What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, Shewie said:

dont even look at the lego.com/PL-ENG or whatever that website is.
all of the Legos can be found on allegro.pl for 70% of the RPP, Technics sometimes for 60% of RPP with orderes possible for large quantities. If you gonna go off service to avoid fees you can negotiate even more with shipping "cash on collection"
people in UK thinks they are winning their lives with buy in for 60-70% of RPP which is base price in PL :) with many possibilities to negotiate it even lower.
There is no official retail chain of TLG so all the distribution is B2B based. And the competition is high thats why LEGO in PL are dead cheap comparing to other countries (except flagship exclusives)

Thanks... I know some lorry drivers who go to Poland every few months and sometimes come back either empty with half-load (I can help them out there!). A cycling buddy's wife is Polish and can translate for me. Perhaps this is something I can look at next year and especially before Brexit kyboshes it! It's a lovely drive through Germany to Poland so I perhaps could take the van for a little spin and make a week of it?

It's about 4.5 Zloty to the pound at the moment accounting for bank charges. Bring on the blockchain!

Edited by TabbyBoy

5 minutes ago, Shewie said:

dont even look at the lego.com/PL-ENG or whatever that website is.
all of the Legos can be found on allegro.pl for 70% of the RPP, Technics sometimes for 60% of RPP with orderes possible for large quantities. If you gonna go off service to avoid fees you can negotiate even more with shipping "cash on collection"
If you really wish you can request seller to make a cross post on Allegro.cz so you will be able to buy in poland with shipping to CZ within same service. Like amazon.

people in UK thinks they are winning their lives with buy in for 60-70% of RPP which is base price in PL :) with many possibilities to negotiate it even lower.
There is no official retail chain of TLG so all the distribution is B2B based. And the competition is high thats why LEGO in PL are dead cheap comparing to other countries (except flagship exclusives)

I saw few sellers from Zgorzelec/Gorlitz (border City between Czech, Germany and Poland) with ridiculous large quantities available, highly likely they get their sets from Kladno as well as WH in Germany.

This sounds interesting... i have polish shipping address and speak the language perfectly. Perhaps I should have a look on Alegro...

19 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

You probably didnt get it - i went to that website you mentioned (empik.com). Its got Class Xerion listed for 599 PLN (that is what I see here).. and the rest is just official exchange rate from PLN -> CZK -> GBP at the end.  so it would seem like your exchange rate PLN/GBP was waaay different than CZK/GBP although Czech Crown is currently one the most appreciating currencies worldwide .. its just really weird the rate you mentioned.. its like you get 1 GBP for 8 PLN

ahh sorry I should have mentioned that my listing there wasn't really empik.com only based.
CLASS was from other website.

best deals in Poland are happening right after Christmas, a week between 24.12 - 01.01 when retailers are cleaning their stock. You can get those even cheaper, that's my sweet spot to fill my shopping cart to the limits.

17 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

This sounds interesting... i have polish shipping address and speak the language perfectly. Perhaps I should have a look on Alegro...

No way! I need sometimes help with my pathetic German skills, we can work it out "Mr. Lucas Podolski" :)

17 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Thanks... I know some lorry drivers who go to Poland every few months and sometimes come back either empty with half-load (I can help them out there!). A cycling buddy's wife is Polish and can translate for me. Perhaps this is something I can look at next year and especially before Brexit kyboshes it! It's a lovely drive through Germany to Poland so I perhaps could take the van for a little spin and make a week of it?

Brexit deal is finally on the table. Heard the news. 50BLN EUR to pay.
Anyway if you gonna find good source in PL you can only be beneficial of that deal, especially if you buy large quantities (like you usually do)

Edited by Shewie
  • Like 1

On 02/12/2017 at 2:25 PM, TabbyBoy said:

The last few days:

50x 41314 FRIENDS Stephanie's House at £32 each. (JL)

60x 41126 FRIENDS Riding Club at £21 each. (JDW)

20x 21309 Saturn V at £87.99 each. (Very)

20x 42068 TECHNIC ARV at £41 each. (Asda)

any of the saturns arrived yet ? Got dispatch emails on mine, fingers crossed on Very's packaging

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, Val-E said:

41235 Wonder Woman Dorm 75% off. Hopefully  a turbo flip for Xmas.

Where? Amazon is hiked.

Found it! Was £5 in Smyths and OOS. I'll post it on HUKD ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
21 minutes ago, roxio said:

any of the saturns arrived yet ? Got dispatch emails on mine, fingers crossed on Very's packaging

Same here, I'm nervous of the packaging TBH. One speck of dust and back it all goes.

7 hours ago, mauro23 said:

I saw few sellers from Zgorzelec/Gorlitz (border City between Czech, Germany and Poland) with ridiculous large quantities available, highly likely they get their sets from Kladno as well as WH in Germany.

I Know "Kladno capabilities" .. trust me, its virtually just next door. Its impossible that they would get it somehow "officially" (i mean truck loads). Each employee is awarded among other incentives a certain (limited) discount that entitles him to buy .. umm. let say 10-20 average sets (1000-2000 pcs) per year at half a price. You cant steal anything from the factory - not even a single brick that fell on a floor hardly an entire box.. so they have to have their source elsewhere.. I have come across truly disturbing facts that while the ppl in the Kladno factory itself are guarded like prisoners (more or less), the 3rd party Logistics partner with warehouse in other part of "greater Prague" obviously not.. and that might be where they could be getting their loot from.. I mean.. if an avg employee buys something at 50 % of local RRP, he certainly doesnt sell it to you at the same price - where would be the profit?

now these Logistics ppl.. if they are willing to sell the same set for 35 % of the local RRP.. I think everybody comes to the specific and exact explanation how did they land their hands onto it.. 

• Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

Picked up my Very Saturn's today from local Collect+ location. Tight fitting boxes and bin liners. One very minor puncture point but otherwise OK.

I've just had an email saying that my order was cancelled, at least my credit card wasn't charged. I'm so demanding about box condition (because my customers are!) that I'm not too bothered. I'll order again from JL when the coast is clear ;-)

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I've just had an email saying that my order was cancelled, at least my credit card wasn't charged. I'm so demanding about box condition (because my customers are!) that I'm not too bothered. I'll order again from JL when the coast is clear ;-)

I should imagine that you must be one of their VIPs with your purchases - and a private concierge as a courtesy of JL.. 

10 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

But you had dispatch emails??

Guest TabbyBoy
6 hours ago, roxio said:

But you had dispatch emails??

No, I didn't appear to get that far. I suppose that they have to force greedy £87.99 buyers to pay £109.99 somehow and I probably took the piss so it's a fair cop ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

Bought a 1st edition 10179 on a local site. Complete and in great condition with stickers unused, certificate, manual and box and all for £800 cash. The bottom of the market has well and truly dropped on this one. I’m starting to think that maybe I should have drove for a harder bargain. Hope many don’t still have minty new sealed versions of this set, hoping that we will see those previous prices

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, Haay said:

Too bad Amazon UK only price-matches down to £84. Oh well... There will be better offers ahead. ;) 

Use code FREELEGOTOY on Amazon UK to get a free TLBM Catwoman Cycle set.