Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

1 minute ago, gmpirate said:

Maybe I should, but I don't monitor things that closely.  Too many products/things going on.  I do notice however, that items go in and out of inventory all the time and then show up later.  I'm sure there times smaller things do disappear that I don't notice, but I look at it as being no different than a business that has full control of their inventory all the way through the process.  There is theft/loss that happens in any business that has to be accounted for and I'm not sure its worth the time in tracking down in regards to FBA.  In the time it takes I can find more items to flip, organize my inventory, make another shipment, etc.

Lol, I did not either.  I just happened to see 5x ASIN2 sold when I knew for sure I only sent 3 of them :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Lol, I did not either.  I just happened to see 5x ASIN2 sold when I knew for sure I only sent 3 of them :D

This happened to me in October. 4 independent ASINs checked in as 2 x 2 ASINs. Amazon auto reconciled and the shipment reflected corrected quantities of 1 each but my inventory numbers never actually changed. Customer Service told me to just wait and it would change (it never did). I sold through one of the doubled ASINS a few weeks ago - the phantom item sale sat in pending for a couple of weeks, then the sale disappeared. Neither the correct item nor the incorrect item reflected a cancellation in terms of gaining inventory back. Still waiting to see what happens with the 2nd doubled ASIN that sold this weekend. If you have any positive resolution I'd love to hear about it! 

35 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Maybe I should, but I don't monitor things that closely.  Too many products/things going on.  I do notice however, that items go in and out of inventory all the time and then show up later.  I'm sure there times smaller things do disappear that I don't notice, but I look at it as being no different than a business that has full control of their inventory all the way through the process.  There is theft/loss that happens in any business that has to be accounted for and I'm not sure its worth the time in tracking down in regards to FBA.  In the time it takes I can find more items to flip, organize my inventory, make another shipment, etc.

I only notice things like this when I start getting customer complaints/feedback about receiving the wrong item.  They do receive things wrong and then make their own label for the wrong item and stick it on top of your label.  Doesn't happen that often anymore, but happened to me with a large shipment a few months ago and I'm still trying to get them to sort it all out.  I sent in 48 of 2 different ASINs and they received 96 of one and 0 of the other.  Needless to say, I have had 48 unhappy customers.

Loss prevention is something that really pains me to think about. I KNOW, I don't receive the correct quantities of items I order from Walmart, Target etc. I KNOW Amazon losses my inventory, doesn't scan it in, w/e. The problem is it takes way to long to resolve any of the issues. Shipments are splintered into 3-4 delivery dates and sometimes don't include packing slips or they are weirdly splintered as well. Contacting Amazon for any issue at this point is a test in perseverance, resolve and luck.

I haven't found a great way to aggregate my loses and account for them on my taxes but its definitely something I strive to get better at. It feels bad knowing every year I lose a used car in revenue due to chaos.

56 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Edited by landphieran

Just received an email that Amazon initiated a $250 refund for a customer. Refund reason is "Order not received" despite the fact that I received an email stating Amazon had shipped the item I sold via FBA.

How do I resolve this and get my money back? I assume if a customer really didn't receive an FBA delivery Amazon eat the cost no?

Edited by Lego_Monsters

2 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Just received an email that Amazon initiated a $250 refund for a customer. Refund reason is "Order not received" despite the fact that I received an email stating Amazon had shipped the item I sold via FBA. Not going to get into how is it my fault.

How do I resolve this and get my money back? I assume if a customer really didn't receive an FBA delivery Amazon eat the cost no?

you get automatically reimbursed within 45 days . best kind of refund. 

1 minute ago, Lego_Monsters said:

I received $199.64 after fees, but Amazon refunded $214.80. Whhaaa.....?

Will they reimburse me the $214.80 or will they double-dip and only refund me $199.64?

wtf.JPG

you won't get the total 214.8 back . they will  take out an administrative fee, which is a certain % capped at $5 .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lego_Monsters said:

I received $199.64 after fees, but Amazon refunded $214.80. Whhaaa.....?

