Let's get proactive about LEGO scams on eBay.

StarPod

I bought an invisible pen, with a small blacklight. I put my initials on the box or tag or whatever, which only shows up with the light. Best three dollar investment ever. Recently had a buyer tell me I sent her navy shorts, not black. ( underarmour). I apologized and told her to send it back and I would refund all monies, including return postage. " and oh, by the way, my initials, first middle and last name were on the tag." All of a sudden, she wanted to keep the navy shorts I had sent her

That's awesome! I love it!!! :)

I bought an invisible pen, with a small blacklight. I put my initials on the box or tag or whatever, which only shows up with the light. Best three dollar investment ever. Recently had a buyer tell me I sent her navy shorts, not black. ( underarmour). I apologized and told her to send it back and I would refund all monies, including return postage. " and oh, by the way, my initials, first middle and last name were on the tag." All of a sudden, she wanted to keep the navy shorts I had sent her

Lol nice. How could we do this for lego? Lol

Guest TabbyBoy

I've just had my first "problem" in a while.  I posted a set to a buyer using ParcelForce 48 (tracked) and buyer emailed me to say that item was not received.  I then contacted ParcelForce who emailed me the signature upon delivery which more or less matches the one that eBay have on their records for this buyer.  I've opened a case rather than issue a refund so that eBay to investigate on my behalf.  If the loss is genuine, the buyer will be reimbursed by eBay and they will then claim off ParcelForce.  I've seen instances of when postmen forge signatures on their electronic thingy and then "steal" the parcel.  Just shaking the box shows that it's Lego and has value.  I'm not sure who to blame in this instance but, I hope to hear back soon.  eBay say that I've completed my part of the contract and any negative feedback will be removed. To be safe, I've already blocked this buyer from future purchases until I hear back.

I can't stress enough how important it is to track parcels as you have no recourse otherwise.

Crooks type among us so, cover your arses.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm thinking about using Amazon Italy to dropship large sets to UK buyers for me so save me physically handling the sets and just act as middleman.  For Example, I'll list say, 3 Tower Bridges on eBay for

Drop shipping by itself isn't a scam - it's a perfectly legitimate way to sell merchandise. When sellers use a stolen CC to drop ship, you have an illegal transaction. Since it's your CC, there's no issue. A friend of mine makes a ton of money eBay drop shipping. He sells mostly trailers and farm equipment, but has NO inventory because he drop ships everything. Totally legitimate business.

The only bad thing about it - and maybe they aren't including it - but there are a lot of buyers who get pissed off if they see a bill inside it where you bought it at Amazon and had it sent straight to the buyer.  Thats the one thing that keeps me from doing it more.

Bet that low inventory is good for taxes.

Basically what DNIM said - you will get occasional buyers who may leave you negs/neutrals (which eBay won't remove in this case since it's factual) when they receive that Amazon box with the Amazon gift packing slip.

Not all of them will care, by any means, but some will.

It's also possible that Amazon will sell out of something and you won't realize quick enough to stop some eBay sales on things you can't find and ship at that price - even if you refund in full, buyers sometimes will be mad enough to leave you a negative or neutral, plus if they don't accept your cancellation request (they don't have to), you don't get your eBay fees back even after refunding.

I have no personal problem with the kind of legitimate drop shipping you're considering, but there are enough risks that I wouldn't want to do it myself.

Ebay keeps signatures on file.....?  News to me.

What would initialing things prove?  Sounds silly to me.  What  is your recourse?  Calling ebay and saying "see---I knew I sent her black...she returned blue and my invisible initials aren't on the tag anymore"   They will call you a fool and hang up on you.

Stock photos are encouraged, and I use other sellers real images instead of stock often times.  

Some tall tales on eBay selling here today.

Ebay keeps signatures on file.....?  News to me.

What would initialing things prove?  Sounds silly to me.  What  is your recourse?  Calling ebay and saying "see---I knew I sent her black...she returned blue and my invisible initials aren't on the tag anymore"   They will call you a fool and hang up on you.

Stock photos are encouraged, and I use other sellers real images instead of stock often times.  

Some tall tales on eBay selling here today.

Initialing or signature is just an added precaution. In this case, it worked and i did not even have to call ebay. Even if I did, so what? They can call me whatever they want.

Did you buy any? Kind of an odd number for a typo.

I agree - I think it could have been 369.99? I bought some, but havent paid. I will wait it out for an invoice to see.

His original auction had like 35.

I have never seen anything like that... expect sort've that minecraft thing yesterday. A guy posted all three minecraft series for 25$ each. I bought 15 from him I think? I messaged him and he said it was right so I paid. lol

Definite scam OR hacked account. His description:

TheBrickDude auction you're looking at is for:

NEW LEGO 10188 DEATH STAR SET

thebrickdude is another ebay seller that sells LEGO and starts all his descriptions that way.

Ah yeah I remember something like that before. Thats really weird.

If hacked, it had to have been like just now  - he has tons of other auctions going. You would think someone with a store would notice REALLY quick.

I have no clue what to think of Ebay these days...........

Heh - very true. Parts of it are straight up craigslist, scams no one can figure out. Weird all around.

So, he listed another auction after this for an SD card. 32GB for 9.99. Thats also a pretty sweet price. If hacked, why something so cheap? I would be listing Plasma TVs!

The sd card is something more like what this guy sells though. This is super weird.

Definite scam OR hacked account. His description:

TheBrickDude auction you're looking at is for:

NEW LEGO 10188 DEATH STAR SET

thebrickdude is another ebay seller that sells LEGO and starts all his descriptions that way.

Here is the TheBrickDude's listing for the same item...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LEGO-DEATH-STAR-SET-10188-sealed-in-box-nisb-nib-star-wars-/330900035612?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item4d0b2dd81c

I'm staying as far away from the $69.99 listing as possible.  This is no doubt a scam - the shipping costs alone are nearly the price of the entire listing.