Let's get proactive about LEGO scams on eBay.

StarPod

About a week ago I ordered 4 tower bridges off of eBay from a top rated seller for 220 each. The seller is a top rated seller with over 200 Feedback The day after the seller notified me that he was out of stock on tower bridges. However he willl make things right Last night I went to the mall to pick up some cafe friends sets at my local Lego store When I returned home. There sat 15 Lego sets. FedEx droppe off 5 ssd 5 Death Star and 5 tower bridge. All shipped from Walmart with stolen credit cards. 2 town hall were not even packed. They slapped at tracking label right on the Lego box Now the question is. What do I do. Who do I contact. How do I cover my ass.

The boxes were in perfect condition. With the exception of 2 town halls being shipped in the actual Lego box. It wasn't in packaged. Just send as a Lego with a label slapped on And yes. All free an I'm like panicking because my name and address is on it so it looks I stole it. One of the stolen credit cards was a lady who lives 3 towns over from mine.

Sorry but I doubt you will...... Someone selling 10 at under $100 USD (half the original retail) with zero feedback throws up about a hundred red flags for me. It's pushing 10x that on the market at the moment.

Sorry mate.....

I'm not expecting him to ship for those same reasons, nevertheless, as I stated, I'm taking the chance since Paypal will cover me.

I think its hilarious that people ( knowing its a scam) will buy stuff like this, not in this case but I think that people know about drop shippers but order anyway because hey its cheap and hey its not my credit card info. Those people should be accessories to the crime. I am not talking about the original poster here just a thought and it related because this is a scam....not a drop shipper but some type of scam.

Even if PayPal covers it, if the seller empties his account, your out the money right?

Seems like a big risk to me.

Paypal still has access to your account if you have not closed it(as the seller), which I assume this person will do once they "sell" their product. If you are sitting on zero funds(the seller), and someone wants their money back, paypal will pull it out of your account. If you have closed the account, paypal has to pay you(the buyer) directly. The seller is screwing someone at all times.

As for making the "purchase", knowing that this is as real as a $3 bill, if it hadn't been me it would've been someone else as this guy got the 10 items out in less than 4 hours. I'm pretty sure that unless one of the bidders is really naive, nobody is expecting to receive the item. Not for that price, not for the free shipping, not for the item itself. I also am certain that nobody would've placed their offers if not for Paypal's Buyer Protection. So basically, I feel that everyone was knowingly diving head in for a scam. If I have to be involved in a scam as a victim I'd rather be on board willingly than to find out about it at the last minute. This is no loophole in eBay's policy that I am taking advantage of, it's me making a purchase with a seller that will more than certainly not honor his end of the transaction, and that, my dear investor colleagues, is covered under the site's policies. For some it might be in dark ethic grounds, for me it's taking a chance with a slim to none probability of being fulfilled. Would be funny if the seller sends all of us some Eiffel Tower Nano Blocks xD

This has never happened to me, but I always wonder, what if you were selling an expensive Lego set (say a $500+ set) that you bought from an ebay seller years ago, that was sealed when you bought it and still is sealed now, and then when selling it and shipping it to the seller who just purchased it, the seller sends you a message saying he/she opened it upon arrive and the contents in the box where from a diffferent, way less valuable set. How would you prove them that you did nothing wrong? How would you win this case against ebay? What if the contents were accurate, but the seller took them out and is claiming they weren't accurate by taking photos of a different set of bags he/she put in place of the contents. Just something I think about that is very scary. It has never happened to me and I hope this never does, but this is definitely a risk that you take when investing in sets. What is everyone's opinion on this type of scam?