What Lego set did you buy today?

11 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Good idea, I'm done. However, I'm quite tempted to post the receipt and that'll let the dogs out! ;-) All it states is what I bought today as per thread title, nothing more.

It might state what you bought, and nothing more, but people still probably won't care. But go for it if it keeps you happy. I think most of us take everything you say with a wheelbarrow load of salt now anyway, so keep on talking. It's all cool, because you're better than all of us anyway, so what do you care?

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

It might state what you bought, and nothing more, but people still probably won't care. But go for it if it keeps you happy. I think most of us take everything you say with a wheelbarrow load of salt now anyway, so keep on talking. It's all cool, because you're better than all of us anyway, so what do you care?

Mods... remove the above puerile comment please as we ended this on PM.

Who wants to see the receipt? Only via PM please ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy
I hate the new iPad keyboard!

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

to stay on topic for a change 237 Fishing Boats from the Target sale ,  worst case I can build a full size fishing boat.

Good deal, kudos for going all in if the price is right. It's rude not to, right? Can I ask what you paid? I paid £4 each in Dobbies instore for the 5 they had last week. They've had a few 75% off deals over the last 2 years.

42 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Good deal, kudos for going all in if the price is right. It's rude not to, right? Can I ask what you paid? I paid £4 each in Dobbies instore for the 5 they had last week. They've had a few 75% off deals over the last 2 years.

They're $11ish after tax from Target right now, a solid 45% off. I've been buying them from Kmart for $5-6, so holding off for now.

28 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

sent to warehouse,  always try to , sometimes forget though which does suck

I almost pulled the trigger on 99 quantity. Then I thought about that many packages arriving at my front door and chickened out. You're not afraid of getting banned from Target? That also made me second thought about ordering 99..

Edited by Lego_Monsters

1 hour ago, Lego_Monsters said:

I almost pulled the trigger on 99 quantity. Then I thought about that many packages arriving at my front door and chickened out. You're not afraid of getting banned from Target? That also made me second thought about ordering 99..

You shouldn't worry a great deal about getting banned from Target for ordering large quantities.  They may change in the future, but, ever since they began lifting the quantity limits last year, they haven't blinked when I've ordered max quantity on items.

Also, Target tends to be pretty good about not breaking large orders up into 20-30 boxes.  Sometimes, I'll get 3-5 smaller boxes, but generally they will send the bulk of an order in one or two large boxes.

4 minutes ago, redcell said:

You shouldn't worry a great deal about getting banned from Target for ordering large quantities.  They may change in the future, but, ever since they began lifting the quantity limits last year, they haven't blinked when I've ordered max quantity on items.

Also, Target tends to be pretty good about not breaking large orders up into 20-30 boxes.  Sometimes, I'll get 3-5 smaller boxes, but generally they will send the bulk of an order in one or two large boxes.

Wish I saw this earlier, would have ordered 99...but thank you for informing me about that. Will keep this in mind when I see a similar deal in the future.

Edited by Lego_Monsters

48 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I only bought 30. I suck.

Figured you'll go all in on the sweeper seeing it resembles a steamroller.   Actually give credit to you as I saw your post this morning which brought it to my attention. Did 200 in morning and went back to do more at night and kept poofing at end.  

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

Banter and insults should be kept to PM. Ordering >100 sets in one go is nothing new. I've been doing it for years and bought 500 Doctor Whos from Asda a while back when they were £22 each, an absolute no brainer! There's nothing special or unique about that order, we're all capable of doing it, some have the guts and some don't. However, I'm still only small fry compared to others I know. Why do others get upset when they can simply get off their arse, take a chance and do the same? If there were 1,000 fishing boats at £4 each, of course I would've bought them all in a heartbeat! If anybody moans, tough!

10 hours ago, redcell said:

You have FAR more experience with big Target orders than I, but this has not been my experience. I had two recent 99 set orders that got broken up into 12-15 boxes each. it was a lot of fun. 

On 11/12/2017 at 7:48 AM, TabbyBoy said:

Banter and insults should be kept to PM. Ordering >100 sets in one go is nothing new. I've been doing it for years and bought 500 Doctor Whos from Asda a while back when they were £22 each, an absolute no brainer! There's nothing special or unique about that order, we're all capable of doing it, some have the guts and some don't. However, I'm still only small fry compared to others I know. Why do others get upset when they can simply get off their arse, take a chance and do the same? If there were 1,000 fishing boats at £4 each, of course I would've bought them all in a heartbeat! If anybody moans, tough!

10k in dr who... we dont have the same wallet!! lol

• Like 1

On 12/11/2017 at 10:19 AM, Pebble&Park said:

You have FAR more experience with big Target orders than I, but this has not been my experience. I had two recent 99 set orders that got broken up into 12-15 boxes each. it was a lot of fun. 

same got 26 shipping notices yesterday but it all just depends on if there was enough from the dotcom inventory,  the rest pulls from stores so that is where you are seeing that so just wasn't enough online to fulfill the order.  That's when you see the high amount of packages.

Got 93 on one shipment,  64 and 35 on another then the last ones are all 1's and 2's

17 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

same got 26 shipping notices yesterday but it all just depends on if there was enough from the dotcom inventory,  the rest pulls from stores so that is where you are seeing that so just wasn't enough online to fulfill the order.  That's when you see the high amount of packages.

Got 93 on one shipment,  64 and 35 on another then the last ones are all 1's and 2's

lucky you ..... 35 shipment today, 37 tomorrow and counting. do they ship them in bags for 1's and 2's?

44 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

lucky you ..... 35 shipment today, 37 tomorrow and counting. do they ship them in bags for 1's and 2's?

i ordered 60 Dr. Stranges during the $14.99 sale.  I did 6 orders of 10.  They have been shipping them one per 19x 14x 9 inch  box.  they are shipping all sets i have snagged over $40 in its own box even ordered at multiples.  even a couple of caves and dungeons were shipped one per box. had a couple of single stranges show up in its own 16x15x15 box..  they keep  showing up here and there almost like a where's waldo weh weh when i open up and see its another one of these.  ugh.  early morning purchase before coffee.  guess target has a new mission in making sure to move empty space from point a to b.

i think target finally ran out of bright green antireseller stickers - hair dryer has gotten a break.

ups guy hates me right now with the volume of his truck i take up.  plus today there are 8 inches of snow on my driveway at the end of a dirt road.  can't complain too much because the sets are in great condition and after having no deals for most of the year, target is finally giving it up.  

Edited by cladner