What Lego set did you buy today?

4 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Know what you mean, I hated selling my At-At's and Star Destroyers for double my money last year after less than a year holding, hated it, really got my goat :D

These sets will be around for  while and the buy-in was not that great. What´s the rush?

Guest TabbyBoy
29 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

3 x 75105 MF in the Argos 3 for 2 for £66 each (includes 1% cashback, woop). I'm aware that this set is more hoarded than grain before winter, but I think that's as low as it's going to get before it retires (presuming another Tesco glitch is unlikely).

BTW... Do you know if you can get Sainsbury's Nectar points also since they now work with Argos?

1 hour ago, Captain_chaos said:

3 x 75105 MF in the Argos 3 for 2 for £66 each (includes 1% cashback, woop). I'm aware that this set is more hoarded than grain before winter, but I think that's as low as it's going to get before it retires (presuming another Tesco glitch is unlikely).

This is one set I've avoided. I've no confidence in lego retiring it and not re-releasing a new han solo story version next year.

If they don't it could be a solid winner but I'm not risking shelfspace on it.

Guest TabbyBoy
19 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

This is one set I've avoided. I've no confidence in lego retiring it and not re-releasing a new han solo story version next year.

I agree. I paid £30 each for mine instore at Tesco last year and recently struggled to get £50 cash for them locally. A turkey in the making?

49 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

18 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The Han Solo one is confirmed. It will be blue so how that affect this one, I am not sure,

I'm not really concerned. There will be a fair amount of time between this retiring and the new one being available at large discounts. I only seek modest returns. I'll be happy well before this returns to RRP (though of course the higher the better).

4 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

I'm not really concerned. There will be a fair amount of time between this retiring and the new one being available at large discounts. I only seek modest returns. I'll be happy well before this returns to RRP (though of course the higher the better).

You´ll be in a similar situation to 7965. The best time to sell that one was in May as then rumours came of September 75105 and values plunged. Difference is the new one is out in May and the pics will come very soon. Plus there is a lot of stock hoarded. I don´t know how it will pan out but there is a risk.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Val-E said:

You´ll be in a similar situation to 7965. The best time to sell that one was in May as then rumours came of September 75105 and values plunged. Difference is the new one is out in May and the pics will come very soon. Plus there is a lot of stock hoarded. I don´t know how it will pan out but there is a risk.

It's OK, I have 8 75150s so I'm already used to the smell of turds. I was originally intending to split them, not invest, then all the failed investors decided to do that instead.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Val-E said:

well said there is a huge shadow inventory of 75105. i remember buying at 40% off from few desperate sellers on 01/2017. i will look forward to similar opportunity in coming months. this time looking for 65% to 70% off.

2 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

well said there is a huge shadow inventory of 75105. i remember buying at 40% off from few desperate sellers on 01/2017. i will look forward to similar opportunity in coming months. this time looking for 65% to 70% off.

Exactly, people still havw them from last Xmas. A lot will depend on whether it sells out at SAH, Amazon, TRU etc. If it doesn´t there will be an incredibly short window to sell up.

Thanks Chinese counterfeiters for bursting that bubble.

I've only started reselling this year, so my standards are low. If I get buy-in + 50% back after 2 years, that's still way better than the money sitting in a bank account getting below-inflation interest. If this set isn't even worth £110 - £120 two years after retirement I'll eat the boxes.

I have flipping to tide me over in the mean time, which is what has served me well so far.

• Like 1

Just now, Captain_chaos said:

I'm thinking beyond just cereal. I could fry them up and serve them in an omelette. I'll have to decide on a recipe closer to the time, if they really perform that terribly.

If they were packaged in Weetabix, would you even be able to tell the difference with or without milk?

8 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

I'm thinking beyond just cereal. I could fry them up and serve them in an omelette. I'll have to decide on a recipe closer to the time, if they really perform that terribly.

Cool, I finally get a chance to use this meme, spelling mistakes and all.

THIS-STEAK-IS-k1riyg.jpg

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I just collected my 9x 70618 Destinys Bounty and 39x 41175 Lava Dragon from Tesco via 3-for-2. This delicious ship is incredible value even at RRP and I really cleaned up on the 41176 Secret Market Places from last year so 41175 was certainly worth a punt at only £18.66 each vs RRP of £39.99. I don't know why, but I see a lot of appeal in the Elves sets with dragons.

Yes... I'm back! But, I being a lot more careful this time round.

13 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I just collected my 9x 70618 Destinys Bounty and 39x 41175 Lava Dragon from Tesco via 3-for-2. This delicious ship is incredible value even at RRP and I really cleaned up on the 41176 Secret Market Places from last year so 41175 was certainly worth a punt at only £18.66 each vs RRP of £39.99. I don't know why, but I see a lot of appeal in the Elves sets with dragons.

Yes... I'm back! But, I being a lot more careful this time round.

2d92xyv.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Quacs unfeatured this topic