Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

So I sent in 10 each of item X and Y for FBA, with Amazon set to label them. Apparently, Amazon mislabeled them - IE - They labeled TOY X as TOY Y, and TOY Y as TOY X.

People who ordered Toy X and Toy Y have of course, returned them all because they got sent the wrong item.

I have gotten refunded and items moved back to inventory as they are returned, but I have suspended the listings because they are clearly the wrong items/labels. Can I just reach out to Amazon Seller Support and have them relabel them and get the listings back up, or am I better off just having the items sent back to me and me sending them back in?

Will Amazon refurb me any of the costs since the mistake was on their end? Anyone deal with something similar before?

13 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Never heard of that issue.  But honestly, I'm never known anyone not to do their own labeling.  🤨

I've had that problem with shipments i've labeled and also had the same problem with shipments I didn't label.  If they decide a Spiderman figure is "Captain America" and receive it that way, they won't hesitate to print a FNSKU label and slap it right over top of your label.  No real way to avoid those kind of mistakes unless you want to only pack one UPC per box or shipment.

3 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

Jan is always pretty slow. Picks up in Feb once people start getting their tax returns. 

Down about 10% on the year so far.  Definitely a tad slow, but nothing catastrophic.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Good news. Amazon probably spent more on lawyers than the 90k they held from the seller. Tired of seeing them bully sellers. Sure they have scam sellers but too many innocent ones get caught up in their arcane bot operated rules. 

1 minute ago, marcandre said:

Good news. Amazon probably spent more on lawyers than the 90k they held from the seller. Tired of seeing them bully sellers. Sure they have scam sellers but too many innocent ones get caught up in their arcane bot operated rules. 

Interesting.. I wonder how long its gona take Amazon to write up a new TOS for it to swing their way again.

You see in the forums all the time how Amazon is holding this much $$$$ from me

13 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Not seen this before and wondering how this happens;  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075RFBKNV

USA General Mercantile has this at $105.18 AND $109.99.  Other than not knowing how to set a good price on a LEGO set, how do they do this?

You do it by creating different MSKU in your inventory for the same ASIN. But, per the T&C, you are only allowed to have one MSKU per fulfillment method. So, you can't have the same item listed twice for FBA at the same time, but you could have one for FBA and one for FBM at the same time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skinsfan0521 said:

You do it by creating different MSKU in your inventory for the same ASIN. But, per the T&C, you are only allowed to have one MSKU per fulfillment method. So, you can't have the same item listed twice for FBA at the same time, but you could have one for FBA and one for FBM at the same time.

So, just thinking 'out-loud' here;  could this mean they have an FBA and an FBM MSKU and they also qualify for Prime with their FBM?

4 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

So, just thinking 'out-loud' here;  could this mean they have an FBA and an FBM MSKU and they also qualify for Prime with their FBM?

I didn't look at the listing or the merchant that you asked about, but if their FBM listing was seller fulfilled prime, it wouldn't say that it was fulfilled by amazon. It would say something like "sold and shipped by xxxx".

1 hour ago, Loghamel said:

They could have accidently created a second MSKU and have 2 FBA listings.  I don't think the system automatically removes the 2nd one right away.  I know I did it by accident once a few years ago and I think it stayed up for a while.

19 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Are these different than the inquiries in the past?

The only thing that is different this time around is that Amazon has a new interface for submitting the information...it doesn't let you submit anything if you don't have both a testing report and the CPC.

• Like 1

Thinking about labeling on my own for the first time instead of paying AMZ 30 cents for each label as my inventory is the largest its ever been and my system is evolving. I've done a little reseach and it seems both using Avery labels or a thermal printer such as the Dymo 450 are both good options. The avery labels seem a little simpler/cheaper as I mostly have larger sets and not a million small ones so I wouldnt need a ton of labels. I am a little concerned though that the avery labels are too strong and may not be removable by the consumer which may annoy the collectors.

Can anyone point out pro/con of either approach? TIA

Also, does FBA require a specific size for the labels or would these work fine:

https://www.amazon.com/Address-Shipping-Barcode-Compatible-LabelWriter/dp/B00VE6L134/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=dymo+labels&qid=1611714849&sr=8-14

https://www.amazon.com/Avery-Address-Labels-Laser-Printers/dp/B00006B8FZ

13 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Thinking about labeling on my own for the first time instead of paying AMZ 30 cents for each label as my inventory is the largest its ever been and my system is evolving. I've done a little reseach and it seems both using Avery labels or a thermal printer such as the Dymo 450 are both good options. The avery labels seem a little simpler/cheaper as I mostly have larger sets and not a million small ones so I wouldnt need a ton of labels. I am a little concerned though that the avery labels are too strong and may not be removable by the consumer which may annoy the collectors.

Can anyone point out pro/con of either approach? TIA

Also, does FBA require a specific size for the labels or would these work fine:

https://www.amazon.com/Address-Shipping-Barcode-Compatible-LabelWriter/dp/B00VE6L134/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=dymo+labels&qid=1611714849&sr=8-14

https://www.amazon.com/Avery-Address-Labels-Laser-Printers/dp/B00006B8FZ

The easiest way that I've found to do this is using a Rollo with Inventorylab...it makes the whole stickering process super easy.  That being said, I threw in the towel on the whole exercise towards the end of 2020.  Paying $0.30 per unit for stickering sucks, but I found that the time and effort required for me to sticker every one of those units sucks way more. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, redcell said:

The easiest way that I've found to do this is using a Rollo with Inventorylab...it makes the whole stickering process super easy.  That being said, I threw in the towel on the whole exercise towards the end of 2020.  Paying $0.30 per unit for stickering sucks, but I found that the time and effort required for me to sticker every one of those units sucks way more. 

I used a Dymo 450 Turbo for the item labels through InventoryLab and it's pretty easy. It does take time, but I find that it also helps me verify my counts when sending in shipments. I print out x number of labels and each of those needs to be put on an item. That way I can be 100% sure that what I said I sent is actually what I'm sending. At some point I may switch to paying them, but I was able to save a couple thousand dollars by labeling myself just in the 4th qtr so its worth it to me for the time being.