Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

On 1/6/2022 at 9:55 AM, BricksBrotha said:

I can certainly see where he is coming from.  Season 1 was all about developing characters, finding purpose and forming relationships.  Great scenery, lots of action, easy to enjoy.

Season 2 has more struggles with the established characters and ends on a brutal cliff hanger. Since its mostly based on the book 'Blood of Elves' the story line also pivots to include the elves struggle as well. And the elves played a very little role in Season 1, so kind of a big switch.   

I did read some people's complaint was Season 2 focused too much on setting up season 3 and not enough vision for the story at present.

I personally enjoyed it from the very beginning of Episode 1.

Also, the time spent at the 'Witcher's Keep', Kaer Morhen , without giving away too many spoilers,  we get to learn a lot more about the Witcher history.

Season 3 is rumored to be mostly based on the more popular of the books, Time of Contempt.  Also suppose to reveal more about the 'Wild Hunt'.  Sign me up. 

It sounds like they are fantastic reads, I am looking forward to starting the series. 

Another possibility was your friend was disappointed not seeing Yennifer nude, unlike in season 1. In which case, I can also understand✌️😉 

But saying Season 2 was awful would be slightly over dramatic. 

i watched the first episode last night. forgot it was out already TBH.

so yeah, if you liked the first season, it seems to be more of the same. suppose we'll see how the next several episodes play out. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started watching this with my wife this week while waiting for the 2nd half of season finale of Ozark (season 4 part 2).

Although Inventing Anna is mediocre at best, I am becoming quite fond of Julia Garner and her skill set.  Not the most attractive (for Hollywood standards), but has the ability to draw you in.  I was blown away by one of her last scenes in Ozark s4.e7.

'If you wanna stop me, your gunna have to have to F*CKING KILLLLL MEEEEEEE' (1:30)

Edited by BricksBrotha
added quote
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Started watching this with my wife this week while waiting for the 2nd half of season finale of Ozark (season 4 part 2).

Although Inventing Anna is mediocre at best, I am becoming quite fond of Julia Garner and her skill set.  Not the most attractive (for Hollywood standards), but has the ability to draw you in.  I was blown away by one of her last scenes in Ozark s4.e7.

'If you wanna stop me, your gunna have to have to F*CKING KILLLLL MEEEEEEE' (1:30)

AMAZING performance in Ozark

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Its ok if you find her attractive, I was just commenting on how its nice to see someone be successful outside of the traditional Hollywood mold. 

It's just an irrelevant thing to mention if she's talented, especially if you're going to white knight it in the complaint thread.

Edited by fuzzy_bricks
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

It's just an irrelevant thing to mention if she's talented, especially if you're going to white knight it the complaint thread.

7 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Next Level ;) 

Are you going to sit there and honestly say attractiveness is irrelevant in hollywood? Then you both live under a bigger rock than me✌️:lol:

Are you going to sit there and honestly say attractiveness is irrelevant in hollywood? Then you both live under a bigger rock than me
I think they are just pointing out the hypocrisy in your comments. In one thread you bash another user for making "rape jokes". Then in this one you objectify a woman based off her appearance. Better work a little harder on keeping your stories straight.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

wow, BP is sure filled with Masterbat...I mean master debaters.

23 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Not the most attractive (for Hollywood standards), but has the ability to draw you in. 

See what I said above? By hollywood standards, shes not the most attractive.  Go ahead and try to equate that to sexual assault jokes all you want. 

61pVm07z10L._AC_SX425_.jpg

19 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

I think they are just pointing out the hypocrisy in your comments. In one thread you bash another user for making "rape jokes". Then in this one you objectify a woman based off her appearance. Better work a little harder on keeping your stories straight.

Thank you shortbus for the advice.  I will make sure I continue to avoid making sexual assault jokes while commenting on the observable universe. 

Edited by BricksBrotha

38 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Ozark is really great tv, and so is Ruth. I find it funny how they are super accurate with factual stuff for the area, yet totally botch some other stuff that is easily research-able.

I had to rewind it at one point;  **Spoiler alert**  when they arrest Navarro at a "private airfield in Polk County".  I was born and raised on a farm across the road from the only airfield in Polk County, MO and it doesn't look anything like what is in the show.  And there aren't any private ones that could handle a private jet.  But they are spot-on in most parts.  I worked for a summer at Osage Beach and the show's portrayal of the locals is pretty good.

• Like 1

After 7 years and my refusal to give Disney any more of my money, I finally watched season 1 of Daredevil.  The show was brutal.  Not just the fight choreography but also the plotline and the treatment of all characters.  At the end of season 1 all characters were scarred by the flow of events.  Each character had distinct personality and sets of principles that drive the character, even the bad guys.  I understand why a lot of people love this Kingpin.  Top notch writing all around.

This was also the most Catholic show I have ever seen produced by Hollywood.  It went beyond the typical tropes, like using confession scenes for cheap exposition dump or shoot out in a church.  The wise priest provided Matt with counsel rooted in actual Catholic teachings. He was a real and nuanced father figure (pun intended).  It was rather refreshing to hear and see consistent and somewhat complex discussions on morality and philosophy in the center of this series.  It was not the typical "I don't know", or " make everything up as we go", or "fade out before going too deep to discussion of morality or human nature" tropes prevalent in modern TV shows. 

My only minor gripe was Karen obviously had more chemistry with Foggy but the show did not want to go that route.

On to season 2 :P

• Like 2