Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

I really enjoyed the new "The Suicide Squad". I'm curious to hear your thoughts? That was a fun, silly, fun film.

I agree. I thought it was stupid fun and that made it great. John Cena was great, so was Stallone as the voice of the shark. Suicide Squad is basically keeping DC alive at this point. I’d like to continue to see it evolve and the roster of villains is pretty deep so I’m sure a lot of cameos are possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Wife and I forced ourselves to watch suicide squad last night. As mentioned by others, it's stupid, gory, dumb and fun. It's just entertainment. No reason to read more into it. I enjoyed it. I thought it was the best dceu movie so far. I know, that isn't saying much...

Edited by KvHulk
  • Like 3

On 8/7/2021 at 11:39 AM, Mark Twain said:

I agree. I thought it was stupid fun and that made it great. John Cena was great, so was Stallone as the voice of the shark. Suicide Squad is basically keeping DC alive at this point. I’d like to continue to see it evolve and the roster of villains is pretty deep so I’m sure a lot of cameos are possible.

On 8/10/2021 at 7:36 AM, KvHulk said:

Wife and I forced ourselves to watch suicide squad last night. As mentioned by others, it's stupid, gory, dumb and fun. It's just entertainment. No reason to read more into it. I enjoyed it. I thought it was the best dceu movie so far. I know, that isn't saying much...

My 9 year old and I have watched it a few times now.  Just fun.  Yes, gore.  Yes, blood.  Yes a ton of cuss words.  But they all chew it up, play into what it is, and it's just a good time.  I really enjoyed the variety of characters.  King Shark was definitely a favorite.

I hope James Gunn stays on to do a few more of these.

18 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

just binged Click Bait on Netflix

pretty good...just picked it cuz it was top 3 on Netflix

other than the annoying wannabe Kill Bill Uma hair style...a modern day thriller w/ current issues borrowing some tried and true plot lines. 

I added this to my list...definitely will check it out. This same method is how I chose Lupin...one episode in and I was hooked. Great heist show. The somewhat regular focus on Lupin's Nike Air Jordan Ones is a bit over the top, but they are cool shoes, lol. Wonder how much Nike paid for that.

Edited by minicoopers11

1 hour ago, minicoopers11 said:

I added this to my list...definitely will check it out. This same method is how I chose Lupin...one episode in and I was hooked. Great heist show. The somewhat regular focus on Lupin's Nike Air Jordan Ones is a bit over the top, but they are cool shoes, lol. Wonder how much Nike paid for that.

I also enjoyed Lupin, I wasn't so sure about the english dub at first and sometimes it's clunky, I found it fun to occasionally switch to the original dialogue to hear the original actors. Funny you mention the shoes... I have no memory of that (not a Jordans guy so they just read as sneakers to me)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 7:00 AM, minicoopers11 said:

the role social media is playing in the Gabby Petito case is eerily similar to Clickbait.

24 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

the role social media is playing in the Gabby Petito case is eerily similar to Clickbait.

I thought of the movie "The Circle".  Not necessarily a great movie, but the premise of people using social media to track someone down is similar.  If people start going live while tracking the guy via twitch or youtube, then we're there.

3 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Breaking news!!!! Super Mario animated movie coming Dec 21, 2022

Chris Pratt as Mario

Jack Black as Bowser

Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong

Source: Nintendo Direct

I dunno about Chris Pratt as Mario. I mean, anyone can do a Mario voice, so maybe it'll be fine but if it's not the stereotypical Italian spicy meatball voice then it's not actually Mario and Chris Pratt sounds like... Chris Pratt - Emmet from the Lego Movie, literally the most regular lego guy.

This is correct:

image.png.c056f0f81acec5ff1d742b2ce1831f70.png

14 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

I dunno about Chris Pratt as Mario. I mean, anyone can do a Mario voice, so maybe it'll be fine but if it's not the stereotypical Italian spicy meatball voice then it's not actually Mario and Chris Pratt sounds like... Chris Pratt - Emmet from the Lego Movie, literally the most regular lego guy.

Danny Devito? Oh please, my first choice would have been Al Pacino. If he were Mario, Bowser would not have a second chance to mess with Peach.  :vinsent:

Imagine Mario saying "Say hello to my little friends" and then hundreds of Toads & Toadettes come up and just overwhelm Bowser :D:D