Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I had to take 31084 - Pirate Roller Coaster all the way down to $110 to get rid of the price alert - MADNESS!

I got kicked too. There are only two sellers now, both used/collectable sets. Dream castle got pulled completely.

Amazon is turning into skynet. We need Arnie. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, marcandre said:

I got kicked too. There are only two sellers now, both used/collectable sets. Dream castle got pulled completely.

Amazon is turning into skynet. We need Arnie. 

If Amazon does turn into Skynet, I feel very sorry for everyone named "Connor Johns"...the bots will definitely be sending the terminators after everyone with that name.

2 minutes ago, redcell said:

If Amazon does turn into Skynet, I feel very sorry for everyone named "Connor Johns"...the bots will definitely be sending the terminators after everyone with that name.

Based on what happened today, the bots will destroy everyone with the word Connor, Conner, Johnny, Johnathan anywhere in their names...  Oh and throw Edwards there for good measure

6 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Based on what happened today, the bots will destroy everyone with the word Connor, Conner, Johnny, Johnathan anywhere in their names...  Oh and throw Edwards there for good measure

And I think the message back when Conner Johnny sends a panicked email to Terminator Support asking them to call the Terminators off will be:

"Hello from Skynet Terminator Support.

Thank you for contacting Skynet.  I see you have a question asking us to call off the Terminator sent to kill you.  After further investigation, I see your name is Connor Johnny and that we have sent a Terminator to kill you.  We can confirm that we have sent the Terminator to kill you.

Due to the proprietary nature of our business, we are not able to provide any further information on this.

Were you satisfied with the support provided? "

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also, I have been getting these confirmation emails for closing those listings. I don't remember getting these sort of emails for closing other listings before.

As requested, your listings for the following items have been canceled:

LEGO-10723ArielJunior - LEGO Ariel's Dolphin Carriage Playset 10723 Your items no longer appear in the Amazon.com catalog and cannot be purchased. You can review the details of your canceled listings, including the price, condition, and seller comments for each individual listing, by visiting the Inventory section in your seller account. Your closed listings appear in the Inactive view of your current inventory.

19 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Amazon refunded one of my FBA orders and I didn't see an email or any sort of notification. Will I get notified of the reason once the item arrives back at an Amazon fulfillment center?

If it is customer return, you will see it on the FBA return page

Otherwise, you can go to your Reports to check for refund reasons.  It may take 48 hours to appear on the report

Up top go to: Reports -> Fulfillment
On the new page, on the left under Payments, click Reimbursements

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

If it is customer return, you will see it on the FBA return page

Otherwise, you can go to your Reports to check for refund reasons.  It may take 48 hours to appear on the report

Up top go to: Reports -> Fulfillment
On the new page, on the left under Payments, click Reimbursements

Thank you. Amazon sent the email with the reason for the refund "delivered late by the carrier." Since this was an FBA order, what do I need to do to ensure they refund me? Do I just wait until 45 days then pester them?

24 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Thank you. Amazon sent the email with the reason for the refund "delivered late by the carrier." Since this was an FBA order, what do I need to do to ensure they refund me? Do I just wait until 45 days then pester them?

The refund amount usually shows up within 3 weeks for me.  They would determine an arbitrary refund amount which is usually much less than what the item is worth.  I heard you can try to contact them afterwards to complaint about the amount, but I usually just let it go.  It is part of the F'd By Amazon experience

• Like 1

As usual, F'd By Amazon:

Hello,

Due to the severe winter storms impacting much of the US, we are experiencing a delay in receiving and processing customer returns. For some returned units, there will be a delay in either getting the inventory back to your account or reimbursing you for those items. You do not need to take any actions for the returns. 

If you have questions about the status of your customer returns, please review the reports accessible via the FBA inventory reimbursement policy. We hope you are staying safe and appreciate your patience as we work to process these returns. 

The Amazon Services team

The FBA stranded inventory boggie . . . four FNSKUs went to stranded after I shipped inventory into FBA. Initial  reason was "listing error." An hour later and the issue resolves on two of the listing, while the other two now show "inventory error." Neither unit has hit the warehouse yet. I've opened up a seller support case but no answer yet. I'm guessing that they need to refresh the listing? 

6 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

The FBA stranded inventory boggie . . . four FNSKUs went to stranded after I shipped inventory into FBA. Initial  reason was "listing error." An hour later and the issue resolves on two of the listing, while the other two now show "inventory error." Neither unit has hit the warehouse yet. I've opened up a seller support case but no answer yet. I'm guessing that they need to refresh the listing? 

In this case, i'd say you might be using the "head start" program where your inventory can be available for sale before it arrives?  That causes this glitch sometimes.  This also happens with pricing errors that haven't shown up on the pricing alert screen sometimes.  I have one right now that is stuck stranded for a "listing error" and they said it is stuck at a return center and will remain stranded until it transfers to a normal warehouse that can fulfill orders.  Your best bet is to edit the listing and change the price by a penny to see if it triggers something to fix it.  I have never had luck getting that "refresh stranded reason" to really work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

What’s everyone been using to track their sales?  I have been doing everything through a simple excel file. I was thinking of branching out to quick books but didn’t know if it was worth the price tag. Any other good alternatives?

Inventory lab 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

What’s everyone been using to track their sales?  I have been doing everything through a simple excel file. I was thinking of branching out to quick books but didn’t know if it was worth the price tag. Any other good alternatives?

What do you mean by "track their sales"?  That's a pretty broad question open to a lot of interpretation.

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

What do you mean by "track their sales"?  That's a pretty broad question open to a lot of interpretation.

Sorry, let me be more specific. I track my P&L for the year in excel. 

Figured start of the year I would look to see if there was anything better that people were using to keep their books organized.