Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

42 minutes ago, sunkenbrick said:

Got a question. If Amazon sends the lego box without a carton box and the customer returns it for obvious reasons. Can we get Amazon to cover the loss or we just add it to the "cost of doing business" with Amazon.?

That dumb decision of not sending the set on a carton box cost me at least $125 in revenue. I'm afraid they might do the same with more expensive sets.

You used to be able to open a case, provide images of the box and packaging slip. Claim that the item was damaged due to Amazon not packaging the item which resulted in poor customer experience and a inability to resell the item. I'd get refunded 3/5 times. Fight the 2 remainder and would often win 1/2. 

Based on my experience getting anything resolved recently. Good luck... I haven't gotten an actual response from someone in 6 months. It's been irrelevant copy and paste responses every time.

Question for the FBA veterans, how long before Christmas does FBA needs to receive you shipment so they can add it to inventory before Christmas.

They just received my first shipment and it says will be added on or before January 2nd, 2021. Wondering what the best case scenario could be.

10 minutes ago, shagmoz said:

Question for the FBA veterans, how long before Christmas does FBA needs to receive you shipment so they can add it to inventory before Christmas.

They just received my first shipment and it says will be added on or before January 2nd, 2021. Wondering what the best case scenario could be.

Amazon said December 1 for the US.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=G201637520&language=en_US

• Like 1

2 hours ago, donbee said:

Sounds like you had it too low in the first place. Are you... that guy?

Well to be honest, it happens every year. Some sets I price too low and only the last 10-20 pieces I am selling for the "right" price. But that is better than not selling them this time of the year. But of course there is always room for improvement.

2 hours ago, landphieran said:

Flipping sets on Amazon is getting difficult. With Amazon controlling the buy box regardless of its price and timelines for restock. I'm very annoyed.

At least your listings still show up for people who do not mind paying more for earlier delivery

I am more annoyed with automatic ceilings they put on price.  Sell your craps for $25 all you want. But no no no, $25.99 is too high, so you are DEACTIVATED !! :mad:  

4 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

At least your listings still show up for people who do not mind paying more for earlier delivery

I am more annoyed with automatic ceilings they put on price.  Sell your craps for $25 all you want. But no no no, $25.99 is too high, so you are DEACTIVATED !! :mad:  

One that is still killing me is 60182 Truck & Caravan.......it will not allow me to list above $59.99 while I sit here and watch them fly off the shelf at $90....I figure I'll wait it out and by the time I can list them, they will be $110+...still annoying!

1 hour ago, odysea11 said:

One that is still killing me is 60182 Truck & Caravan.......it will not allow me to list above $59.99 while I sit here and watch them fly off the shelf at $90....I figure I'll wait it out and by the time I can list them, they will be $110+...still annoying!

did you try to set your max and min ?

Amazon's pricing algorithm is going haywire. I sent in a couple boxes of Friendship buses, I set the price at 144.99 and was flagged for pricing errors (figures). I lowered the price to 129.99 which put it near the back of listing prices. About 10 minutes ago, every single one sold. Thinking to myself (*HOLY CRAP*) the price must be pushing 150 that is insane, am i an idiot for not waiting the price out? I look at the listing and there is still a wall of items at 119.95... all in stock...

I've had a very interesting selling year where items, much above going price are selling. It may be momentary "in stock" prioritization from Amazon or buyers are being picky of who they purchasing from.