Let's get proactive about LEGO scams on eBay.

StarPod

Guest TabbyBoy

Looks like a compromised eBay account, I messaged him also.

Still at $69.99 at my end.

For all we know, he could be a liquidator quickly raising funds by clearing out a bankrupt store or toy shop.  Perhaps we've missed out on the bargain of the century.

If this account is hacked, once you buy the hacker will know your name, address, and Paypal account as well.  Those are not things you want to share with a hacker.  This is the real reason why I hesitate to buy.

I know the site typically doesn't +1s, but I can't agree with this more. 

Darth Raichu hit the nail on the head - don't give away personal information to a CLEAR scammer!

What's this all about...some guy hacks the account, collects the paypal payments, and hopes people don't file a case to get the money back?  Or is this about getting our personal info?

Doesn't anyone who accepts Paypal get this information anyhow?? If this was something to be ultra concerned about, scammers would sell legitimate stuff, ship out, and then steal your information anyway.

• Like 1

I am curious...the OP link appears to have the affiliate ID attached. Let's say 40 were ordered through the link. When these charges get reversed by ebay I assume the money earned on the referrals is also taken away?

And does ebay punish referrals that link to scams that drive up the sales, which cost them and paypal money to reverse and un-process?

Account probably hacked, maybe sold, no point in emailing the seller thru eBay as the hacker, if any good, has already changed the contact email to his address. Report the listing (or at least one of them) to eBay instead. A rash of reports should gain some attention.

Let this be a reminder to all of us to run our virus/spyware regularly. eBay, like all big sites, is a target for key loggers and all their nefarious intentions.

Does not fit the profile of a hacked account or dropship scam. Still selling other legitimate items and still giving and receiving feedback so that rules out a hacked account. Could be dropship but the price is far too low. My guess is a firesale. Ordered my boatload. The fine shareholders of ebay / paypal have my back.