What Lego set did you buy today?

On 13/11/2017 at 9:32 PM, Captain_chaos said:

Also used the £5 off paypal voucher code. Still have the £10 off £60 to use as well, but can't have them all in the same order. A potential additional 20 % may be forthcoming, using the method which must not be named.

In addition to that, I bought a Brick Bank from TRU, with £5 off, £10 gift card for spending £100, free minifigure set, and again, a potential 20% back.

The T&C's for getting the 20% back seem to suggest that using another voucher code might void it working. Assume you'd be fine with the snowglobe one, but did the Toys R Us offer go through even after using the £5 off voucher?

My wife got sent a 15% off code for LEGO.com, so wondering if I could stack that with the 20% cashback. For now I've ordered a Caterham with a free Snowglobe and 24 in 1 Build, plus 20% back. Nice deal.

15 minutes ago, jackanape said:

The T&C's for getting the 20% back seem to suggest that using another voucher code might void it working. Assume you'd be fine with the snowglobe one, but did the Toys R Us offer go through even after using the £5 off voucher?

My wife got sent a 15% off code for LEGO.com, so wondering if I could stack that with the 20% cashback. For now I've ordered a Caterham with a free Snowglobe and 24 in 1 Build, plus 20% back. Nice deal.

I received TRU cashback even though I used the £5 off voucher, and have done in the past as well. As for LEGO Shop at Home, I'm not sure, which is why I was careful to place an order that did not rely on cashback to be a good deal.

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

Should the snow globe appear in your basket once the O2 code is applied? Used it for a back ordered Saturn V so perhaps that is the issue.

Yes, both times mine appeared in the basket and now both "in warehouse". You can only use each code once, but luckily my girlfriend has her iPad on O2 and she hates LEGO ;-)

You need to be quick as good O2 deals are often gone within a couple of days, especially now that it's on HUKD.

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Yes, both times mine appeared in the basket and now both "in warehouse". You can only use each code once, but luckily my girlfriend has her iPad on O2 and she hates LEGO ;-)

You need to be quick as good O2 deals are often gone within a couple of days, especially now that it's on HUKD.

It didn't appear for my order - perhaps they've run out? Queried with Lego CS anyway.

Went for a London Bus for my dearest mother for Christmas with the O2 code, the free 20 in 1 set, and in theory 20% cashback, however last year at around this time I ordered some stuff from Argos at 20% and that never tracked so we will see.

Just need to hassle some more friends for more O2 codes, no-one bloody uses O2 any more!

Edited by Rog

IMG_0885.thumb.JPG.a30ae137333cadff92a0b9e23dd29b7f.JPG

I bought 12 sets across 4 B&N's for a total cost of $30. All the big sets had gone (and I'm glad I pre-emptatively bought 2x21120 and 1x41039 at 60% off last weekend). 2x41110 Friends Bday Party, 5x Mighty Micros, 2x Friends Archery Practice, 1x Party Train, 1x Jungle Bike and 1 Angry Birds Piggy Escape just because. Using a 10% discounted GC and the member discount meant 80% off.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

I bought 12 sets across 4 B&N's for a total cost of $30. All the big sets had gone (and I'm glad I pre-emptatively bought 2x21120 and 1x41039 at 60% off last weekend). 2x41110 Friends Bday Party, 5x Mighty Micros, 2x Friends Archery Practice, 1x Party Train, 1x Jungle Bike and 1 Angry Birds Piggy Escape just because. Using a 10% discounted GC and the member discount meant 80% off.

Obligatory haul pic from today:

IMG_20171115_172828.thumb.jpg.27727abc4731e67697029f746030c083.jpg

2x 41119 from Amazon - $7 each

1x 60134 from KMart - $0 after points, 50% off clearance and 5% off toys coupon

1x 31058 from KMart - $8.99+tax after points - for personal collection, and gained $15 in points for December

4x Mighty Micros (1x75064,1x75065,2x75066) from B&N - $2 each after 75% off, 10% off member, 10% off GC

2x 41110 from B&N - $4 each after 75% off, 10% member, 10% off GC

1x 41111 from B&N - ripped box, might be for personal build - $2 after 75% off, 10% member, 10% off GC

1x 41032 from B&N - box a bit worse for wear - $3 after 75% off, 10% member, 10% off GC

2x 41120 from B&N - one with a slighty damaged box - $2 each after 75% off, 10% member, 10% off GC

1x 75821 from B&N - $2.75 after 75% off, 10% member, 10% off GC - received $0.13 in cash as that was the remaining balance on my GC, and for some reason B&N's registers are programmed to return any GC balance under $1 as cash. Weird, and not what I wanted, but hey.

• Like 2

Using accumulated points from my energy supplier I got a 31062 Creator 3in1 Robo Explorer for free.

(I could choose from a whole range of sets, for a variety of points values, but think this Robo Explorer is at the very least an excellent birthday gift).

And I bought a 41175 Elves Fire Dragon Lava Cave for €25 (RRP at €45) since it's about to go retired. :) 

Edited by Haay

9 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

303 pieces for $60?  TRU tax or not, Lego has jumped the shark with their prices.  

There are definitely some large heavy pieces in there between the cockpit, blades, and both types of large rock pieces, plus a bear.

but dang........

It would be interesting to see if the weight / price was at least reasonable.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Thanos75 said:

Found this on the shelf today at TRU.

IMAG0381.jpg

19 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

303 pieces for $60?  TRU tax or not, Lego has jumped the shark with their prices.  

9 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

There are definitely some large heavy pieces in there between the cockpit, blades, and both types of large rock pieces, plus a bear.

but dang........

It would be interesting to see if the weight / price was at least reasonable.

But don’t you guys see the added value! It comes with two bears not one! 

• Haha 2