What Lego set did you buy today?

Visited a different TRU on my travels and picked up a few sets

2 x ninjago dragon forges at rrp - Traditional Ninjago, 2 headed dragon, only 1 year run, stock disappeared fast, what's not to like?

added Lego trading cards to get over £75 and got the £20 gift cards

Also picked up 75142 Homing spider droid for £29.99 and Minecraft Ice spikes at RRP with another £20 gift card

Most amazing set still found on the shelf 76032 Quinjet City Chase still around 1 year after UK retirement

On 06/12/2017 at 1:58 AM, Fenix_2k1 said:

2 x ninjago dragon forges at rrp - Traditional Ninjago, 2 headed dragon, only 1 year run, stock disappeared fast, what's not to like?

Last July they were more than 50% off at a webshop. Don't know which one that was, and I was away on Summer holidays, so I missed it. :( 

Wish I could have bought them at that price because I certainly believe this set will do well in its Retirement life and at a good discount it's a no-brainer I think. :P 

14 minutes ago, Haay said:

Last July they were more than 50% off at a webshop. Don't know which one that was, and I was away on Summer holidays, so I missed it. :( 

Wish I could have bought them at that price because I certainly believe this set will do well in its Retirement life and at a good discount it's a no-brainer I think. :P 

I would have preferred to get them at a bigger discount definitely but they disappeared so fast from stores and flew under my radar as I wasn't expecting these sets to retire so soon. the £20 gift cards were at least some kind of compensation.

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, GregP said:

Today’s Leicester Square haul. Always like visiting the store. Staff were friendly and so many promotional freebies!! Happy days 

E8CD2D9F-DD56-4F3C-B227-0C24D8E4E238.jpeg

How did that lot survive the tube journey? ;-)

LEGO Store B&M - I went in to check out some sale prices and I walked away with 21128 Minecraft Village for $139.99 + Keychain + London bus + double points.

LEGO Store Online - Saturn + a train motor (can't have too many of those) + all the goodies & points.

TRU/eBay - Technic Volvo on $15/75 deal

20171208_143739.jpg

• Like 1

I politely asked my wife if I could re-buy my Christmas gift (Saturn V) from Lego SaH today to get all the Freebies, somehow I guess she was feeling generous and said yes. I added a couple Ninjago Smoochpacks to get the VIP thinger, my stocking is gonna be so stuffed! Also found a paypal offer for $10 credit in January for a $100+ purchase now. A better deal than just 5% off from Target and now I have a Saturn V to sell, I guess.

Oh and I went to Kmart with my baby girl and got Friends Andrea's Duet and a Jungle Buggy Polybag with mostly points, turns out she's a big fan of polybags.

Edited by keymomachine
Forgot I went to Kmart!
  • Like 1

UCS MF yesterday in store. I sacrificed the double decker bus and the double points because I didn’t want to risk losing out on the special Vip card, and of course this beautiful set. Good news is I called Lego customer service and just asked if they can award me my double points from my purchase yesterday. After pulling upy account and confirming my purchase, the polite customer service rep understood the situation and awarded me an extra 800 points. Lego customer service is the best!!!! I didn’t want to push and ask for the free bus. I did get that wu keychain yesterday though. A win is a win. 

35613C1C-272F-4197-93B9-E85022072189.jpeg

A7288E8F-5A4B-46E4-B13B-D24613BFAA55.jpeg

D589DA64-6387-4033-9E4F-9BF1CF1CE0B0.jpeg

Edited by Jimivegas
  • Like 8