21050 - Architecture Studio

TheOrcKing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest davewager78

Anyone looking to pick up the Architecture Studio in UK/Europe? I thought that was out today too

Comes up as an item page today, but can't be bought. Was doing the same as the exo suit last night

I believe that Studio will be around for a while due to its popularity. I expect to see it for 3-4 years. The first batches were limited because LEGO did not think that it would attract this many buyers. When they realized this they stopped production for a little time to engineer the product to the Europe market. They wouldn't do this if they did not think in large scale sales. Therefore I am not in a hurry.

Guest davewager78

Not sure. I thought it was just the first official release in Europe. I would guess it would be the same. Is it the same set number?

I also noticed this morning it had appeared on the Dutch lego.com. Can't be added to bag yet though and also doesn't mention pricepoint. Hope it'll be expensive as I will feel like an idiot for ordering this thing from the U.S. last year.

Also noticed that the mini mini cooper is now a freebie with any order over

• 2 months later...

This set really speaks to Lego's aggressive marketing stance and expansion towards adult fans. The set, and concept, are outstanding. I notice it every time I am at B&****** buying a book. I just don't know about it as an investment.

It's the kind of set where I would get one and if it does something sell it and if not open it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

To my personal opinion, this set does not worth the price. I myself am an architect and I bought this set for my studio. I found it hard to express my ideas thoroughly because the pieces are far from enough.

I agree, you almost need 3 of these to really accomplish anything substantial.

• Like 1

To my personal opinion, this set does not worth the price. I myself am an architect and I bought this set for my studio. I found it hard to express my ideas thoroughly because the pieces are far from enough.

It's not really aimed at architects for model building. It's for people who might have an interest in architecture and are looking at ways of learning different techniques and methods.

Also, much of the price goes on the book, which will be of limited value to someone who's already a qualified architect.

Edited by tractorboy

Is anyone still picking up a few of these here and there for the long haul?

I have 1 that I got used on CL for $50, I really just wanted the book. I am unsure of this sets prospects and am focusing my limited resources elsewhere. So, yeah, it will probably be the next TH in terms of explosive growth. At the very least this set paid my mortgage one month two Christmases ago. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...