Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

5 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Are we allowed to call customers in case we believe they placed a duplicate order in error - FMB ? The way I read the policy , it leans towards no, but it is also vague .

can you message them first?  I would think a clarification like this would qualify as reasonable use, but I've never had a need before.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Are we allowed to call customers in case we believe they placed a duplicate order in error - FMB ? The way I read the policy , it leans towards no, but it is also vague .

you can always cancel 1 order and use address undeliverable . take a small hit to the oDR but as long as u are selling enough - no biggie.  depends on the cost of the item.  expensive item definitely would cancel.  cheaper item, may or may not.  bottom line is i i really don't want a mistakenly ordered contaminated FBM item being returned to my house so i would error on the side of assuming it was an error and cancel the order and take the odr hit and not get a virus-laden return.  others may take a different point of view but as long as you are selling enough to keep your prefulfillment cancel rate under 2.5% , u r fine.

u could also message the buyer through amazon and ask if they meant to place to separate orders.

personally, i would not call because i would not want to be called.

Edited by cladner
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cladner said:

you can always cancel 1 order and use address undeliverable . take a small hit to the oDR but as long as u are selling enough - no biggie.  depends on the cost of the item.  expensive item definitely would cancel.  cheaper item, may or may not.  bottom line is i i really don't want a mistakenly ordered contaminated FBM item being returned to my house so i would error on the side of assuming it was an error and cancel the order and take the odr hit and not get a virus-laden return.  others may take a different point of view but as long as you are selling enough to keep your prefulfillment cancel rate under 2.5% , u r fine.

u could also message the buyer through amazon and ask if they meant to place to separate orders.

personally, i would not call because i would not want to be called.

it was for a 10188 ( well two orders for the same set), so I would just cancel if it comes down to that . I will email and see . thanks 

• Like 1

Pausing Account Suspensions for Order Performance

Similar to how Amazon is working to get our fulfillment capabilities back to regular operations, we have heard from many of you who are also facing challenges in running your businesses. To protect your account and ensure these supply chain and fulfillment difficulties do not impact your Account Health, beginning March 20, we stopped suspending selling accounts for high cancelation or high late shipment rates. Effective immediately, we are also stopping suspension of selling accounts for high order defect rates. These changes will stay in effect through May 15. We will continue to evaluate the situation, and let you know if we will extend this further.

Making reliable promises for customers remains particularly important at this time, and so we appreciate everything you are doing to fulfill your orders successfully, and we encourage you to put your account on vacation if you are not able to do so. If you are fulfilling and shipping your own products directly to customers, we have created the following content 45 as a reminder of our policies and best practices.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to use our forums – our moderators and experienced sellers can help answer any of your questions.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

We are contacting you because we show that you may be selling Children’s Toys.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best customer experience, we need to confirm that your product meets current safety standards. As a result, you must provide us with the required safety documentation no later than May 3rd, 2020, after which all unapproved ASINs will be suppressed.

Refer to the following help page for information on:

1) safety document requirements for Children’s Toys and;
2) how to submit these documents to ensure there is no impact to your business

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/GV9VZ5A7PJZQYRFF?language=en_US&ref=efph_GV9VZ5A7PJZQYRFF_cont_5SB2HLMUYFK4MXC

NOTE FOR FBA SELLERS: If you have Children’s Toys inventory in our fulfillment centers that is missing the safety documentation, you will have 30 days from the above date to create a removal order. For information on removal orders, visit https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/G200280650. Standard FBA fees for returns or disposals will apply.

By applying to sell these products, you certify that all the information you submit is true.

Thank you for doing business with Amazon.

Sincerely,
Amazon Services
I adjusted pricing and I'm down to 1 ASIN from the 13 in the child protection nastygram. Is anyone seeing this issue when sending sets in to FBA now? I don't want to send in 10-20 boxes just to get penalized immediately. Thx!

2 hours ago, FM said:
On 4/2/2020 at 12:50 AM, Foreman Porgy said:
Hello,

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best customer experience, we need to confirm that your product meets current safety standards. As a result, you must provide us with the required safety documentation no later than May 3rd, 2020, after which all unapproved ASINs will be suppressed.

Refer to the following help page for information on:

1) safety document requirements for Children’s Toys and;
2) how to submit these documents to ensure there is no impact to your business

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/GV9VZ5A7PJZQYRFF?language=en_US&ref=efph_GV9VZ5A7PJZQYRFF_cont_5SB2HLMUYFK4MXC

NOTE FOR FBA SELLERS: If you have Children’s Toys inventory in our fulfillment centers that is missing the safety documentation, you will have 30 days from the above date to create a removal order. For information on removal orders, visit https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/G200280650. Standard FBA fees for returns or disposals will apply.

