What Lego set did you buy today?

15 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

7 Simpson Houses at average 168 Euro each, regarding the retired state of this set it should be easy 50 Euro profit for each in the next months...

Dunno. Look at Pet Shop. 3 year life, plenty of discounts means there is abundant stock.

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Dunno. Look at Pet Shop. 3 year life, plenty of discounts means there is abundant stock.

The PS was hardly discounted in the UK apart from a short-lived 20% off at Smyths. This set is a turkey and not recovering RRP yet after fees and P&P.

Simpsons Houses available from me at RRP as I have no hope for this set either. We HATE The Simpsons in the UK.

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

We HATE The Simpsons in the UK.

Tell that to the people paying £70 for a full set of simpson series 1 CMF's.  A series that was available at £60 a box.  

The Simpsons House is a really fun build.  Whilst it may not reach the a huge uplift in the after market (which big sets do these days) that fact will make it desirable.  

Guest TabbyBoy

The last few days:

50x 41314 FRIENDS Stephanie's House at £32 each. (JL)

60x 41126 FRIENDS Riding Club at £21 each. (JDW)

20x 21309 Saturn V at £87.99 each. (Very)

20x 42068 TECHNIC ARV at £41 each. (Asda)

55% off:

2 Lighthouse Sieges

1 Stealth Raider

About 12 Ugly Vampires

About 6 Mighty Micros

2 Hot Dog Vans

3 Supermarkets

2 Super Hero High Schools

1 Snow Resort Off-Roader

55% off before points and coupons:

1 Carbon-Freezing Chamber

1 Spider-Man Hideout

Plus:

1 Saturn V for $100

10 Snow Resort Off-Roaders for $12 before points and coupons

• Like 3

Speaking of dinosaurs;  bought 4 IRex and a Skyra's tonight at TRU.  Been eyeing them for a couple of weeks and finally had the time to ask the wife if she'd open a CC account.  My awesome wife dragged 3 kids under 7 yo for a 20 min drive to sign up.  Disregard the Technique set.  Bought it for my dad so the kids can put it together Christmas day.  He's always wanted a yellow Corvette.  All in perfect shape.

*Sorry, I know, wrong thread.  I've requested a move.

tru.png

Edited by Loghamel
  • Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy
6 hours ago, Loghamel said:

Speaking of dinosaurs;  bought 4 IRex and a Skyra's tonight at TRU.  Been eyeing them for a couple of weeks and finally had the time to ask the wife if she'd open a CC account.  My awesome wife dragged 3 kids under 7 yo for a 20 min drive to sign up.  Disregard the Technique set.  Bought it for my dad so the kids can put it together Christmas day.  He's always wanted a yellow Corvette.  All in perfect shape.

*Sorry, I know, wrong thread.  I've requested a move.

tru.png

Good score! Another reason that I want TRU to disappear is that some branches still have long-retired sets which hold us up a bit. A buddy bought a Grand Emporium (a squashed box of course!) which was still sealed and complete for £100 only a few weeks ago and they still had Tumblers too!

50GBP empik.com - Polish local retailer.

lego-technic-klocki-smiglowiec-towarowy-

anyway in Poland there are plenty of sweet deals, just discovered few more.

CLASS XERION - 75GBP
NINJAGO MECH QUAKE -50GBP (not even released yet in UK for good for RPP 79.99GBP)
WOMAN OF NASA - 16.50GBP
BB 8 - 60GBP

etc...

Edited by Shewie
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Shewie said:

50GBP empik.com - Polish local retailer.

lego-technic-klocki-smiglowiec-towarowy-

anyway in Poland there are plenty of sweet deals, just discovered few more.

CLASS XERION - 75GBP
NINJAGO MECH QUAKE -50GBP (not even released yet in UK for good for RPP 79.99GBP)
WOMAN OF NASA - 16.50GBP
BB 8 - 60GBP

etc...

interesting exchange rate.. when I look at that site (Xerion Claas for 599 PLN), here it equals to 129 GBP (given that I first use conversion from PLN to CZK.. and subsequently CZK to GBP based on the official rate issued by the National Bank)

12 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

interesting exchange rate.. when I look at that site (Xerion Claas for 599 PLN), here it equals to 129 GBP (given that I first use conversion from PLN to CZK.. and subsequently CZK to GBP based on the official rate issued by the National Bank)

dont even look at the lego.com/PL-ENG or whatever that website is.
all of the Legos can be found on allegro.pl for 70% of the RPP, Technics sometimes for 60% of RPP with orderes possible for large quantities. If you gonna go off service to avoid fees (+tax dodging) you can negotiate even further with shipping "cash on collection".
If you really wish you can request seller to make a cross post on https://aukro.cz/ so you will be able to buy in poland with shipping to CZ within same service. Like amazon.

people in UK thinks they are winning their lives with buy in for 60-70% of RPP which is base price in PL :) with many possibilities to negotiate it even lower.
There is no official retail chain of TLG so all the distribution is B2B based. And the competition is high thats why LEGO in PL are dead cheap comparing to other countries (except flagship exclusives)

I saw few sellers from Zgorzelec/Gorlitz (border City between Czech, Germany and Poland) with ridiculous large quantities available, highly likely they get their sets from Kladno as well as WH in Germany.

Edited by Shewie
added https://aukro.cz/

You probably didnt get it - i went to that website you mentioned (empik.com). Its got Class Xerion listed for 599 PLN (that is what I see here).. and the rest is just official exchange rate from PLN -> CZK -> GBP at the end.  so it would seem like your exchange rate PLN/GBP was waaay different than CZK/GBP although Czech Crown is currently one the most appreciating currencies worldwide .. its just really weird the rate you mentioned.. its like you get 1 GBP for 8 PLN