What Lego set did you buy today?

Wonder Woman set for my DC minifigure collection.  

E4BCCCC9-B9FA-4F27-95A4-BBC33A572A43.jpeg

Not sure whether to include Ares in the collection or not - he looks a bit disappointing in pics.

Next up, Joker Manor once it’s released and the Justice League set minifigures before the oncoming crush of New LBTM minifigures coming in January.

• Like 2

I was able to find a 75171 Battle on Scarif set yesterday at TRU for 20% off plus a 40% coupon for $21.59 before tax.  I felt so lucky to find it because it was tucked behind some other sets and I found the coupon lying on a shelf.  The final total was $32.67 that included the 30497 First Order Heavy Assault Walker polybag, a juicy drop candy for my son, a pack of peanut M & M's for and $1 donation.  

I was hoping to get the free R3-M2 polybag with my purchase.  Instead the cashier have me this week's Bricktober set despite me pointing out twice I think I did not reach the spending threshold.  That set will be listed for sale!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Haay said:

59f6022e80a5e_Legoaankopen.thumb.JPG.fad2c731301cc622baec63f69d2acab1.JPG

I went to London with my family for a grand ol' time. Of course I also visited the Leicester Square Lego store, and a Toys'R'Us (which still had those TRU exclusive minifigures sets and the free Christmas tree promo thingy). And I managed to get 18 Lester minifigs as well for friends, colleagues and other interested people. :) The big boxes are all for my own collection! 

Funny to see how the mini London Bus was still sold at Leicester Square for 10 pounds with plenty of stock, while Hamleys was selling them for 15 pounds!

I got a good (30%) discount on the Disney Castle, Brick Bank, Snowspeeder and London Bus sets. For the Assembly Square (already cheaper in the UK than in The Netherlands) I used my saved up VIP points to get it down to 135 pounds, or about €155. :)  Disney Castle at 30% discount came down to 210 pounds, or €241 which is much cheaper than €350 in The Netherlands! 

All in all a great haul, even when I had to take those big boxes with me in the underground to get to the hotel where we were staying. :D 

Great haul! Is that 30% discount for BB a secret expert discount, or is it just on sale somewhere?

3 hours ago, Haay said:

I got a good (30%) discount on the Disney Castle, Brick Bank, Snowspeeder and London Bus sets. For the Assembly Square (already cheaper in the UK than in The Netherlands) I used my saved up VIP points to get it down to 135 pounds, or about €155. :)  Disney Castle at 30% discount came down to 210 pounds, or €241 which is much cheaper than €350 in The Netherlands! 

All in all a great haul, even when I had to take those big boxes with me in the underground to get to the hotel where we were staying. :D 

... you can't tease like that on the -30% off

!! 

3 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

Great haul! Is that 30% discount for BB a secret expert discount, or is it just on sale somewhere?

Neither. It's the 30% discount that a Lego employee gets when shopping in-store. They even get 50% discount when buying from LEGO Shop at Home ! And then they still get VIP points for their purchases as well. Through a contact I got a favour there. One time only, but I was really really happy with it! :) 

• Like 1