21050 - Architecture Studio

TheOrcKing

I would love to see this come back and get one but from the Facebook page, but the statement about it coming Aug.1 is from last year, is it not?? It seems to be listed under earlier posts about other sets.... UN, Marina Bay etc..... not sure if we will see it or not :(

OR, am I missing something obvious?

I love this set.  I sold 60+ and netted a few grand.  After closely inspecting my stock, I kept one that was as close as perfect condition as I could find, boxed it up and archived it. Did the same with my 41999 crawlers as I made a few grand off that one as well. 

I think that the Architecture Studio will come back in stock, so I wouldn't pick one up for over retail ($149.99). This "set" definitely will be worth $250+ really quickly after retirement, but I don't think it is upon us just yet.

Yeah. That's what the announcement said above. It's coming back worldwide August 1. I will be dumping the ones I have before then.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I would love to see this come back and get one but from the Facebook page, but the statement about it coming Aug.1 is from last year, is it not?? It seems to be listed under earlier posts about other sets.... UN, Marina Bay etc..... not sure if we will see it or not :(

OR, am I missing something obvious?

They created a timeline for the release dates of the sets. It looks the same if you enter your birthday on facebook. Still, you did not make the post when you were born.

• 2 weeks later...

SET #21050 Find!!!!!

Ok I have a bit of an issue as to the correct action to take on Set #21050 Architect Studio. I have read how their have been shortages in January 14 to the fact that an updated version II is due out in August 14. I have located 4 NIB units at a local B&****** at $174 and am thinking of buying a flipping rather quickly before August gets here. Any thoughts on this and if the price point on Ebay of $220 -$235 is still reachable.

SET #21050 Find!!!!!

Ok I have a bit of an issue as to the correct action to take on Set #21050 Architect Studio. I have read how their have been shortages in January 14 to the fact that an updated version II is due out in August 14. I have located 4 NIB units at a local B&****** at $174 and am thinking of buying a flipping rather quickly before August gets here. Any thoughts on this and if the price point on Ebay of $220 -$235 is still reachable.

You may want to try to do the math firts, accounting for sales tax at buy side, and fees on sale side. And the fact that every single B&****** has them in stock and online

Thanks for the quick replies. Yeah the math works out to a minimum profit of around $15/unit at selling price of around $210 with $10 for shipping. Thats not enough for me personally to take the leap without some coupons of 15-20% off to raise that margin.

I also have (2) Burj Khalifa @ local Target for $50/piece. I know its retired but I just dont see the market being overly enthusiatic about a gray barrel set and paying a premium for this a few years from now. Thoughts??????????????

I also have (2) Burj Khalifa @ local Target for $50/piece. I know its retired but I just dont see the market being overly enthusiatic about a gray barrel set and paying a premium for this a few years from now. Thoughts??????????????

You bought them for double retail price? They aren't even going for that much on Amazon! Buying at that price point does not leave room for a return, IMHO. I see $60 tops in 4 years.