Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

5 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

the F in FBA doesn't only stand for Fulfilled.. There is more abuse on Amazon compared to other sites and even more so with FBA, but on the flip side the traffic and the $$ price range cant be matched anywhere else. it works , but don't let your frustration get the best of you . You have more control if you do FBM but it is more work and doesnt always make sense ( and you still can get scammed ) 

I don't know... Walmart has a good amount of abuse as well. I just recently had WM auto-refund the customer for a claim that they put in. The reason? "Lost after delivery". That's right... the package was delivered, delivery confirmation proves it. Yet, the customer received a refund from me because it was "lost after delivery". That's one that I don't think even Amazon sides with the customer on!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I don't know... Walmart has a good amount of abuse as well. I just recently had WM auto-refund the customer for a claim that they put in. The reason? "Lost after delivery". That's right... the package was delivered, delivery confirmation proves it. Yet, the customer received a refund from me because it was "lost after delivery". That's one that I don't think even Amazon sides with the customer on!

if you dont buy Shipping from Amazon, tracking isnt enough and customer will get refunded unless you have a signature. if you do get shipping from Amazon, buyer will ( to a certain number of times ) get refunded by Amazon if they open AZ and that will translate into higher fees so seller is still paying for it . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

if you dont buy Shipping from Amazon, tracking isnt enough and customer will get refunded unless you have a signature. if you do get shipping from Amazon, buyer will ( to a certain number of times ) get refunded by Amazon if they open AZ and that will translate into higher fees so seller is still paying for it . 

Good point. I always buy my FBM shipping from Amazon, but Walmart has no option for that so you always have to do 3rd party shipping purchase and label printing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

Amazon is the most broken corrupt system I have ever seen but what can we do? For the handful of cases that we bang our heads against the wall in frustration of the "Amazon System". What, go to eBay or Bricklink and get 1/3 of the less price? We are all F*$#ked and can't fight it.

Papa Bezos knows you are stuck using his platform because there is nothing better.  Eat the lost or move to other platforms.  He knows there are literally thousands of other 3PS lining up to take your place

• Like 1

Knock on wood, returns have been very light this holiday season. However today, one of my "unfulfillable" returned sets, a Star Wars set circa 2015 which I requested be returned to me - Arrived today, with no Amazon packaging - Just labels slapped on the outer LEGO box. I am not thrilled.

32 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Knock on wood, returns have been very light this holiday season. However today, one of my "unfulfillable" returned sets, a Star Wars set circa 2015 which I requested be returned to me - Arrived today, with no Amazon packaging - Just labels slapped on the outer LEGO box. I am not thrilled.

Agree.  Returns have been very light this year.

And I have received my returns like that too.  It may not be Amazon's fault, however.  I got negative feedback last year from a buyer who received my FBM set with just a label slapped on the box -- which of course is not how I shipped it.

26 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I am but a lowly serf in the Bezo's empire, but is there really no way to get my tax forms from Amazon unless I hit $20K in sales and 200+ transactions? What do those of you who fall under use?  

reports > payments .. you can get everything you need from there as far as sales, taxes, refund, fees, etc...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I am but a lowly serf in the Bezo's empire, but is there really no way to get my tax forms from Amazon unless I hit $20K in sales and 200+ transactions? What do those of you who fall under use?  

there is no tax form for you because amazon reported nothing to the government 

tax forms are just a copy of what amazon reported to the irs

of course you have to report and pay tax but you cannot expect  a form from amazon that doesn't exist

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

When did the FBA shipping email notifications getting lumped into batches ?

Not sure I understand what you mean. You get an email every time a FBA order ships? If that's what you're saying, I didn't even know you could do that, but wouldn't want to see it anyway. That would be way too many emails! But, I do get the email alerts when a FBM item sold and alerting me that I need to ship the item.

Not sure I understand what you mean. You get an email every time a FBA order ships? If that's what you're saying, I didn't even know you could do that, but wouldn't want to see it anyway. That would be way too many emails! But, I do get the email alerts when a FBM item sold and alerting me that I need to ship the item.

Yes, every time Amazon shipped an order on my behalf , they would send an email pertaining to that order. I just got an email for 15 different orders in one email, never seen that before. Even the header was different. 

11 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Yes, every time Amazon shipped an order on my behalf , they would send an email pertaining to that order. I just got an email for 15 different orders in one email, never seen that before. Even the header was different. 

Hmmm interesting. Sorry I can't help with your question, I didn't even know that was a thing. 

I am curious though, why do you like this? Just wondering what I may be missing? 

Hmmm interesting. Sorry I can't help with your question, I didn't even know that was a thing. 

I am curious though, why do you like this? Just wondering what I may be missing? 

Attached are two examples. The older version had the tracking number and carrier which makes it easier to respond to the rare customer inquiries . I don't really use them for any other purpose than that and - some instances while submitting cases to dispute a return- but I grew accustomed to receiving them after all these years. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 10.53.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 10.52.38 PM.png

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I've been getting them that way all season.  Mostly singles, but batches too.

Edited by gmpirate
  • Thanks 1