21050 - Architecture Studio

TheOrcKing

I sold mine. At the end of the day, Quacs made the decision for me.

I said that if I sold it and it reached $700 in 2 years I would be sad.

Quacs said, "If you get 400 for it now, you aren't sure you could turn that $400 into $700 another way in 2 years?". 

And hes right - I will (hopefully) and I don't have to worry about it coming back now.

If I had 50, I think I would sell all 50.

• Like 1

I sold mine. At the end of the day, Quacs made the decision for me.

I said that if I sold it and it reached $700 in 2 years I would be sad.

Quacs said, "If you get 400 for it now, you aren't sure you could turn that $400 into $700 another way in 2 years?". 

And hes right - I will (hopefully) and I don't have to worry about it coming back now.

If I had 50, I think I would sell all 50.

You are a quaility Brickpicker Sir!  Thank you.

I personally have no idea why would anyone wanted to buy this for 700 any time from now. But in november I thought the same about 400 price. Yet here we are...

I'll wait couple of months, unload two, and keep 1 until christmas

Yep, agreed....you never know what in ppl minds...like now ugly USA olympic team sweater selling on eBay for more than 1000...btw MSRP 598.00

2x my sold for 375.00 + shipping...went to EU

I think there is about a two week time frame to unload their stock at above $250. After march 6th, it's going to drop down to $149. There are a lot of misinformed people out there willing to buy so if you can capitalized on those people, do it real quick. Timing is everything. If you have 10, dump them all at anywhere over $250, you can buy all ten back at $150 easily. That's my take. I sold off 3 today at $275 without blinking. Now I got none and happy to load up again next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Only thing to worry about is returns. If people encounter it being back at $150, they will be mad. but hopefully it will go and stay sold out.

If big boys get it re-stocked and lego has it in stores and online, it might be hard to get to sold out state. I can only hope that the book has somewhat of a limited run, though who knows what kind of contract they got this time
  • Like 1

Only thing to worry about is returns. If people encounter it being back at $150, they will be mad. but hopefully it will go and stay sold out.

I don't sell on eBay often but if a person buys at $278 now with free shipping, that's what I see, wouldn't the buyer be responsible for paying and has no rights to complain? At this point, it's going back to $150 for sure. Barnes and Noble hasn't even started their run yet. With those 15% discount coupons, I think we are sure to get it under $140 a piece with the discounts. I will wait. I bought just one today at $150 with the movie minifigure the minute I saw it posted. I won't dip in so soon as I feel confident that we shall see $150. Don't be surprised it Walmart pulled up a crate too. I got my $40 GC that I will use on the AS and bring it down to $110.

I don't sell on eBay often but if a person buys at $278 now with free shipping, that's what I see, wouldn't the buyer be responsible for paying and has no rights to complain? At this point, it's going back to $150 for sure. Barnes and Noble hasn't even started their run yet. With those 15% discount coupons, I think we are sure to get it under $140 a piece with the discounts. I will wait. I bought just one today at $150 with the movie minifigure the minute I saw it posted. I won't dip in so soon as I feel confident that we shall see $150. Don't be surprised it Walmart pulled up a crate too. I got my $40 GC that I will use on the AS and bring it down to $110.

All of the bn coupons, except kids club, have architecture studio in exclusion list

All of the bn coupons, except kids club, have architecture studio in exclusion list

If that's the case, I'll hold out for a Walmart batch to use my GC. I'm in no rush to dispose of my GC. Worse case, I'll just use it on some dolphin cruisers when they're back. The AS is now going for $270 shipped on eBay. $285 on amazon shipped. There isn't much time to offload these. If target dumps another 100-200 in the next week or so, the price of AS can see $180 shipped. Like I said a few posts earlier, time is against those who have more than 10 sets.

It's too bad BN doesn't accept the promo cards. I think the best deal now is to buy on lego.com, sell the mini fig for $15, and use the VIP points. Should come out to around $125-$130.

I really believe that the action that we're seeing on this set is a sad glimpse into the future of Lego investing. All I keep reading in different forums is people complaining that the price is going too low on EBay. Well you all have created this with unwarranted panic buying/selling. Don't just jump on the bandwagon because it looks like a neat ride. DO THE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU PULL THE TRIGGER! Past performance is not always an accurate gauge for future expectations.

