What Lego set did you buy today?

30 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Grand Emporium for £127.50. Stage 1 is of unknown completeness, and missing its instruction booklet, but stages 2 and 3 are still fully in sealed bags. I've checked and they are all there (and the instructions, but they're out of shot). I'll go through stage 1, find out what pieces are missing, bricklink them, then build the whole thing for myself.

G7bW4iU.jpg?1

I was looking at that earlier, good buy mate.

We're going away for Xmas so my parents gave the kids some money for presents ... we went to the LEGO store today to get the train station for our xmas village and we of course walked out with a bunch of stuff.

Receipt 1

- Train Station
- Ninjago Movie display case
- A couple new keychains
- Road plate pack with the curve.. was short one!
- Free Advent Calendar

Receipt 2

- Minecraft Ice Spikes & Ocean Monument
- Speed Champs Bugatti, Mclaren, Camaro Drag Race and 2016 Ford GT & 1966 Ford GT40.
- Free Store VIP Polybag

^ Would have probably got the Corvette and Audi but weren't on the shelves.

When I asked the cashier for 2 receipts so we could separate what the kids owed us from their money, my partner glares at me and says "what's the point, just put it all on one we can figure it out." Knowing how stingy our store can be with promo sets, I knew making two separate purchases this large would be good enough....  but wasn't going to say that at the register. She eventually did figure it out and apologized outside after. Rookie!

(Edit - if anyone's looking to unload a set of Ninjago Movie Minifgures let me know :)).

• Like 5

17 hours ago, John82 said:

I was looking at that earlier, good buy mate.

I've been through the first stage, and there is quite a lot missing!

As well as the #1 instruction booklet, 4 minifigs are AWOL, and an additional 212 (!) pieces that I need to Bricklink (which doesn't include some that I had spares of). My guess is that it'll set me back about £40, though I haven't properly checked this.

A once in a blue moon occurrence: A new to eBay Seller who wouldn't post this box of bulk and lives 15 mins up the road for me.

For $30, I got:

5771 Hillside House, sound brick still working and mostly complete

4204 The Mine, missing a couple of common pieces

60001 Fire Chief car, complete

4431 Ambulance, probably missing minifigures

7957 Sith Nightspeeder, complete

Also found

21003 Seattle Space Needle, complete but no instructions

2254 Mountain Shrine, complete no instructions

10701 XL Grey baseplate, and most awesomely

an unbroken plastic tub

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 5

Went back to my local kmart (and by local I mean 20 minute drive) the other day and picked up some scraps!

x1 Volcano Helicopter $15.00 (70% off)

x6 70337 Ultimate Lance $2.00 (80% off)

x3 Minecraft The Nether Fortress $24.00 (70% off)

x2 Jungle Halftrack Mission $12.00 (70% off)

x6 Jungle ATV $FREE (100% off)

The employees didn't even bother scanning the promo item this time around, they just gave me one with each transaction. Up to 22 now over the last few weeks. Loving that little set! Left a few more clearance items for the 75% off sale (predicted to be during black Friday), a few nexo sets, some star wars and minecraft remain at mine.

At target I picked up a bunch of Santa Polybags and Christmas trees for the holiday season.

Overall pretty good haul

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MinifigW said:

Went back to my local kmart (and by local I mean 20 minute drive) the other day and picked up some scraps!

x1 Volcano Helicopter $15.00 (70% off)

x6 70337 Ultimate Lance $2.00 (80% off)

x3 Minecraft The Nether Fortress $24.00 (70% off)

x2 Jungle Halftrack Mission $12.00 (70% off)

x6 Jungle ATV $FREE (100% off)

The employees didn't even bother scanning the promo item this time around, they just gave me one with each transaction. Up to 22 now over the last few weeks. Loving that little set! Left a few more clearance items for the 75% off sale (predicted to be during black Friday), a few nexo sets, some star wars and minecraft remain at mine.

At target I picked up a bunch of Santa Polybags and Christmas trees for the holiday season.

Overall pretty good haul

Are you willing to share the DCPI on the Santa poly? Is it just their generic poly one?

10 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

Are you willing to share the DCPI on the Santa poly? Is it just their generic poly one?

Santa Polybag 30478 scans as 204-00-0013 - generic

And while we're at it...

204-00-2163   City 5-in-1

086-14-1082   Friends 5-in-1

20171110_163041.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went to my local Kmart that’s closing. It’s the first time I’ve been in since they started liquidation. They still have tons of sets, but they’ve only been discounted by 25% in the original prices were marked up. I left empty-handed and in banking on them dropping the prices further

• Like 1