What Lego set did you buy today?

36 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

It all depends on quantity right? If we are dealing with 1-2 then possible to get for 90%off but again how many different set ever get there?

getting for 90%off or 100%off is sure win strategy if one can scale. Having said that until recently all purchases of mine are at RRP. And I guess that's my problem that I have more DUDs than successes.

Well buying for RRP for investment purpose is not a good thing to do nowadays. I aim for at least 30% off but then I categorized the set as a homerun.

4 hours ago, Val-E said:

So, a year from now  will we all be complaining about the lack of appreciation of these two over hoarded sets, except for Tabby who will sold them for 2 quid profit per item within a week to the local school?

Thats the "issue" with this set even at 55% off.  I got them too, multiple orders.  So has everyone else.

Similar to Ghostbusters & Dr Who last year.  We all bought at the same (easy to find) discounted price.  You will make profit but it wont appreciate properly until the hoard has unloaded.  TBBT is doing better (havent sold one yet) as it wasnt as hoarded like the other ideas set.   Scooby Doo Lighthouse is doing better compared to the van or mansion.

Can this be classed as a "buy today"as well.  I was doing an inventory of stuff in my sisters attic and i've just found lots more of the Indominus Rex sets.  I thought i only had the 20 in my brothers attic and another 10 in my attic left.  This has been doubled. ?  Been selling at around  £200.  Time to up it to £225.   To think i was going to flip these for £150 last year but decided not to.
Also found lots of Hunted Lighthouses.

4 minutes ago, MoHu said:

Can this be classed as a "buy today"as well.  I was doing an inventory of stuff in my sisters attic and i've just found lots more of the Indominus Rex sets.  I thought i only had the 20 in my brothers attic and another 10 in my attic left.  This has been doubled. 1f60d.png  Been selling at around  £200.  Time to up it to £225.   To think i was going to flip these for £150 last year but decided not to.
Also found lots of Hunted Lighthouses.

#powersellerproblems

I sold off my 2, and there are definitely no other copies anywhere :)

Oh, and to stay on topic (and keep the mods happy) I bought one of the discounted PCs from Amazon for myself for Christmas.

Edited by Sfcommando14
  • Like 3

Well in Mexico this weekend was the Mexican version of Black Friday, it is called Good Weekend ("Buen Fin" in Spanish). It was established about 5 years and it is getting better each year.... people are caching up to the hype of a sales weekend and the business are competing more aggressively to capture the sales....

I got 4 Ideas Doctor Who 21304, I got them for $750 Pesos each, that is about  $40 USD Each tax included.... also I found IDEAS Wall-E's  21303 at 56 USD tax included, but passed on those I have plenty, these were at a toy Store that carries Ideas sets, and obviously most people that love Lego in Mexico do not know.

Also I bought 3 SW Slave 1 UCS 75060 at another store that had them at $150 USD each Tax included, not bad for a set that is not on sale pretty often. and also I got a POTC Silent Mary 71042 for $140 USD tax included... Not bad for picking them up at the stores and choosing mint boxes... ;) 

Edited by boliramirez
  • Like 7

Guest TabbyBoy
26 minutes ago, GregP said:

Death Star for £287.99 from Smyths

For personal build

What is Smyths packing like or did you collect? I've never had anything delivered from there before - thanks.

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, GregP said:

I collected

The orders I have had delivered and been pretty good tbh.

Cheers, I'll add them to my Black Friday homepage ;-)

On 20/11/2017 at 2:20 PM, Scatterbug said:

2 x Elves Fire Dragon's Lava Cave and Speed Champions Ford GT, £18 ea (Tesco 3 for 2).

Ford set is nice but still has at least a year before retirement ?

Went for the Camaro set, already retired and worked out at 50%

10 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Bought Ninjago City (plus gingerbread man) for £216.67, thanks to the recent cashback offers. Slightly annoying that the cashback excluded VAT (unlike TRU), but I did already know that.

so the cashback worked for you at least, mine is still zero on pending and qualified :/

47 minutes ago, Shewie said:

so the cashback worked for you at least, mine is still zero on pending and qualified :/

Yeah, it took a couple of days, but it eventually worked. TRU were much quicker. I got cashback about 10 minutes after ordering a Detective's Office (same day, this last week has been very expensive for me).

Edited by Captain_chaos

The $10 bag of Lego my wife bought about a month ago (picture 1 below) that contained an almost complete Star Wars 75048 The Phantom (missing the minfig only and 1 other piece) also had over 60% of the 75053The Ghost as well.  Well, I decided to order the rest of The Ghost since I had most of the major pieces.  All of the pieces are finally here from multiple BrickLink orders!  Onto building next...

IMG_20171021_143340343.jpg

DSC00097 - Resized.jpg

DSC00098 - Resized.jpg

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 9