Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

• 2 weeks later...

In 1974 there was an animated TV special commissioned by ABC intending to be a series pilot based on the ever wacky Mad Magazine. It never aired but thanks to the internet, this odd piece of history can be enjoyed in all its crispy almost "super 8" quality. There's a variety of sketches ranging from an interview with auto manufacturer of the year Edsel Lemon to The Oddfather.

4 hours ago, MrToes16 said:

YESSSS!!!!

As if the great animation using a pleasing palette of colors, rather faithful character designs, mega heavy action, Adam into He-Man's 'Sailor Moon-esque' transformation sequence, and Orko doing some actual badassery instead of buffoonery was not enough, they had to add Bonnie Tyler's "I Need A Hero" on top of this 80's nostalgia cake.

Take all my motherflippin' money!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

On 1 hand this looks cool, but on the other hand I do not know if I like the hyper-realistic looking Voltes mech.  Part of the charm of the old mecha shows were the drawing styles.

I hope they keep the story intact.  Outside Gundam, Voltes had the better storyline out of the late 70s mecha shows

Original opening song:

16 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Another not bad for free show on Apple TV. I don’t usually like first person narrative, but either they are phasing it out or I am getting used to it. 

This is on the list for the wife and I like most of the content I've seen so far on my free trial and will likely keep subscribing for $5. Been trying to dig into Lisey's Story after watching King's HBO version of The Outsider and cannot believe that Julianne Moore is 60!