21050 - Architecture Studio

TheOrcKing

So enough BPers called and emailed looking to flip this set, which made TLG incorrectly think there's big demand for this set. Now they will slowly die on store shelves. Great.

Haha bingo!  And now the secondary market price crashes also...

Quite a new experience for our little game this set has been, and perhaps a lesson.

I get to leave my negative feedback to Target on eBay today for receiving my zero sets.   :thumbsup:

At least it appears I got in on the Lego Shop at Home while the pre-ordering was available.

Edit that, just went to check again, and now AS is listed as available at Lego Shop at Home, so perhaps these will be shipping now.

I get to leave my negative feedback to Target on eBay today for receiving my zero sets. :thumbsup:

At least it appears I got in on the Lego Shop at Home while the pre-ordering was available.

Edit that, just went to check again, and now AS is listed as available at Lego Shop at Home, so perhaps these will be shipping now.

Just go to the lego store, they have officially restocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Since you have more knowledge on the error, could you buy 1 from LEGO Shop at Home for MSRP and let us know if it has been fixed ?

I bought 8 from Target they were cheaper and kept 2 one to open and one to keep long-term.  Haven't gotten around to opening one yet perhaps this weekend and I will report back.

Edit  I do not have a first run so cant compare but not sure if there is any way to tell a difference.  Thinking possible long-term first edition may be worth more like a Novel

• Like 1

Just go to the lego store, they have officially restocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I placed a pre-order for one last week, so I'm hoping it will now be shipping.  Originally, it said something like March 8th.

My 10 y/o Lego Architecture enthusiast son is ready to "buy" this one from me when it arrives.  When this comes, the only ones I believe he doesn't have are the Willis Tower (he has the Sears Tower), Eiffel Tower, and Marina Bay Sands (we're working out a deal for him on that one to get through eBay, but definitely not if the seller is Target).

Went to the LEGO store in Ohio for the very first time.  Didn't plan on buying anything just formulating future strategies until I saw that 21050 was back.  The employees said they just received it in and there was only one on the shelf.  They had more in the back so I picked up two.  I see that the lego website now has them up also.  I'm almost regretting buying it because I never pay full price for Lego's but I got excited and this was truly a impulse so it is what it is.  I think I might have just been happier if I walked out of there with a Tower Bridge set.

So what do we think here?

I noticed that last week the 21050 was available for ordering but quickly changed to sold out but now there seems to be a decent supply available where you can order up to 5 at a time.

Immediately I noticed that there is a decrease is offer price on Ebay where the set is now selling for $229 with free shipping.

What are your thoughts on this interesting Lego set? Will it be another short supply or will this set be available for several years and maybe not a good investment at this time.

Thanks for your input

• 4 weeks later...

I was pleasantly surprised to find a mention of the Architecture Studio in the recent issue of Popular Mechanics...  I mean, especially since it just came back in stock.  It's almost as if....  Lego KNEW that Popular Mechanics would write about it, and then restocked the AS in their stores in advance of the short blurb, so that people could buy it.  It must be a conspiracy!  

I'm attaching a scan here.  Super short, as you can see, it was just a surprise.  I believe the last time they mentioned Legos it was for the MindStorms EV3.
post-31914-0-13516700-1395400582_thumb.j

There was an article posted somewhere about the path that people took to become master builders or the Lego certified partner. Interestingly enough their advice was to never use the instructions when building. I guess it inspires creativity and ingenuity and helps you in the thought process to building your own creations...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Brickpicker mobile app

• 1 month later...

So what do we think here?

I noticed that last week the 21050 was available for ordering but quickly changed to sold out but now there seems to be a decent supply available where you can order up to 5 at a time.

Immediately I noticed that there is a decrease is offer price on Ebay where the set is now selling for $229 with free shipping.

What are your thoughts on this interesting Lego set? Will it be another short supply or will this set be available for several years and maybe not a good investment at this time.

Thanks for your input

And the second round begins... AS is "Temporary OOS" at Lego SAH, and no retailers have it