21050 - Architecture Studio

TheOrcKing

I was really peeved that it's been sold out on LEGO Shop at Home. I wanted to get it yesterday for my son and get the triple VIP points. :(

If it fully comes back in stock and the price goes down again, Ill mess you and I will sell it to you for what I paid for it at B and ****** with coupon (like 130 I think). I am only interested in having it if it is really gone already. if not, I will reevaluate its investment value (aka ask someone who knows more about it, lol) when it seems to be near gone. I am not really interested in holding it for a year while its still out. lol.

I've sold 4 in the last few days all for $199 on eBay. Got each one at B&****** for $100 and change. I've still got two more left. I've also now got $60 in promo cards and my wife was mad at me when I told her I spent $25 on the year membership but go over it when you was able to get a cookbook for my mother-in-law for $13 instead of $29.

I've sold 4 in the last few days all for $199 on eBay. Got each one at B&****** for $100 and change. I've still got two more left. I've also now got $60 in promo cards and my wife was mad at me when I told her I spent $25 on the year membership but go over it when you was able to get a cookbook for my mother-in-law for $13 instead of $29.

If you plan on purchasing at least 2+ 21050 the membership pays for itself witht he 10% off for members!! .. thats like a $15 savings each time you buy a studio

• 2 weeks later...

I have one architecture studio left. Should I keep or sell now? will it continue to escalate in value , do you think/

I would keep it because it will probably only keep going up. It's already shot up from $150 to $280 on Amazon in 3 weeks. I was in a couple of B&******'s this past weekend and the entire separate shelf display they had (on the sales floor and behind the cashiers) for the Architecture set was gone and replaced. Previously, the display was kept empty for restocking. That tells me that it is probably done and won't be restocked as some people have said. 

I still don't get it. The can see the draw at $120 on sale, and maybe $150 with a freebie. But who are these people shelling out 250 for a box of white bricks and a book? All I can think of is corporate gifts are architectural or construction engineering companies. Or perhaps a required item in some college design study classes.

The book looks really nice...but are there any special white elements? I didn't notice any in my cursory look at the box. I only bought one for $12x at Barnes and noble. I had a couple ordered when Amzn was selling out at 165 with tax...but cancelled at last minute, and decided to try b+****** instead and grab 4 on sale. Unfortunately they only had one left

This set is an inspirational set. There are many amazingly beautiful structures constructed out of these white bricks on the internet. It's great as a gift to inspire teenagers and for the AFOL architectural buffs.

Sure, one can bricklink the white bricks and even print out the book. But surely you are not going to use this "self made" set as a gift?

I have one left.  I am going back and forth on whether or not to sell now or see how high this thing goes.  This set was far and away my break-out set.  I think it flew under the radar of just about everyone.  It's sets like this that make investing fun....especially when it pays off.  

Who was it that said this set would be coming back?  I think people holding a few more of these would feel a little better with a bit more of a solid elaboration.  

Man, I need to get this.  I'm the manager at my office, and it'd be great to throw this open on a table, and let my employees have at it.  I work in a field that requires a lot of focused time at computer, along with creativity.  Having an outlet for "down time" would be great.  Good team building, too.  And I can see my employees actually working out solutions to problems they are encountering with work related stuff, while they're building something cool.

Man, I need to get this.  I'm the manager at my office, and it'd be great to throw this open on a table, and let my employees have at it.  I work in a field that requires a lot of focused time at computer, along with creativity.  Having an outlet for "down time" would be great.  Good team building, too.  And I can see my employees actually working out solutions to problems they are encountering with work related stuff, while they're building something cool.

Sounds fun. Buy a couple of sets and let them have a go for an entire day. Maybe a team competition too. Cheaper than hiring professional team building consultants.

• Like 1

Man, I need to get this. I'm the manager at my office, and it'd be great to throw this open on a table, and let my employees have at it. I work in a field that requires a lot of focused time at computer, along with creativity. Having an outlet for "down time" would be great. Good team building, too. And I can see my employees actually working out solutions to problems they are encountering with work related stuff, while they're building something cool.

Instead, by the serious play set with light blay riggings. Those riggings will likely just get in the way though, so you can send them my way. I'm just trying to let your employees' creativity flow.

• Like 1

If you want to believe what a LEGO store employee says....

Randomly stopped by a LEGO store on the way home to spend my $10 promo card and saw a solitary Architecture Studio available on the half wall behind the registers. The cashier said I was very lucky to get it because it was just returned a few hours earlier. I asked if they were getting more in and she said that they were definitely NOT getting any more and that it is done. She said that someone had called in the morning asking about the Architecture Studio (before the one I bought was returned) so she asked her manager who told her that it was done.