By applying to sell these products, you certify that all the information you submit is true.

Sincerely,
Amazon Services

I adjusted pricing and I'm down to 1 ASIN from the 13 in the child protection nastygram. Is anyone seeing this issue when sending sets in to FBA now? I don't want to send in 10-20 boxes just to get penalized immediately. Thx!

We haven't been able to send in FBA for weeks?

3 hours ago, exciter1 said:

We haven't been able to send in FBA for weeks?

Check your listings.  I received some email from Amazon last week about FBA and it had a link to my inventory showing some items I could send in.  Mostly it was my Easter stuff -- go figure.

11 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

At least  a week. And seemingly everything under the $30 range is being shipped in a bag. 

yeah, I bought some sc sets, total was below $30, and they came in a bubble mailer, total crushed.

Then I complained to CS, amz sent me replacement, came in a bubble mailer again couple days later, boxes were soaked and looked like went through a war.

complained again and asked if CS can leave a note to fulfillment putting the sets in a box, haven't received them yet, will see how it turns out this time.

1 hour ago, HappyHawkeye said:

How long has Amazon been taking to fulfill everyone's FBA orders? For me it's been roughly in the 5-7 day range.

Not complaining - I get that Lego is not priority right now. Just curious.

I have 2 orders waiting over 15 days now. I can't believe the buyers haven't canceled yet.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:17 PM, superlegolover said:

yeah, I bought some sc sets, total was below $30, and they came in a bubble mailer, total crushed.

Then I complained to CS, amz sent me replacement, came in a bubble mailer again couple days later, boxes were soaked and looked like went through a war.

complained again and asked if CS can leave a note to fulfillment putting the sets in a box, haven't received them yet, will see how it turns out this time.

I had the same exp.  I specifically requested a box for my replacement SC sets. Half came in a box and were perfect, the other half came in the same bubble mailers but weren't as crushed as last time.  I'm done gambling and figured I'd keep these.  Put the most crushed one in my personal collection.  They also made a mistake in generating one of the return labels and ended up refunding one of them and still sent me the replacement.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:00 PM, iahawks550 said:

At least  a week. And seemingly everything under the $30 range is being shipped in a bag. 

I bought 4 small SC sets at the same time, two were the same set (with discounts still around $40).  Amazon separated all four into separate bubble mailers.  *facepalm*

Does anyone know the correct claim to make when a scammer customer returns random pieces instead of the actual set you sent. I thought it was a SAFE-T claim, but it's not allowing that claim since it was FBA (says for FBM only). This is a >$400 set, so I'll put in extra effort not to eat it.

5 minutes ago, bbr said:

Does anyone know the correct claim to make when a scammer customer returns random pieces instead of the actual set you sent. I thought it was a SAFE-T claim, but it's not allowing that claim since it was FBA (says for FBM only). This is a >$400 set, so I'll put in extra effort not to eat it.

Safe-T claims are FBM only, you will need to open a case for FBA. Good luck, it isn't as easy as it used to be. 

• Like 1

I got 5 ASIN affected and the pages are gone :

Hello,

We previously contacted you to request the required safety documentation mentioned in this help page: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/GV9VZ5A7PJZQYRFF?language=en_US&ref=efph_GV9VZ5A7PJZQYRFF_cont_5SB2HLMUYFK4MXC. We have not received the required documentation and have therefore suppressed the ASIN(s).

If you would like to sell this ASIN(s), please submit the required safety documentation as outlined on this help page.

NOTE FOR FBA SELLERS: If you have Children’s Toys inventory in our fulfillment centers that is missing the safety documentation, you will have 30 days from the above date to create a removal order. For information on removal orders, visit https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/G200280650. Standard FBA fees for returns or disposals will apply.

Sincerely,
Amazon Services

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I got 5 ASIN affected and the pages are gone :

Hello,

We previously contacted you to request the required safety documentation mentioned in this help page: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/GV9VZ5A7PJZQYRFF?language=en_US&ref=efph_GV9VZ5A7PJZQYRFF_cont_5SB2HLMUYFK4MXC. We have not received the required documentation and have therefore suppressed the ASIN(s).

If you would like to sell this ASIN(s), please submit the required safety documentation as outlined on this help page.

NOTE FOR FBA SELLERS: If you have Children’s Toys inventory in our fulfillment centers that is missing the safety documentation, you will have 30 days from the above date to create a removal order. For information on removal orders, visit https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/G200280650. Standard FBA fees for returns or disposals will apply.

Sincerely,
Amazon Services

I have a few too, I just kept a few of them out there. Looks like we'll have to be in search of other listings, since FBA stock is Null right now anyway.