What Lego set did you buy today?

On 07/12/2017 at 8:23 PM, GregP said:

Today’s Leicester Square haul. Always like visiting the store. Staff were friendly and so many promotional freebies!! Happy days 

E8CD2D9F-DD56-4F3C-B227-0C24D8E4E238.jpeg

So for anyone looking confused...

Free: the VIP, gingerbread, tree, nutcracker and 24in1 were free.

Purchased: the Toy Shop, busses and Leicesters add up to £100 to get minimum spend for the VIP set.

good maxing out. Leicester Square is always the best stocked for freebies and possible stacking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andyposterfan said:

Why were you afraid to get the freebies and VIP points in-store?

its as though we feel grateful Lego allows us to give them £650 / €800

Well I bought the set a day prior to the freebie promotion and double points. I had to call customer service today to get double points but I was too embarrassed to ask for the bus. I know I still should have asked for it to be shipped to me but Oh well. Not going to push it.

Edited by Jimivegas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, andyposterfan said:

So for anyone looking confused...

Free: the VIP, gingerbread, tree, nutcracker and 24in1 were free.

Purchased: the Toy Shop, busses and Leicesters add up to £100 to get minimum spend for the VIP set.

good maxing out. Leicester Square is always the best stocked for freebies and possible stacking.

Thanks pal :)

2 hours ago, Jimivegas said:

Well I bought the set a day prior to the freebie promotion and double points. I had to call customer service today to get double points but I was too embarrassed to ask for the bus. I know I still should have asked for it to be shipped to me but Oh well. Not going to push it.

Ah I understand now sorry. The risk was whether to wait a day and risk losing the MF! You chose well!

lego are usually good with honouring freebies. Have to get a nice CS person though. Some can be mean, but most are helpful 

49 minutes ago, GregP said:

Thanks pal :)

I think you bought very well there. The Toy Shop got negativity for being a remake but next Christmas  I see you easily getting £90 / £95 on a £65 buy in.

then further upside from the freebies.

whats tor view on the freebies though? I got a load but they havnt performed as well as I'd expected.

ive sold 8 nutcrackers, startevat 25 but got as low as 16.

as for VIP seems to have gone really low and can be had for £12ish now.

24in1 hard to shift too.

better to hold all of these now do you think!

(not complaining as I think they are good promos! And if I can't max the price that's not the end of the world)

30 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

I think you bought very well there. The Toy Shop got negativity for being a remake but next Christmas  I see you easily getting £90 / £95 on a £65 buy in.

whats tor view on the freebies though? I got a load but they havnt performed as well as I'd expected.

24in1 hard to shift too.

(not complaining as I think they are good promos! And if I can't max the price that's not the end of the world)

I tend to go for a 1 year hold on freebies, unless you're one of the first out of the gate it's just a race to the bottom.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

Both my 42068 Technic ARV (£50.50) and free 70902 Catwoman cycle just arrived in mint condition from Amazon UK. I'll now keep those and give my slightly tattier ones from LEGO as Xmas presents ;-)

5 hours ago, andyposterfan said:

24in1 hard to shift too.

Trying to move the freebies locally for cash

so far

both 24 in 1s gone for £10 each

1 nutcracker for £20

and yeah, the toy shop will get close to £100 next Christmas I think. Was already going for 85-90 when out of stock a few weeks ago

Edited by GregP

11 minutes ago, GregP said:

Trying to move the freebies locally for cash

so far

both 24 in 1s gone for £10 each

1 nutcracker for £20

and yeah, the toy shop will get close to £100 next Christmas I think. Was already going for 85-90 when out of stock a few weeks ago

Got my three £67 Claas Xerions from Asda, all in good condition. The boxes they use sure aren't easy to open though.

• Like 4

Picked up my UCS MF. You should have seen the looks of people in the LEGO store as I walked out with the behemoth-sized box. One customer, when told that the store no longer was taking names for the wait list, proclaimed 'JESUS!'.

I probably could of flipped it in the parking garage for double my money...

36 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

interesting.. does anyone think that to the day there were more than 1,000 UCS MF handed / delivered over - worldwide... ?

Last week's US shipment alone was in the 2k ballpark. Just between the weekly shipments and legolands shipments in us plus however many sold online it would be well over 10k in us alone. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jaylay said:

how can we buy the Falcon nowadays?  is it only in store with a waiting list?  will there ever be a wide release?  restocked on LEGO Shop at Home?

I was at the Lego store last night and for what's it worth I overheard an employee tell two customers the initial release of the new UCS Falcon in the U.S. was 5,000 and the next release will be in February 2018.

This discussion probably belongs in the 75192 thread.

• Like 2

Used lot locally for $250. Spotted the AT-AT (needed one to go with the AoH I just picked up) and a few other winners in the photos, but theres even more than I expected. Most of the sets are 90%+ assembled, though some are completely disassembled. It might take me all of 2018 to sort through it all at my pace, but I'm looking forward to it!

• 8075 Atlantis Neptune Carrier 
  • 4204 City The Mine
  • 7738 City Coast Guard Helicopter and Life Raft
  • 4203 City Excavator Transporter
  • 4643 City Powerboat Transporter
  • 5770 Creator Lighthouse Island
  • 7623 Indiana Jones Temple Escape 
  • 9473 Lord of the Rings The Mines of Moria
  • 79008 Lord of the Rings Pirate Ship Ambush
  • 9463 Monster Fighters The Werewolf 
  • 9464 Monster Fighters Vampyre Hearse 
  • 9467 Monster Fighters The Ghost Train
  • 2509 Ninjago Earth Dragon Defense 
  • 9441 Ninjago Kai’s Blade Cycle
  • 2504 Ninjago Spinjitzu Dojo
  • 2508 Ninjago Skull Truck 
  • 9444 Ninjago Cole’s Tread Assault
  • 7974 Space Police Galactic Enforcer 
  • 9571 Space Police Gold Heist
  • 9572 Space Police Container Heist
  • 7014 Star Wars Clone Walker Battle Pack 
  • 7668 Star Wars Rebel Scout Speeder 
  • 7748 Star Wars Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
  • 7749 Star Wars Echo Base
  • 7930 Star Wars Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship 
  • 7931 Star Wars T-6 Jedi Shuttle
  • 8016 Star Wars Hyena Droid Bomber
  • 8036 Star Wars Separatist Shuttle
  • 8038 Star Wars The Battle of Endor
  • 8085 Star Wars General Grievous Starfighter
  • 8129 Star Wars AT-AT Walker 
  • 7669 Star Wars Anakin’s Jedi Starfighter 
  • 79011 The Hobbit Dol Goldur Ambush

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

The boxes they use sure aren't easy to open though.

Haha. I've never been more confused by a box. Got my 42069 after they originally cancelled my order then had it back in stock the next day at £20 more. Called them up and they sent me a £20 voucher to order it again and take it down to the previous price. Pretty impressed by the customer service, doubt I would have got that from Tesco.

Edited by Rog

Bought a number of deep marked down sets that folks left on the shelf from the final wave of WM clearance in a nearby store:

1x 70914 Bane Toxic Truck attack $5

1x 75166 First Order Battle Pack $1

1x 41132 Friends Party Shop $5

2 x 41307 Olivia's Creative Lab $3.50

1 x 10747 Junior's Andrea and Stephanie's Beach Holiday $11

2 x 41150 Moana Ocean Voyage $12.5

Edited by Mark Twain
  • Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Ok. Time to cleanup 

Good idea, I'm done. However, I'm quite tempted to post the receipt and that'll let the dogs out! ;-) All it states is what I bought today as per thread title, nothing more.