Super Heroes 2014

TheDarkness

I don't follow this stuff, so I don't really know who GOTG are, but I do want Rocket Raccoon.

That figure I would bet will sell for $20 awfully quick. That set is probably a winner having Groot and Rocket in it, even though everything else in it is so bleh.

Full disclosure on this post - I have no knowledge or understanding of Guardians of the Galaxy, so I can't tell if any of the figs are good representations of the characters.

That said, I think the figs look phenomenal. The detail on each is impressive, and the raccoon fig is really sweet. The X-men set looks really good too, although I understand some don't like the brick built Sentinel fig. I suppose I can see the disappointment as it's kinda blocky, but I have a feeling it will look better in person. I think fans will still want it.

All in all, I think these sets are nice additions to the theme.

The X-men set looks really good too, although I understand some don't like the brick built Sentinel fig. I suppose I can see the disappointment as it's kinda blocky, but I have a feeling it will look better in person. I think fans will still want it.

Part of my qualms with the build for the Sentinel is it's kind of small. I mean, the Sentinels are friggin' HUGE!!!!

Then again considering the classic attire for the characters in the set perhaps this is also meant to be more based on 'classic' X-Men.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, same, but will wait for a sale. $49.99 is steep for a set of that piece count with no "extras" (maxifig, animals, etc.) in my book. GIVE ME MY COLOSSUS MAXIFIG!!

Oh agreed. Price pr brick is too high, but TRU's frequent coupons will get me at least 15% off. I can wait that long. Or K-Mart points.

These look quite good! Honestly I`ve never been a big comic book fan, so I know very little about GotG or X-Men, other than to say that they are popular. Which isn`t much....  :laugh: but still. As sets go, this years seems to be shaping up pretty well. We`ll have to see how well the films do in theatres and if that helps demand at all (specifically GotG, as X-Men has obviously held a large fan base for a long time). Days of the Future Past is up pretty quick, so we`ll find out soon enough in that area! 

Hey buddies,

I have never parted out a set before, but for set 76022 (X-Men/Blackbird), in my opinion this is the best superhero set ever to part out. ALL minifigs are exclusive so far, and the buildable maxi figure is a sentinel which you can have an infinite amount. Do you agree? Thoughts please. (Glad they finally came out with Storm. I hope she has a back printed head that shows distress. In comic book lore her ONLY real fear is claustrophobia and she sits in a very limited space in the Lego Blackbird! Lol!)

The 6865 Cap set has soften a fair bit in price here with the release of the new one and the waves of fake figs on the market. 
I expect the Wolvie chopper to ease up in price a bit, though having Deadpool as an exclusive (and fingers crossed, yet to see a fake) and Lego making alternate prints will help retain some of the value. 

Hey buddies,

I have never parted out a set before, but for set 76022 (X-Men/Blackbird), in my opinion this is the best superhero set ever to part out. ALL minifigs are exclusive so far, and the buildable maxi figure is a sentinel which you can have an infinite amount. Do you agree? Thoughts please. (Glad they finally came out with Storm. I hope she has a back printed head that shows distress. In comic book lore her ONLY real fear is claustrophobia and she sits in a very limited space in the Lego Blackbird! Lol!)

I just think that the market will be flooded a bit when they first come out and only become a really good part out set after EOL. Just my thoughts.

The 6865 Cap set has soften a fair bit in price here with the release of the new one and the waves of fake figs on the market.

I expect the Wolvie chopper to ease up in price a bit, though having Deadpool as an exclusive (and fingers crossed, yet to see a fake) and Lego making alternate prints will help retain some of the value.

There are a bunch of fake deadpool figs so the fact he is selling well still is great news