21050 - Architecture Studio

TheOrcKing

I really believe that the action that we're seeing on this set is a sad glimpse into the future of Lego investing. All I keep reading in different forums is people complaining that the price is going too low on EBay. Well you all have created this with unwarranted panic buying/selling. Don't just jump on the bandwagon because it looks like a neat ride. DO THE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU PULL THE TRIGGER! Past performance is not always an accurate gauge for future expectations.

The good thing that will come out of all of this is that we will really start to see some "investors" (most likely flippers) go away. I'm not sure how anyone can feel satisfied in making a MAXIMUM of $20-25 each flip on this set. And for those of you who need to "feed their family" off of Lego flipping, you better start stocking up on Top Ramen and Mac-******-Cheese, because at this rate, that's all you'll be able to afford.

And for those of you that are buying and holding, keep it up. Weather the "new investor" storm, and we will continue to come out money ahead and provide a good ethical avenue for future Lego maniacs to find those retired hard to find sets. Because a lot of the ethics in this hobby/job are being compromised every day by people who feel entitled to a good Lego deal. Thanks a lot USA Today!!!!

LOL. Flippers are the smarter ones in some ways..We flip to make profit and put that into sets that will have better ROI later down the line..

I bought a couple in all of the madness and I was hoping that it was retired.  It would mean a shorter time frame before I realized my gains (like maybe 2 weeks!)  When I found out that it is back in production (or at least appears to be) I was pretty bummed.  But the bottom line is that I think this is a good set, and for $149 will be a good set to hold now.  So just because people jumped on the opportunity to buy something with the idea of flipping, doesn't mean that they are necessarily short sighted, or they are going to "go away".  The chances are some of the "flippers" here have been doing this for many years. (I have flipped just about every toy under the sun at one point or another...made a ton on "Twilight Frodo".) 

I bought a couple in all of the madness and I was hoping that it was retired. It would mean a shorter time frame before I realized my gains (like maybe 2 weeks!) When I found out that it is back in production (or at least appears to be) I was pretty bummed. But the bottom line is that I think this is a good set, and for $149 will be a good set to hold now. So just because people jumped on the opportunity to buy something with the idea of flipping, doesn't mean that they are necessarily short sighted, or they are going to "go away". The chances are some of the "flippers" here have been doing this for many years. (I have flipped just about every toy under the sun at one point or another...made a ton on "Twilight Frodo".)

Haha I remember twilight frodo Good ole toybiz figs. I made a ton on glow in the dark Homer, die cast disney Cars Frank, living dead dolls, etc.

And for those of you who need to "feed their family" off of Lego flipping, you better start stocking up on Top Ramen and Mac-N-Cheese, because at this rate, that's all you'll be able to afford.

Speaking of Macaroni & Cheese, has anyone else noticed how much each box costs now compared to some years ago? I can recall being able to purchase one for $0.50, now it's more like $1.25 I think. (That could be the 'organic' flavors as they are the highest priced of the bunch.) Course I read an article how sales for Kraft's cheap dish has risen by a decent percentage these past couple of years.

On another note, it seems despite his 'oh so busy schedule' that Vanilla Ice did a Kraft Macaroni & Cheese commercial due to them releasing a box filled with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shapes. I mean, who else comes to mind but Vanilla Ice when you talk about the turtles, huh? Go, ninja, go! :ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISlupo4tlpY

And here is the actual commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-lT1oOU7b4

Totally Wrong!.......

I am not sharing my "infinite wisdom" (because there isn't a lot), and I'm definitely not "speaking Gospel". There are a lot of flippers who know what they're doing, I occasionally flip various items myself. But look around you.....there are a whole lot of new players who are making "interesting" decisions, which is changing the game.

And speaking of re-evaluating my investment strategy.....thank you for bringing that up because I think many different investment strategies need to be flexible and willing to adjust. My personal strategies have definitely changed since I got into the game. It's just not quite like it was 5+ years ago.

As for the AS...has anyone seen them in the B&M Lego stores? I've heard the rumors, but haven't seen them yet.

Totally Wrong! Lego making more of the set has lowered prices simple supply and demand. So stop bashing immoral and unethical "flippers" because the price of your investment has dropped some.These flippers are just Lego suppliers retail sellers not investors to each their own..It is a free market and people can price their items however they want making whatever profit they feel is sufficient. If I undercut you by 10 dollars and sell x more units I make more money.Some people can even sell some at items at a loss and still gain because market share loyalty and additional purchases. If you are holding long term what do you care about people selling the set cheaper on ebay now or the current ebay price. Have some patience!

In your infinite wisdom you are encouraging more people to buy and hold thus more competition for you later on. With your moral high ground of course while the people selling Lego now for what you consider meager profits are compromising the integrity and causing you to lose money.Let people sell their stock at smaller margins and as the sets get opened up yours become worth more. As always Research adjust adapt Lego released more units price comes down get a grip! Flippers and resellers are eating much better than you think and maybe you should reconsider some of your own strategies instead of preaching them like they are the gospel.

The abundance of long term holders or "investors" will hurt this job hobby much more than the quick flippers. AS studio should rise again when supply gets used up good for you and its done by the flippers and retailers selling their available stock for small profits.

Well said, I sold goblin king break even and the buyer bought four barrel escapes from me and I made $15 each. He turned around and also paid $80 for unexpected gathering and $25 for Shelob which cost me only $11.95. To rid myself of garbage, goblin king, I sold and made nothing but sold other products.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Well said, I sold goblin king break even and the buyer bought four barrel escapes from me and I made $15 each. He turned around and also paid $80 for unexpected gathering and $25 for Shelob which cost me only $11.95. To rid myself of garbage, goblin king, I sold and made nothing but sold other products.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

This might get interesting when Goblin King hits $200.

I sold my AS as well, was only able to get one but made about the same as DNIIM, so I'm happy.  Made some quick money with minimal effort.  I received an email from Lego customer service that this thing is coming back big time in March, they said that they really ramped up production on this set due to the unexpected demand so they don't run out.  This was also confirmed by my local Lego Store manager.

Sell while the gettings good.  If you don't you'll be sitting on them a while until the stock dries up again.