Let's get proactive about LEGO scams on eBay.

StarPod

Account probably hacked, maybe sold, no point in emailing the seller thru eBay as the hacker, if any good, has already changed the contact email to his address. Report the listing (or at least one of them) to eBay instead. A rash of reports should gain some attention.

Let this be a reminder to all of us to run our virus/spyware regularly. eBay, like all big sites, is a target for key loggers and all their nefarious intentions.

I contacted the actual seller whose name is being used there, not the scammer.

Funny how some people actually think they'll get anything.

I contacted the actual seller whose name is being used there, not the scammer.

Funny how some people actually think they'll get anything.

Ah, gotcha. Yes, he may want to report to eBay too, and that will hopefully get it noticed faster.

If by funny you mean dumb as a box of rocks, I am right there with you.

• Like 1

So look at what he has listed since then:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/innerfireengine/m.html?item=281207731935&pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item41794976df&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

So weird.2TB external drive for 40$ - scam

Mac student 2011 for $40 - scam

But then a workout DVD for $40? Thats a scam in the opposite direction. Lol

Yep a hacker is not going to bother listing other items. Why charge $70 when they would sell for $200? Going to be interesting for sure. The only other possibility I see is drop ship but again why not $200? Could be an angry spouse selling the collection lol.

This is going to be worth it just for the entertainment value until BF rolls around.

Hoping no one got hurt from this.

If the seller was hacked, he'll have a bit of a mess to clean up - getting his computer system scrubbed, jumping through some hoops to convince eBay he's legit again, etc.

Anyone who fell for it will get their money back from PayPal.

PayPal may or may not be out some money depending on their own internal stop losses and safety blocks, which has the possibility (if PayPal loses more than they've budgeted for over time) to ultimately trickle down to the rest of us in terms of higher fees.

If the seller was hacked, he'll have a bit of a mess to clean up - getting his computer system scrubbed, jumping through some hoops to convince eBay he's legit again, etc.

Anyone who fell for it will get their money back from PayPal.

PayPal may or may not be out some money depending on their own internal stop losses and safety blocks, which has the possibility (if PayPal loses more than they've budgeted for over time) to ultimately trickle down to the rest of us in terms of higher fees.

Why I bought but didn't pay.

The seller has more than that to clean up - it may have nothing to do with his computer. If you use the same password for everything, only one thing needs to be hacked.

People will do it low security sites. Hack it, match email addresses, then try the username on Ebay with the password. It really isn't hard to do honestly. Surprised it doesn't happen more.