Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:
Hello from Fulfillment by Amazon,

COVID-19 has impacted millions of people and businesses around the world, and we thank you for your patience as we have focused our efforts on delivering the highest priority items to customers. 

To support you and your fellow sellers during these difficult times, we will waive two weeks of storage fees in March for products stored in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, the Czech Republic, and Canada. This is in addition to the previously announced waiver of the April 15 long-term storage fees. You can learn more on this Help page.

We hope you, your family, and your employees are safe and healthy. 

Thank you for participating in FBA.

The Fulfillment by Amazon team

What about our IPI boss?

• Like 1

Hello,

We are contacting you because we show that you may be selling Children’s Toys.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best customer experience, we need to confirm that your product meets current safety standards. As a result, you must provide us with the required safety documentation no later than May 3rd, 2020, after which all unapproved ASINs will be suppressed.

Refer to the following help page for information on:

1) safety document requirements for Children’s Toys and;
2) how to submit these documents to ensure there is no impact to your business

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/GV9VZ5A7PJZQYRFF?language=en_US&ref=efph_GV9VZ5A7PJZQYRFF_cont_5SB2HLMUYFK4MXC

NOTE FOR FBA SELLERS: If you have Children’s Toys inventory in our fulfillment centers that is missing the safety documentation, you will have 30 days from the above date to create a removal order. For information on removal orders, visit https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/G200280650. Standard FBA fees for returns or disposals will apply.

By applying to sell these products, you certify that all the information you submit is true.

Thank you for doing business with Amazon.

Sincerely,
Amazon Services

• Like 1

I just counted and have 36 in 3 emails so far. I only tried about 10 of the ASINs, 9 Lego and a McFarlane action figure that is about 15 years old. I highly doubt I will be getting any certs on that. I just pulled 5 Lego certs really quick and sent them in to see what they are going to do. I am sure I will get an answer in a few days one way or the other. Some of the certs were a few years older and I suspect they are going to ask for newer ones even though the products were not manufactured in the past few years. Who ever knows what Amazon is doing??? Anyways, I seem to remember them pretty much cancelling this whole thing the last time they asked for this garbage. Anyone else remember? I know I sent in a bunch of stuff and they took some and left others and then, abruptly, said to forget about the whole thing when the date was almost upon us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smittypop2 said:

I just counted and have 36 in 3 emails so far. I only tried about 10 of the ASINs, 9 Lego and a McFarlane action figure that is about 15 years old. I highly doubt I will be getting any certs on that. I just pulled 5 Lego certs really quick and sent them in to see what they are going to do. I am sure I will get an answer in a few days one way or the other. Some of the certs were a few years older and I suspect they are going to ask for newer ones even though the products were not manufactured in the past few years. Who ever knows what Amazon is doing??? Anyways, I seem to remember them pretty much cancelling this whole thing the last time they asked for this garbage. Anyone else remember? I know I sent in a bunch of stuff and they took some and left others and then, abruptly, said to forget about the whole thing when the date was almost upon us.

Everyone struggled to get the correct testing certificate. That was the big hold up. Eventually Amazon rescinded some of the ASINs and kind of dropped the whole thing. They never retracted the other ASINs tho...I know some sellers deleted their listings, made new ones and continued to send their product with no problems. Hard to run the gauntlet with it this year especially with the whole COVID thing upon us. Amazon may stick to their guns this time..but who really knows...

I sent in those 5 certs and already got this reply:

Greetings,

Amazon's policies require that all toys sold through the Amazon website meet specified certification standards. In order to sell these products on Amazon, you must apply by submitting the following items .

1. Please be informed that we can only accept genuine images. Therefore, kindly take clear photo of the product and product packaging for ASINs clearly displaying: ( For ASINs B00IANU4XW, B075RDRJLW, B075NTK9YR and B006TF729M)
i) Manufacturer name
ii) Manufacturer address

2. A testing report confirming that your product was successfully tested to the standards listed below by a CPSC- approved laboratory: (for all the ASINs)
i) ASTM F963-16 / ASTM F963-17
ii) The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA)

By applying to sell these products you certify that all materials you submit in conjunction with your application are true, authentic, and accurate. Note that Amazon may remove your selling privileges for failing to meet these requirements.

We appreciate your cooperation on this important matter.

Thank you for selling with Amazon,

Mridul T.
Amazon.com Product Compliance

I sent in those 5 certs and already got this reply:

Greetings,   Amazon's policies require that all toys sold through the Amazon website meet specified certification standards. In order to sell these products on Amazon, you must apply by submitting the following items .   1. Please be informed that we can only accept genuine images. Therefore, kindly take clear photo of the product and product packaging for ASINs clearly displaying: ( For ASINs B00IANU4XW, B075RDRJLW, B075NTK9YR and B006TF729M) i) Manufacturer name ii) Manufacturer address   2. A testing report confirming that your product was successfully tested to the standards listed below by a CPSC- approved laboratory: (for all the ASINs) i) ASTM F963-16 / ASTM F963-17 ii) The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA)   By applying to sell these products you certify that all materials you submit in conjunction with your application are true, authentic, and accurate. Note that Amazon may remove your selling privileges for failing to meet these requirements.   We appreciate your cooperation on this important matter.     Thank you for selling with Amazon,   Mridul T. Amazon.com Product Compliance

If IRCC they wanted original reports from labs that were usually 50 pages long. Can’t believe they are starting this up again.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

when can we start sending in FBA again?

I'd predict not until the majority of stores reopen. Nobody wants to go in a store, and would rather order online. Could be months. I'm just hoping it's in time to get stuff in for Christmas.

1 hour ago, brickology101 said:

Only 3 ASINs of which none are currently for sale. They are not even showing up in my inventory. So this looks to me like how it was 2 years ago. Recall them, erase them, Wait for a year and list them again.

Good advice. Meanwhile LEGO is still selling like hotcakes on the other platforms and locally so not sure if we will have any left after a year to relist on the river.

1 hour ago, brickology101 said:

Only 3 ASINs of which none are currently for sale. They are not even showing up in my inventory. So this looks to me like how it was 2 years ago. Recall them, erase them, Wait for a year and list them again.

you got a little bit over a month to move. Best to sell if the price is right than recall 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Locally? Venmo and leave it on the curb?

I wouldn't want to meet up with a buyer within 6 feet.

You mustn't have bored kids at home going stir crazy. Dads just happy to have an excuse to get out in the car and then taking the extra long scenic route home.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2