Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Although it's a pain shipping out stuff every day, I have enjoyed handling my own inventory the past few months.

Honestly if I had a nice warehouse I would probably enjoy it, too. I don't do FBM mostly because I don't have space to store all the different sized boxes and dunnage I would need, and partly because I'm terrified of having my account closed due to one or two bad customers (maybe it's not that bad these days, but there were a lot of horror stories about FBM customers and feedback/performance metrics back when I started).

I might look into it after the holidays though if these warehouse issues keep getting worse.

Most of my Amzn related headaches from the past 3 months were caused by FBA.  They ranged from the unauthorized refunds without returns to late shipments to damages to items due to poor packaging.  Not to mention all of the vicious competitors that would lie and cheat to destroy you at any chance they have :drag:

• 2 weeks later...

Thats because you can't. Its rather ironic... Amazon added these pricing restrictions specifically to prevent sellers from price gouging during the pandemic. Yet Amazon themselves constantly sells things like lego, video games, sanitation products, etc at a big markup recently. Rules for thee, not for me.

Quick update on this mysterious Late Delivery FBA refunds that amazon refused to reimburse even when the buyer never returned the item from a month or two back.  .

Sent "Jeff" an email with all the order numbers asking for clarification and reimbursement on three orders. Took a couple of weeks to get a reply but they did reimburse me on all three orders however they never explained why that happened. 

• Like 2

Thats because you can't. Its rather ironic... Amazon added these pricing restrictions specifically to prevent sellers from price gouging during the pandemic. Yet Amazon themselves constantly sells things like lego, video games, sanitation products, etc at a big markup recently. Rules for thee, not for me.
In other categories it started about 2 years now. Total frustration and AZ has been informed THOUSANDS of times. One more hidden AZ tax.

5 hours ago, Serejai said:

At least Amzn did not just willy nilly use your FBA stocks to fulfill their own orders and conveniently forgot to reimburse you.... oh wait who am I kidding :drag:

44 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

This smells like a hack to me.  It could be a simple programming error but it has affected a lot of different listings with only one common denominator - they're all Mattel listings.  It seems it is happening globally too, not just USA.

12 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I have 1 out 4 items in a Removal Order I placed showing as Cancelled. Anyone any insights as to why this might have happened? It didn't get sold. Do I have any recourse? Not sure if the free removal promotion is still going on ....

The normal removal fee is only 50 cents anyway so I wouldn't worry too much about the promotion (at least in my opinion). As for the cancelled, I have no idea and am in a similar situation. I created a removal order three weeks ago for an item and Amazon hasn't sent it yet. It's scheduled to be automatically disposed of in like a week. Seller support has assured me the item won't be destroyed since I've already created the removal order but I'm very nervous because it's a $600 item. You could try calling them on Monday and seeing if it's a known issue? Or just place another removal order (there doesn't seem to be a downside to this that I can see; I've already placed three on my item just in case).

I eventually got my last issue sorted by emailing Jeff. It took two weeks for a response but everything was taken care of. This was after months of having my cases auto closed by regular CS.

That being said it was for a $700 set that they lost and I wouldn't have done it over a smaller amount because I'm positive they track how many times you email Jeff and there's probably a limit or repercussions for abusing it.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently saw something very interesting, and this is for FBA:

(1) I have an order for 1 particular item.

(2) Order got cancelled, not shipped out.

(3) Now I have 0 of this item and it is inactive ...

So, magically, it is gone. Have anyone has this similar experience before?

Need some tips/advice again: Made 2 FBA sales around mid-July that saw the same item from my inventory be shipped out to the same customer a week later with a $0 sale price. I assume these were "lost in the mail" or something. Never got a return for these items. When I tried filing for reimbursement I was told I had to wait 45 days for the return window to close before being able to file. So I waited 45 days, and now all I have left on these two orders is a "Request Review" button which immediately tells me the window was 5-30 days after shipment and therefore has been closed.

How can I file a case for reimbursement for this? Amazon's case filing procedure is labyrinthine at best if not downright non-existent.

Any help is most appreciated.

EDIT: Found one of these orders back in my unfulfillable inventory, but the other one does not show up, even though Help tells me it is damaged by customer and hence unfulfillable. I have my autodisposal method set as ship back to me, not as destroy.

Edited by Phil B

I have started preparing shipments for the holiday season. Confirming the shipments, printing the box labels and setting the ship date weeks in the future. 

To my surprise I noticed Amazon has already made ALL of those items available on the marketplace with an expected outbound ship date from the Amazon warehouse 3 days from now. I never marked the shipments as complete and I'm dumbfounded that they put in a feature to set a shipment date but completely ignore it.

If you plan on shipping things out in the future, don't print the labels it must be triggered off of that.

