Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Ok, so I sent in two shipments (same fullfilment center) and both have been checked in and received in the past 24 hours, which is refreshing given that my previous shipment was delivered to a different center a month ago and has yet to be checked in.

BUT, all of the sets went straight to stranded inventory because of an "inventory error", no other information provided. I've dug around on the forums and can't find much of use - any ideas what I need to do before I contact  support? 

2 hours ago, legorunner said:

Ok, so I sent in two shipments (same fullfilment center) and both have been checked in and received in the past 24 hours, which is refreshing given that my previous shipment was delivered to a different center a month ago and has yet to be checked in.

BUT, all of the sets went straight to stranded inventory because of an "inventory error", no other information provided. I've dug around on the forums and can't find much of use - any ideas what I need to do before I contact  support? 

I have 12 ASINs with the same "Inventory error" problem. I am thinking about contacting Seller Support today. The only instructions I see are, "The inventory may be bound in a fulfillment center for review or you may need to refresh your listing. Contact Seller Support for further instructions."

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

I have 12 ASINs with the same "Inventory error" problem. I am thinking about contacting Seller Support today. The only instructions I see are, "The inventory may be bound in a fulfillment center for review or you may need to refresh your listing. Contact Seller Support for further instructions."

Same message as well. I did notice that a couple of ASINs I sent in a month ago had this message for at least 2 weeks. I never dealt with it since the box hasn't been checked in yet, and eventually I noticed this week that the message has gone away. 

16 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

I have one of these Inventory Error skus and filed a support case. It has been ignored for 2 days.

I was told that mine was stuck at a fulfillment center that doesn't do removal orders.  It will remain stranded until it moves to a fulfillment center that can process removals...?

I called support Thursday evening. I was told that there was no error that they could find and they had me click through on the "refresh stranded reason" and the customer service rep did the same. They seemed positive that would work, and when it didn't they just said "uhhh, wait 24 hours, that should fix it". Well, its Saturday...I guess I'll call again. 

Just spoke to Seller Support again. Mostly useless. The person I spoke with a few days ago realized this was an issue across multiple ASINs, but this person would only focus on one. After 20 minutes of telling me how complicated this  problem was to investigate, he decided that this listing was flagged as being hazardous and said he as going to open a new case, thanked me for calling, that was it...

I've dug through threads on the Amazon forums and have found a wide range of supposed solutions ranging from "delete and relist the SKU" to "wait 10 days and it will sort itself out", along with everything in between. 

14 minutes ago, joch29 said:

I'm convinced the creating a case log is useless.  They are more concerned about closing the case to meet some metric than actually solving the problem.  

This is classic call center management 101.  I would not be surprised if there is also restriction on how much time can be put to each case

On 3/26/2017 at 9:32 PM, legolegolego2014 said:

For those that have sold polybags via FBA, do you just place the FBA label on the LEGO polybag? Or do you do something special/different. Any tips? 

This is an old questions but couldnt a seller just use the Barcodes on the Polybags to avoid using labels?

Sorry to keep filling up the thread, is there not an edit button anymore? Anyway, hopefully its helpful since others are experiencing: I did receive a follow up note from the customer service rep about an hour after I called yesterday saying that they were actually able to just turn the listing back on manually, no investigation into the "hazardous material" required after all. I was impressed that they kept working on it after I was off the phone. That still leaves 10 other SKUs stranded (not to mention the 2 sets that were checked in as different sets 🤷‍♂️) but at least the 1 is now active. I'm going to wait a bit now and see if it sorts itself out on its own, I'd rather not have to call about each SKU unless I have to...

2 hours ago, legorunner said:

Sorry to keep filling up the thread, is there not an edit button anymore? Anyway, hopefully its helpful since others are experiencing: I did receive a follow up note from the customer service rep about an hour after I called yesterday saying that they were actually able to just turn the listing back on manually, no investigation into the "hazardous material" required after all. I was impressed that they kept working on it after I was off the phone. That still leaves 10 other SKUs stranded (not to mention the 2 sets that were checked in as different sets 🤷‍♂️) but at least the 1 is now active. I'm going to wait a bit now and see if it sorts itself out on its own, I'd rather not have to call about each SKU unless I have to...

I had an issue with the edit button where it did nothing after Amazon reinstating a product. It was suppose to be a simple hit edit and "save and finish" but it took me back to the "submitting selling application stage".  After almost 2 month going in circles and CS telling me they either couldn't do anything on their end and quick closing of case logs, I reluctantly sent an email to jeff, more out of frustration.  Its been about 2 weeks and it magically is fixed without a word from Amazon.🤷‍♂️  It sure would be nice if they communicated how it was fixed to minimize the duplicate issues sellers are having. 

Just received this:

Dear seller,

We would like to inform you that, from October 18, 2020 to December 27, 2020, the USPS will be implementing a temporary commercial price increase. As a result, USPS rates on Buy Shipping will increase to coincide with this price increase. Please refer to the following announcement from the USPS website for information:
https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2020/0814-usps-announces-temporary-price-increase.htm

Regards,
Amazon Services 

Just received this:
Dear seller,We would like to inform you that, from October 18, 2020 to December 27, 2020, the USPS will be implementing a temporary commercial price increase. As a result, USPS rates on Buy Shipping will increase to coincide with this price increase. Please refer to the following announcement from the USPS website for information:https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2020/0814-usps-announces-temporary-price-increase.htmRegards,Amazon Services 

Yeah... I’d gladly pay $.40 more per package if they’d actually guarantee it will arrive with in their stated delivery window. Curious if this is for FBM or if they were only the first to report it to their market place? eBay is gearing up to shift away from USPS to UPS at the end of the month, so I’d wager they know something about this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/09/19/usps-ebay-mail-delays/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sent in a box that included 4 unique oversized sets back in early September. Checked in as 2 of 2 sets and 0 of 2 sets. I waited until reconciliation, and Amazon did the auto reconcile and, according to reconciliation, correctly adjusted it back to 1 of each; however, it's still 2 of 2 and 0 of 2 in my inventory a month later. Seller Support told me to just wait and eventually the missing 2 will become available when I called a couple of days ago. Anybody have experience with this to let me know what to expect moving forward?

19 minutes ago, legorunner said:

Sent in a box that included 4 unique oversized sets back in early September. Checked in as 2 of 2 sets and 0 of 2 sets. I waited until reconciliation, and Amazon did the auto reconcile and, according to reconciliation, correctly adjusted it back to 1 of each; however, it's still 2 of 2 and 0 of 2 in my inventory a month later. Seller Support told me to just wait and eventually the missing 2 will become available when I called a couple of days ago. Anybody have experience with this to let me know what to expect moving forward?

What does your inventory count say for those items  ? if it is correct then you are all set.