The good thing that will come out of all of this is that we will really start to see some "investors" (most likely flippers) go away. I'm not sure how anyone can feel satisfied in making a MAXIMUM of $20-25 each flip on this set. And for those of you who need to "feed their family" off of Lego flipping, you better start stocking up on Top Ramen and Mac-******-Cheese, because at this rate, that's all you'll be able to afford.

And for those of you that are buying and holding, keep it up. Weather the "new investor" storm, and we will continue to come out money ahead and provide a good ethical avenue for future Lego maniacs to find those retired hard to find sets. Because a lot of the ethics in this hobby/job are being compromised every day by people who feel entitled to a good Lego deal. Thanks a lot USA Today!!!!

• Like 1

The more recent part of this thread has had me confused when talking about the BN coupons. I know AS has been on the exclusion list for a while now. Maybe a veteran could explain how they were able to get the discount?

How do the actions of TLG regarding AS match up to their actions with the FB?

In other words, were both listed as Hard to Find, and unable to buy on Lego.com for awhile?

I just wonder if the we're seeing people expecting a similar outcome to the FB with the AS.  FB was hard to find, sold out on Lego.com, and then went retired. I wonder if people were expecting to see that happen with the AS, and so they jumped on the few AS's that became available over the last week.

And on a separate note, I noticed locally someone on Craigslist trying to offload their AS for $250, citing that it's hard to find, not available, etc.

I really believe that the action that we're seeing on this set is a sad glimpse into the future of Lego investing. All I keep reading in different forums is people complaining that the price is going too low on EBay. Well you all have created this with unwarranted panic buying/selling. Don't just jump on the bandwagon because it looks like a neat ride. DO THE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU PULL THE TRIGGER! Past performance is not always an accurate gauge for future expectations.

The good thing that will come out of all of this is that we will really start to see some "investors" (most likely flippers) go away. I'm not sure how anyone can feel satisfied in making a MAXIMUM of $20-25 each flip on this set. And for those of you who need to "feed their family" off of Lego flipping, you better start stocking up on Top Ramen and Mac-******-Cheese, because at this rate, that's all you'll be able to afford.

And for those of you that are buying and holding, keep it up. Weather the "new investor" storm, and we will continue to come out money ahead and provide a good ethical avenue for future Lego maniacs to find those retired hard to find sets. Because a lot of the ethics in this hobby/job are being compromised every day by people who feel entitled to a good Lego deal. Thanks a lot USA Today!!!!

Totally Wrong! Lego making more of the set has lowered prices simple supply and demand. So stop bashing immoral and unethical "flippers" because the price of your investment has dropped some.These flippers are just Lego suppliers retail sellers not investors to each their own..It is a free market and people can price their items however they want making whatever profit they feel is sufficient. If I undercut you by 10 dollars and sell x more units I make more money.Some people can even sell some at items at a loss and still gain because market share loyalty and additional purchases. If you are holding long term what do you care about people selling the set cheaper on ebay now or the current ebay price. Have some patience!

In your infinite wisdom you are encouraging more people to buy and hold thus more competition for you later on. With your moral high ground of course while the people selling Lego now for what you consider meager profits are compromising the integrity and causing you to lose money.Let people sell their stock at smaller margins and as the sets get opened up yours become worth more. As always Research adjust adapt Lego released more units price comes down get a grip! Flippers and resellers are eating much better than you think and maybe you should reconsider some of your own strategies instead of preaching them like they are the gospel.

The abundance of long term holders or "investors" will hurt this job hobby much more than the quick flippers. AS studio should rise again when supply gets used up good for you and its done by the flippers and retailers selling their available stock for small profits.

• Like 1

If people think the price for the set is currently too low, why don't they buy some?  For those waiting long term they have obviously decided that future potential ROI is greater than selling now.  So barring a few other complications like availability of capital/storage etc they should be buying up the "cheap" stock.

I often feel that people only think investing in Lego means obtaining sets from retail stores.  If you are a true investor you're looking at the current market price as a potential entry point, not just an exit.

• Like 1