30 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Need some tips/advice again: Made 2 FBA sales around mid-July that saw the same item from my inventory be shipped out to the same customer a week later with a $0 sale price. I assume these were "lost in the mail" or something. Never got a return for these items. When I tried filing for reimbursement I was told I had to wait 45 days for the return window to close before being able to file. So I waited 45 days, and now all I have left on these two orders is a "Request Review" button which immediately tells me the window was 5-30 days after shipment and therefore has been closed.

How can I file a case for reimbursement for this? Amazon's case filing procedure is labyrinthine at best if not downright non-existent.

Any help is most appreciated.

EDIT: Found one of these orders back in my unfulfillable inventory, but the other one does not show up, even though Help tells me it is damaged by customer and hence unfulfillable. I have my autodisposal method set as ship back to me, not as destroy.

Honestly just keep opening cases about it (call them or just pick a generic case option) and good luck. Something is going on lately with their inventory support. Im still waiting on reimbursements that were initiated weeks ago. Reps confirm the reimbursements are "in progress" but for whatever reason arent actually going through. I also have a couple returns that I put in removal orders for 2-3 months ago and im still waiting for those, as well. Lastly I have about a dozen items that have just disappeared entirely with the last known inventory adjustment on them being an FC transfer almost a month ago. Of course seller support is no help in finding them and just keeps telling me to be patient (because having thousands of dollars just vanish with no accountability is a normal thing I guess).

My guess is that their entire fulfillment network is broken at the moment due to covid but instead of admitting that they are just trying to deflect whenever possible and deal with all these problems early next year (or never, if sellers just give up or forget).

2 hours ago, Serejai said:

Honestly just keep opening cases about it (call them or just pick a generic case option) and good luck. Something is going on lately with their inventory support. Im still waiting on reimbursements that were initiated weeks ago. Reps confirm the reimbursements are "in progress" but for whatever reason arent actually going through. I also have a couple returns that I put in removal orders for 2-3 months ago and im still waiting for those, as well. Lastly I have about a dozen items that have just disappeared entirely with the last known inventory adjustment on them being an FC transfer almost a month ago. Of course seller support is no help in finding them and just keeps telling me to be patient (because having thousands of dollars just vanish with no accountability is a normal thing I guess).

My guess is that their entire fulfillment network is broken at the moment due to covid but instead of admitting that they are just trying to deflect whenever possible and deal with all these problems early next year (or never, if sellers just give up or forget).

Thanks - will have to call them I think. I've done some sleuthing and as mentioned before, one came back as "Customer Damaged" and ended up in my unfulfillable inventory. It was submitted as "Product not as expected" so I guess they built it and thought it wasn't the right size for the money (they paid 3xRRP :) ).

The other one is weirder though. Shows up as received and unsellable on 9/1, but not in my inventory, I didn't re-sell it, and it is not marked as unsellable. On one of their return reports it shows, on the other it doesn't. It's like it has disappeared within Amazon (not unthinkable). I have auto-removal settings to weekly remove items and ship them back to me, but I ran reports on the pending Removal orders and shipments and nothing shows for this item.

That said, the item I just created a removal order for was received on 8/16, and only in the last few days showed up in my unfulfillable inventory list (within the last week), so perhaps I need to wait a bit longer instead and it will "magically" appear.

Really a love-hate relationship with Amazon ......

For here or the Need a Laugh thread...

"Amazon Services <[email protected]>

3:07 PM (4 hours ago)

To me
Hello from Amazon,

We are writing to let you know that the following detail pages have been removed from our catalog:

ASIN: B0000WS4TC, SKU: 73-2EFL-P0KQ, Title: Star Wars LEGO Lightsaber Duel (7101)

This product has been identified as a children's toy that incorperates lasers. Laser pointers are generally not allowed for sale on Amazon.

For more information, please see our Laser products Seller Help Page: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/help.html?itemID=201689020&language=en-US&ref=efph_201689020_cont_200164330"

I always thought they were just dangerous if you stepped on them...
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Achilles said:

To me
Hello from Amazon,

We are writing to let you know that the following detail pages have been removed from our catalog:

ASIN: B0000WS4TC, SKU: 73-2EFL-P0KQ, Title: Star Wars LEGO Lightsaber Duel (7101)

This product has been identified as a children's toy that incorperates lasers. Laser pointers are generally not allowed for sale on Amazon.

For more information, please see our Laser products Seller Help Page: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/help.html?itemID=201689020&language=en-US&ref=efph_201689020_cont_200164330"

You can’t make this stuff up

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Achilles said:

To me
Hello from Amazon,

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

You can’t make this stuff up

Especially the spelling mistake .... *sigh*

• Like 2