Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

8 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Thanks! missed the boat on this one been sending separate boxes for separate sku's for years.

Have you come across any confusion / receiving issues on Amazon's part sending mixed vs 1 sku per box?

i came to realize that either way you will be f***d by amazon. you would think it would be safer to send one sku per box, but alas , at least for me, that never came to fruition . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Have you come across any confusion / receiving issues on Amazon's part sending mixed vs 1 sku per box?

Thats exactly what my posts have been about on either side of your posts. But its rare and it is usually resolved - this is my first real issue that hasn't been fixed by Amazon, and as Bold-Arrow posted it still may resolve itself eventually. I'm sure, like anything with FBA, there are some real horror stories, but its usually not an issue. 

39 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Thanks! missed the boat on this one been sending separate boxes for separate sku's for years.

no.  you need to be a little proactive and pack similar appearing boxes from different sets in the same theme into different boxes of the shipment to make it easier for the overworked warehouse worker to get their quota.  if i have a high value smaller set, i will spread it across multiple boxes in the shipment in case one box gets lost.  each shipment can have multiple sets and multiple boxes and you can put the same set in one box or all boxes.  in the past when i did fba, i would send in 20-30 24x20x20 boxes at a time to 5-6 distribution centers and it would take 7-16 days for everything to show up as available to ship.  this year i am prepacking 50 sets a day to keep up with current fbm demand and be ready to slap labels on prepacked sets across dozens of skus on bf->cm.

this time of year i used to get angsty over the naked box returns via the  oh so convenient 0ups store where they just slap a label on the box and put inside a giant burlap bag with all the other items going back to amazon land.  and you get it back weeks later taped together pieces rattling around inside.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, cladner said:

no.  you need to be a little proactive and pack similar appearing boxes from different sets in the same theme into different boxes of the shipment to make it easier for the overworked warehouse worker to get their quota.

This. Sometimes even I pull a wrong set from my shelves since they look similar to another set.  I am not going to expect somebody who opens hundred of boxes per day to be able to tell the difference

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

This. Sometimes even I pull a wrong set from my shelves since they look similar to another set.  I am not going to expect somebody who opens hundred of boxes per day to be able to tell the difference

are you commingling ? because if you are applying stickers that wont matter ( in theory ) 

18 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

are you commingling ? because if you are applying stickers that wont matter ( in theory ) 

I label all my inventory and they still receive things wrong on a regular basis.  Just sent in 24 of a Spiderman figure and 24 of another character and they received 36 of one, and 12 of another.  Then they print their own label for the wrongly received item and place it over top of your correctly labeled item.  Has happened to me dozens of times.  When I ask for a bin check/photos, they either admit the mistake and relabel it, or they send me photos where I can see their WRONG label put on top of my correctly labeled inventory.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I put labels and in theory it should be ok.  I am just making it easier for whoever opening the packages to tell the difference between these 2 blue boxes vs the other 2 blue boxes with the same size

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I label all my inventory and they still receive things wrong on a regular basis.  Just sent in 24 of a Spiderman figure and 24 of another character and they received 36 of one, and 12 of another.  Then they print their own label for the wrongly received item and place it over top of your correctly labeled item.  Has happened to me dozens of times.  When I ask for a bin check/photos, they either admit the mistake and relabel it, or they send me photos where I can see their WRONG label put on top of my correctly labeled inventory.

I have them miscount items occasionally but didn't know that you could have them take pictures. How do you do that and in what circumstances? Because they sometimes under receive and then tell me that they reconcile and still not find the missing items. I assume that you can only ask for pictures when they just mix up, not when under received? 

2 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I have them miscount items occasionally but didn't know that you could have them take pictures. How do you do that and in what circumstances? Because they sometimes under receive and then tell me that they reconcile and still not find the missing items. I assume that you can only ask for pictures when they just mix up, not when under received? 

I've only had them send pictures to me when they mix things up.  It is just confusing how they can receive labeled inventory and then literally take the time to print a new wrong label and cover up your correct label.  It must be difficult to correct the receiving mistake, so they just print a label and "make" it correct.  Happens a lot with similar items like Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, or Lego sets that look similar (like small Friends sets, etc.)

3 minutes ago, allen9917 said:

Is it just me or someone else also noticed the 'Sell on Amazon' button disappeared for a lot of Lego sets?  Not for all of the Lego sets but most of them. Is this part of the holiday restriction?

Most likely just Amzn rearranging things.  I can sell during holidays and I still see my inventory listed even though the sell button is gone

10 minutes ago, allen9917 said:

Is it just me or someone else also noticed the 'Sell on Amazon' button disappeared for a lot of Lego sets?  Not for all of the Lego sets but most of them. Is this part of the holiday restriction?

glitch.  happened a couple of times this year on some sets.  to get around the missing sell button, copy the asin on the listing ur interested in, go to add products  under catalog drop down (left of inventory ) on seller central, paste the asin and add the set.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, landphieran said:

At the rate that Lego sets are going out of stock this year. I'm wondering if its better to flip everything I can my hands on instead of holding. Are people holding out for later this Christmas to sell? Some of the prices are already very high. I'm conflicted.

I'm having the exact same internal struggle. So, I decided to split the difference. Selling through certain amount now, then raising prices as we get closer to Christmas or I sell through that certain number.

8 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

There's got to be some way to adjust it.

Nope. I have over 500 price alerts going. No way to fix them at all. Many threads about in the Amazon seller forums. It was a knee jerk reaction by Amazon to a couple of hit pieces in NYT and Wapo about price going over during the pandemic and things like that. The Amazon bots pick up original price points, low priced sellers, Walmart.com pricing and tons of other things and decide what you can cap out at. I have a few items out of the 500+ I have been having for a few months now eventually go live at the higher prices when the algorithms finally loose the old price or something else triggers it. I have no clue because it makes no sense and some of the stuff has been priced out for years and the product 10-20 years old. Anyways, just figure out the cap and do your best to sell it at that or try another venue. Not much else you can do these days. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

I appreciate the info, what about setting up a second listing, you see that all the time with Lego sets.

That is playing with fire imo. I wouldn't ever do it to risk my account, you can try to list the item as Collectible-Like New and offer a description that says it is still sealed or whatever. Those, generally speaking, don't trigger the bots, but I do have some that have and it will not sell nearly as fast as listing it as NEW. That is your call. 

Edited by smittypop2