What Lego set did you buy today?

48 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

After mentioning the set to tabbyboy earlier I went onto eBay and scored a second hand 10227 for £127

Seems like Xmas is a good time to pick off auctions while everyone is busy with Buy It Now listings

Unwanted Xmas presents listed in the weeks after xmas is good as well.

My favourite are the auctions ending in the evening of the 24th and on the 25th. :-)

1 hour ago, cladner said:

i ordered 60 Dr. Stranges during the $14.99 sale.  I did 6 orders of 10.  They have been shipping them one per 19x 14x 9 inch  box.  they are shipping all sets i have snagged over $40 in its own box even ordered at multiples.  even a couple of caves and dungeons were shipped one per box. had a couple of single stranges show up in its own 16x15x15 box..  they keep  showing up here and there almost like a where's waldo weh weh when i open up and see its another one of these.  ugh.  early morning purchase before coffee.  guess target has a new mission in making sure to move empty space from point a to b.

i think target finally ran out of bright green antireseller stickers - hair dryer has gotten a break.

ups guy hates me right now with the volume of his truck i take up.  plus today there are 8 inches of snow on my driveway at the end of a dirt road.  can't complain too much because the sets are in great condition and after having no deals for most of the year, target is finally giving it up.  

Mine came 20 to a box.   I actually love getting them shipped 1 per box.  Well, if they use pillows, I do.  I almost ran out of them sending to FBA this year.  Got a nice hearty supply from the Fingerlings orders over the past couple of months.  They were shipping those with stupid amounts of air pillows.  Some by themselves in boxes big enough to hold 10.

Edited by Loghamel

2 hours ago, Loghamel said:

Mine came 20 to a box.   I actually love getting them shipped 1 per box.  Well, if they use pillows, I do.  I almost ran out of them sending to FBA this year.  Got a nice hearty supply from the Fingerlings orders over the past couple of months.  They were shipping those with stupid amounts of air pillows.  Some by themselves in boxes big enough to hold 10.

they are in great condition for sure when shipped individually.  targets shipping has been better than shop at home lately.   just so much cardboard.  i can only reuse up so many boxes and half the time the boxes are covered in dirt or creased.  but yeah - air pillow replenishment has occurred.  tonight the delivery guy left 11 boxes from target worth over $1200 with a neighbor down the road kind enough to re-deliver them to me in the middle of a snowstorm.  whoops.  post office is going to be steamed when the 2 dozen Blaine's orders arrive next week.  most of those look like they are broken up into multiple shipments per order too. 

Edited by cladner

I ordered 50 Dr Strange around black Friday, the last 2 came in yesterday (separate boxes...  no box ever had more then 4 sets total.   Had 3 damaged but at $15 a set, still made a few bucks off those versus returning them.)

Ordered 8 Fishing boats from Target a few days ago, that's all they had at about 50% off .      Thanks for the heads up whoever posted !

Today from Target I grabbed 20 Might Dinosaurs 31058 at about 35% off and 20 Elves Water Dragon Adventure 41172  at 35% or so off...      

I think long term or once retired these both should be good, then again I have no idea what the hell I am doing.. lol...     I only buy online, so if I like it and its 30% off, I buy a few, the deeper the discount, the more I try to grab.    PP 

10 hours ago, Loghamel said:

I have not.  Please elaborate.

When I place an order, I see a total. I also see the same total in the order-confirmation email.

When I look at the REDcard statment, I see a different total. I'm guessing the discrepancy has something to do with the asinine way Target splits up orders and charges the card upon shipping. Target ripped me by about $7 on my last statement. Yes, it's only $7, but the point is that it's not okay for Target to tell me they are charging me a certain amount when I check out but then charge me more on my statement.

75160 U-Wing Microfighter x 2 at $7.5 each
75161 TIE Striker Microfighter x 2 at $7.5 each
21019 Eiffel Tower x 2 at $22.50 each
21032 Sydney SkyLine x 2  $18 each

All for about $117 after taxes or so.

One of my local book stores started their BOGO 50% sale on toys so I stocked up a bit.  Generally, pretty good deal for the Architecture line.  I was tempted to get a Destiny's Bounty but they didn't have enough arms or bags.  I'll head back later this weekend to clean out a bit more.

31 minutes ago, BrickMarket said:

I bought this 20 lb lot locally off FB marketplace for $250. I exceeded my typical price per pound because I saw something I needed for my personal collection :)

IMG_20171214_205900055.jpg

I have that exact red case!! I’ve had it since I was a kid!! So cool to see it here!! How much would that be worth anyway?  Nice pickup!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

How much would that be worth anyway?  Nice pickup!!

Used GG's are going for ~$450 on eBay, and I figure I could sell the rest of the lot for $100-$150, so maybe $550 total. I needed the GG to complete my modular collection (I had previously bricklink'ed a sand blue grocer), and was excited to pick one up cheap!

• Like 1

Used the double membership discount and some discounted GCs to purchase the following at 3 different B&Ns today:

10615 Duplo My First Tractor 2x$5.30, 1x$5.98 (MSRP: $14.99, 60-65% off)

31059 Sunset Street Bike 4x$7 (MSRP: $19.99, 65% off)

41123 Foal Washing Station 1x$3.48, 1x$3.98 (MSRP: $9.99, 60-65% off)

31048 Lakeside Lodge 1x$10.45 (MSRP: $29.99, 65% off)

41309 Andrea's Musical Duet 3x$3.52, 1x$3.98 (MSRP: $9.99, 60-65% off)

60151 Dragster Transporter 1x$10.63, 1x$11.98 (MSRP: $29.99, 60-65% off)

70623 Ninjago Destiny's Shadow 1x$10.63, 1x$11.98 (MSRP: $29.99, 60-65% off)

60149 4x4 with Catamaran 1x$7.98 (MSRP: $19.99, 60% off)

75153 AT-ST Walker 1x$19.51, 1x22.37 (MSRP: $39.99, 40-44% off)

One of the GCs was bought at Meijer, earned a $10 reward, used it with Santa Bucks to get 1x41300 Puppy Championship for $3.99 after 15% off sales price (MSRP $19.99, 80% off).

Also, for the first time ever did one of the B&N associates find sets in the back room for which their website showed inventory but the sets weren't on the shelf. Score!

• Like 6