Will they reimburse me the $214.80 or will they double-dip and only refund me $199.64?

wtf.JPG

they will reimburse you exactly 199.64

in the reimbursement they count it as another sale in terms of deciding how much to reimburse you and deduct the fba shipping fees again

I just saw 1 of my order was marked "Replacement".  The customer had ordered the same item a week prior. Something must have happened to that order and Amazon took another item from that ASIN as replacement for FREE.  There was no record of problem with the original order that I could see

Am I going to be reimbursed for that replacement item or is this just going to be my involuntary donation to papa Bezos' wealth ?

2 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I just saw 1 of my order was marked "Replacement".  The customer had ordered the same item a week prior. Something must have happened to that order and Amazon took another item from that ASIN as replacement for FREE.  There was no record of problem with the original order that I could see

Am I going to be reimbursed for that replacement item or is this just going to be my involuntary donation to papa Bezos' wealth ?

Most of the time the customer will return the original item and it will be un sellable and in that case you won’t be reimbursed . If they don’t return it then yes they will reimburse you . You can have a better idea of the outcome by looking up the reason of the replacement ( it is a number then use the help page to find the key )  

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Most of the time the customer will return the original item and it will be un sellable and in that case you won’t be reimbursed . If they don’t return it then yes they will reimburse you . You can have a better idea of the outcome by looking up the reason of the replacement ( it is a number then use the help page to find the key )  

No reason for replacement and no FBA return request either.  Puff and its gone

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

There is never a return request for a replacement . It will eventually show up in your fulfillment report and like I said if not you will be reimbursed . There is always a reason , hold on I’ll find it in a bit . 

4 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

you will have ti give a couple of days for it to show up , fyi.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 9.09.43 AM.png

13 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

There is never a return request for a replacement . It will eventually show up in your fulfillment report and like I said if not you will be reimbursed . There is always a reason , hold on I’ll find it in a bit . 

you will have ti give a couple of days for it to show up , fyi.

Ok.  Found it.  Of course replacement code is 0 (Other) :D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AWES22 said:

Someone returned a set to me through FBA, and it was the same set but not mine, like the label on it isn’t the type of labels I use. Can I call and have it reimbursed?

Consider yourself lucky that you got the item back.

Do you get reimbursed $20 from the bank when you don't get the same serial number back on a $20 bill you deposited months ago?

32 minutes ago, AWES22 said:

Someone returned a set to me through FBA, and it was the same set but not mine, like the label on it isn’t the type of labels I use. Can I call and have it reimbursed?

If the set is complete and in the condition Amazon says it is, I don't think you can get additional reimbursement. So, just make sure it's complete or the box isn't stuffed with other stuff, etc.

31 minutes ago, AWES22 said:

they technically dont have to return your item to you , per the T&C they can return similar items in its place. what condition is the set in ? if it is opened , missing pieces or filled with rocks you are more likely to get some kind of reimbursement but lately even if they did send rocks it is lie pulling teeth . 

4 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

first step is to recall the item, then assess. in most cases merchant will eat the cost, unless you have a strong case to make of foul play 

So a lot of opportunity for abuse against the merchant built into the FBA system. I have had a particular issue with minifigs packages. Many returns and reasons are absurd. Not sure if it is a competing listing ordering and making complaints on the item or actual clients ordering and not getting the minifig they want and returning. Of course it comes back as unfillable as the package is opened.

1 minute ago, shagmoz said:

So a lot of opportunity for abuse against the merchant built into the FBA system. I have had a particular issue with minifigs packages. Many returns and reasons are absurd. Not sure if it is a competing listing ordering and making complaints on the item or actual clients ordering and not getting the minifig they want and returning. Of course it comes back as unfillable as the package is opened.

the F in FBA doesn't only stand for Fulfilled.. There is more abuse on Amazon compared to other sites and even more so with FBA, but on the flip side the traffic and the $$ price range cant be matched anywhere else. it works , but don't let your frustration get the best of you . You have more control if you do FBM but it is more work and doesnt always make sense ( and you still can get scammed ) 

• Like 3