Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

5 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

interesting that all of mine are just Lego , not a single Funko…. hmmmmm!!

all of my flagged asin are FBM LEGO sets that that have sold in the last week. 

no FBA sets I have sold or have listed were flagged.

other brands were unaffected.

no sets that were not sold recently have been flagged.

one other poster mentioned Town Hall getting flagged - i have that on my list of SKU out of stock and haven't sold any this year and it wasn't flagged for me.

my approach is going to be the same as last time:  remove the asin that have been flagged and have my plan of action be that these were old out of production SKU that I no longer have any stock of and have deleted from my store.

sell the flagged ASIN  on ebay or wait til later this year to relist.

i don't remember hearing from any bp'er posting that the submitted safety certificates were accepted though there is an incentive to keep one's mouth shut if they do work.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mine run the gamut. Both FBA and FBM affected, some (most?) have recently high velocity, some haven't sold for months (or many months, in some cases).

multiple have 'Discontinued by manufacturer' in the title, so I concur that they are probably old out-of-production SKUs.

• Like 1

I'm just going to submit my certificates, wait for the denial email where they will want the full 50 page test report from the lab, gently complain that there is no way I can provide this because LEGO will not share those with me, in the meanwhile selling through the few items I still have listed and then pull listings.

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

I'm just going to submit my certificates, wait for the denial email where they will want the full 50 page test report from the lab, gently complain that there is no way I can provide this because LEGO will not share those with me, in the meanwhile selling through the few items I still have listed and then pull listings.

Complaining that Lego won't give it to you doesn't do you a whole lot of good because it simply highlights that you're not an authorized dealer for them.  A better route is to argue that the certificate is what federal law requires Lego to issue to document compliance with the applicable safety standards and if that's good enough for the U.S. government, it should be good enough for Amazon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, redcell said:

Complaining that Lego won't give it to you doesn't do you a whole lot of good because it simply highlights that you're not an authorized dealer for them.  A better route is to argue that the certificate is what federal law requires Lego to issue to document compliance with the applicable safety standards and if that's good enough for the U.S. government, it should be good enough for Amazon.

I would argue that the best thing to do is...Nothing.

• Like 6

I asked where to submit documents and in AZ's typical horrific support style they didn't answer my question at all and instead threw wrenches:

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

I understand that you concern regarding the submitting the documents for selling children's toys.

Upon checking the details, we see that the documents to be submitted are:

Company name
Seller ID/Vendor ID
Email address
Phone number
A list of Toy ASINs you are applying to sell
A Children’s Product Certificate (CPC) for the ASINs you are applying to sell
Test reports from a CPSC-accepted testing laboratory confirming each product was tested to the requirements listed below:
Product Amazon Testing Requirement
Toys for children under age 12 ASTM F963-16 /-17, CPSIA

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, odysea11 said:

It appears to me that they have put a freeze on the IPI score.....either that or I am coincidentally running the same number for the third week.....

Anyone have any more insight on this?

Mine has dropped about 8pts each week, including this morning.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Mine has dropped about 8pts each week, including this morning.

Mine was going up for the first couple of weeks.  Now that all the best sellers are gone, only the junk is left and that is hurting the overall sell through score. I finally bit the bullet and started doing some merchant fulfilled sales last week.  It has been pretty insane and feels like a 2nd holiday season, but i'll be curious to see if it holds after Easter this weekend.  I am now sourcing from toy distributors with the expectation that I will be merchant fulfilling anything within the next 30 days at least.  It seems like Amazon is very slow to replenish their own stock of toys that are selling out right now and they are also giving the buy box to MF sellers that can fulfill faster than FBA.

Edited by cobrakai
spelling
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

what are folks thoughts on Amazon moving back "Prime Day" till the fall

I know that's typically the first major sale event on the calendar.

Wondering how being so close to black friday will affect things and also reselling strategy

First thing first, Amzn need to open back their warehouses to receive our FBA craps LEGO/toys.  Otherwise, I am out

Just now, Sozial said:

Well ye, but take into account, that there is an influx of orders as well. So its not too bad, at least in EU.

That's what I meant.  The increase in orders is not usual and more similar to Christmas time.  Now that Amazon put extended return time, it becomes exactly like Christmas time. :)

13 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

has anyone sent any Lego in recently? I have a bunch of listings that are no longer blocked but I'm worried that if having them unblocked is a mistake I may be asking for trouble if I send them in now.

BB is going mostly to FBM even if fBa is cheaper  so I wouldn’t even bother sending those yet even if I could . Better off self fulfilling if it makes business sense to you . 

• Like 3

looks like 

47 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

has anyone sent any Lego in recently? I have a bunch of listings that are no longer blocked but I'm worried that if having them unblocked is a mistake I may be asking for trouble if I send them in now.

There was a small window to send to FBA but appears to have been closed again and Amazon has again prioritize health essential items.  

• Like 3