What Lego set did you buy today?

5 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

You need to relook at your promo sale prices if you think that's £45, then you're doing something wrong. More like Caterham for a tenner.

Well, if he was selling on Amazon it would be something like minus 50 for the Caterham. In the real world, 40223 is going for 25-30 euros and the other one less than 15, so in pounds he was more or less accurate. Or did I miss something?

Edited by Val-E

Just now, Val-E said:

Well, if he was selling on Amazon it would be something like minus 50 for the Caterham. In the real world, 40223 is going for 25-30 euros and the other one less than 20 so in pounds he was more or less accurate. Or did I miss something?

Sold a 40223 for €40 cash on Saturday, so yeah, prices are a little on the low side.

Guest TabbyBoy
48 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

So a caterham for about £45 then

I'm thinking nearer £30 as I'll sell the Snow Globe probably next year and combine the 2017 24-in-1 set with the 2016 24-in-1 set. There's also another "incentive" in the UK that I daren't mention in public which could make it £20 if it works out ;-)

If any of you have an O2 phone, remember to search for "LEGO" regularly in the O2 Priority app as it's not always listed when you open the app. Don't dilly-dally as the HUKD brigade will be all over it by now. Sometimes they're even stupid enough to post their voucher codes too - LOL.

14 hours ago, lazuli16 said:

What I was trying to say was that you put it in the wrong thread.

Even though he didn't pay for it, I put it in the what did you buy thread because I didn't know where else to put it .. probably worthy of it's own thread instead of being buried in these massive threads.

order.thumb.jpg.a65b72e145f7a48e413cfcb3fc691b67.jpg

Also used the £5 off paypal voucher code. Still have the £10 off £60 to use as well, but can't have them all in the same order. A potential additional 20 % may be forthcoming, using the method which must not be named.

In addition to that, I bought a Brick Bank from TRU, with £5 off, £10 gift card for spending £100, free minifigure set, and again, a potential 20% back.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I bought another Caterham 7 as I forgot that my girlfriend used O2 on her iPad, another Snow Globe and 24-in-1 "in warehouse" ;-)

18 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

Also used the £5 off paypal voucher code. Still have the £10 off £60 to use as well, but can't have them all in the same order. A potential additional 20 % may be forthcoming, using the method which must not be named.

In addition to that, I bought a Brick Bank from TRU, with £5 off, £10 gift card for spending £100, free minifigure set, and again, a potential 20% back.

The "other method" is legit, I got a reply back this morning saying that it's correct and will take a few days to appear. Sorry guys, too good a kick-back to miss ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Bought:
1 Used town hall with box and instructions $280us
Sold:
1 New town hall, $515us cash. Good trade.

Worth doing, I did the same with the modulars that I built and sold them too for a little profit.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I bought another Caterham 7 as I forgot that my girlfriend used O2 on her iPad, another Snow Globe and 24-in-1 "in warehouse" ;-)

The "other method" is legit, I got a reply back this morning saying that it's correct and will take a few days to appear. Sorry guys, too good a kick-back to miss ;-)

It's already appeared from TRU for me. Really good place to buy £100 + sets at the moment, and usually well-packaged for shipping.

Guest TabbyBoy

1x 42061 Telehandler & 1x 42068 ATV from LEGO with another 24-in-1 promo and Snow Globe (hopefully!). I also used up a £25 Technic voucher and the "mystery" 20% off also ;-) Unfortunately, I can't order any more Saturn V or WoM otherwise I'd go in really big.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Villager Chris said:

Lego Minecraft 21119 'The Dungeon'. £20 on Ebay.

It may be RRP and only just retired, but I feel that MInecraft will perform well over the next 18 to 24 months. 

Let's hope it doesn't go the same way as 21102 The Forest ;-)