What Lego set did you buy today?

10 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

7x 75154 TIE Strikers at £22.97 each. I know it's Star Wars crap, but the RRP is £64.99 - LOL.

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 20.42.47.png

I'm covered by using a credit card anyway if it's too good to be true. Tesco 3-for-2... eat your heart out!

Anyone get their order cancelled?

On 25/11/2017 at 11:15 PM, TabbyBoy said:

It's been quite a day. Ordered the following:

30x 60150 Pizza Van @ £7.20 (RRP £14.99) each from JD Williams using various codes and cashback.

65x 60134 Bus Station @ £19.99 (RRP £39.99) from John Lewis.

73x 10804 DUPLO Jungle @ £17.99 (RRP £44.99) from John Lewis. I wiped them out as these babies are my deal of the year so far! I'm flipping the lot as soon as I collect them.

Duplo is a dark horse and I remember buying 10552 Creative Cars also from John Lewis @ £4.99 about 3yrs ago and sold all 50 the next Xmas for £24.99 each.

You got the pizza vans yet? What do you think of JD packaging?

Guest TabbyBoy
22 minutes ago, roxio said:

You got the pizza vans yet? What do you think of JD packaging?

Not yet, but they're "on their way" and they should arrive at the pick-up point (local Budgens) within another week. It's a slow process, but I don't care if the condition is good. I'll report back once I receive them. They could only send 28 as 2 were cancelled. Some greedy bugger must've bought all the rest! ;-) I have a load of Friends Riding Clubs on their way from JDW too. Pizza Vans won't be investor sets so I'm not too anal about boxes.

Everything else from John Lewis has been collected and is all in mint condition.

Edited by TabbyBoy
cock-up

With regards to jdw packaging I had some riding clubs delivered earlier this week. At first I was worried as they came in a bag, however upon opening each set was in its own cardboard box.  I had the same with some polys I ordered.  All in their own individual padded envelopes.  I wonder if they just pack them as they receive them for easier shipping.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

With regards to jdw packaging I had some riding clubs delivered earlier this week. At first I was worried as they came in a bag, however upon opening each set was in its own cardboard box.  I had the same with some polys I ordered.  All in their own individual padded envelopes.  I wonder if they just pack them as they receive them for easier shipping.

That's encouraging, thanks for letting us know. How long did you have to wait since ordering? The Riding Clubs are going to be a nice little earlier at around £20 each ;-)

Not exactly bought today, but I got a 10026 UCS Naboo Starfighter in some Goodwill lots I bought. Good news is, I had no idea it was there when I bought the lot, bad news, it's not complete. So I was looking at the parts list, trying to figure out if it was worth trying to complete it. I was suddenly wondering why is the light gray wedge 6x2 right like 10% of the value of the left one. They should be equally as rare only appearing in this set and the UCS Snowspeeder.

3 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I was suddenly wondering why is the light gray wedge 6x2 right like 10% of the value of the left one. They should be equally as rare only appearing in this set and the UCS Snowspeeder.

Sometimes someone is getting such parts directly from the factory. This leads to a mismatch between the amount of paired parts.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Sometimes someone is getting such parts directly from the factory. This leads to a mismatch between the amount of paired parts.

LEGO bricks suffer a lot of colour inconsistencies these days, especially grey and yellow pieces. I've had to send my last Caterham 7 back to LEGO as there were so many difference shades of Yellow that it looked ridiculous. For that reason, I'm not buying C7 to invest as I may be getting returns. At least the Yellow Submarine has bits of Orange to make it less obvious and the QA seems a lot better with this set. C'mon LEGO, sort yourseves out otherwise Booger-Bricks will win (their colours are better too!).

6 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

yeah, but we're talking the old grey here. I doubt that anyone has new old stock of that they're getting from the factory. Plus it being a part/color combo only found in 2 expensive sets, it seems weird that one side is $7+ and the other is $.70.

21 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

That's encouraging, thanks for letting us know. How long did you have to wait since ordering? The Riding Clubs are going to be a nice little earlier at around £20 each ;-)

I ordered them the first time they were  posted on here at half price. 

Didn't get all the extra discounts that you found but at 50% off I should be ok. I'm just glad that most of your bulk buys are also sold in bulk :lol:

1 minute ago, thoroakenfelder said:

yeah, but we're talking the old grey here. I doubt that anyone has new old stock of that they're getting from the factory. Plus it being a part/color combo only found in 2 expensive sets, it seems weird that one side is $7+ and the other is $.70.

I have mentioned the past and not today production. Another explanation - someone has made a big LEGO project in the past and had needed only the one sided part. So this part became more expensive after...

3 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

BEDQ1xG.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10x 10704 @ $18 each. Found an end-cap full of damaged ones still at the BF price at one of my WMs. Dept.Mgr gave 10% off. Not a problem as I'm parting these out. 

Now what's the easiest way to get my pickups canceled and my money back on the ones I ordered on BF?

Edited by Phil B

On 29/11/2017 at 8:46 PM, TabbyBoy said:

7x 75154 TIE Strikers at £22.97 each. I know it's Star Wars crap, but the RRP is £64.99 - LOL.

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 20.42.47.png

I'm covered by using a credit card anyway if it's too good to be true. Tesco 3-for-2... eat your heart out!

Just got an email saying that my order of these has been cancelled due to a seller pricing error. Oh well.

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Just got an email saying that my order of these has been cancelled due to a seller pricing error. Oh well.

I got the same too! It's an omen for me to avoid Star Wars sets.

How would we leave NEGATIVE feedback for this seller.

Pricing error my arse!