What Lego set did you buy today?

47 minutes ago, thedingman5 said:

Picked up TLBM minifig set from TRU. Was able to buy Ninjago week 1 Bricktober off the shelf and had that contribute to the $50 minimum.

Had 30+ Ninjago on the shelf and 8 TLBM at customer service (I'm sure more were available).

Probably not the best value, but glad to get the figs!!!

Love TRU. Ninjago is Week 1, City is Week 2, or so I was told. What week is printed on the TLBM set?

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, glostik said:

Ordered one set from shop @ home and got 3 promos - pleasant surprise

Cave People

Llyod

VIP Set

Were those extra 2 promos automatic or did you have to enter a code? It's just that the UK only seems to get the VIP promo - thanks. I wonder if it'll get something else in the box.

Pleeeeeeeease.... Not that damn parrot again!

These were on sale and I wanted something to display my Batman Movie mini's:
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Batman-Minifigure-Collector-Frame-853638
Bought 4 of them to get the free shipping, Ninjago poly and Cave peeps promos.

Hmmm, I see 20 pedestals for the 20 cmf figs but I’m wondering how many really can we fit in there for the other batman figs our there. Anyone know?

I went in pretty deep on the seasonals:

40260 Halloween Haunt x3
40261 Thanksgiving Harvest x3
40262 Christmas Train Ride x3
40263 Christmas Town Square x3
41591 Black Widow Brickheadz

Plus the 40178 VIP Set, 30609 Lloyd Minifig, and the Iconic Cave people freebies.

Honestly, all of this year's seasonal sets have been great so far.

I haven't purchased any used bulk lots for over a year, but stumbled upon two over the past two days locally on Craig's. First one had 17 sets, including every set from the new City Jungle theme, three of the larger Ninjago sets that were just released, a fire station, and some other random city sets. Paid $200 for everything. Retail new is $850 plus tax.

The second one included a Maersk Train 10219, a VW Bus, a Farnsworth House, and a brand new Van and Caravan 60117, and an airplane that I haven't identified yet (picture attached - please help). I paid $160 for those. Plenty of meat on the bone for resale down the road. These lots will be my winter project.

Can anyone identify the white, blue, and yellow airplane in the last picture?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_0677.JPG

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I haven't purchased any used bulk lots for over a year, but stumbled upon two over the past two days locally on Craig's. First one had 17 sets, including every set from the new City Jungle theme, three of the larger Ninjago sets that were just released, a fire station, and some other random city sets. Paid $200 for everything. Retail new is $850 plus tax.

The second one included a Maersk Train 10219, a VW Bus, a Farnsworth House, and a brand new Van and Caravan 60117, and an airplane that I haven't identified yet (picture attached - please help). I paid $160 for those. Plenty of meat on the bone for resale down the road. These lots will be my winter project.

Can anyone identify the white, blue, and yellow airplane in the last picture?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_0677.JPG

It is 31011 Creator Aviation Adventures

• Thanks 1

Today I ordered the first batch of parts for my next big project off of BL. One order down, probably several more to go. What's the project you ask? I'm BrickLinking what will eventually be a heavily customized version of everyone's latest favorite piece of eye candy; the 75192-1 Millennium Falcon. Currently I'm having excellent luck at it, as due to the sheer size of my existing Lego collection I already have between 55-70% of the parts needed for it. So far have spent roughly USD $48.10 on the build. Firmly expecting that to jump as things progress.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JHolland513 said:

Today I ordered the first batch of parts for my next big project off of BL. One order down, probably several more to go. What's the project you ask? I'm BrickLinking what will eventually be a heavily customized version of everyone's latest favorite piece of eye candy; the 75192-1 Millennium Falcon. Currently I'm having excellent luck at it, as due to the sheer size of my existing Lego collection I already have between 55-70% of the parts needed for it. So far have spent roughly USD $48.10 on the build. Firmly expecting that to jump as things progress.

Check out my store Mikes brick bin. I just parted out my bricklinked 10179 after buying the new one. May have some of what you need

After buying and selling 4 vintage castle sets last year from the late 1980’s/early 90’s I developed an avid interest in castle sets.  I parted ways with these sets because some had plastic bases (I am not a fan of them because of fading and cracking) and some of the sets were too small for my taste.

My interest only grew this summer after spending two days with my family in Lego Land California and seeing the castle themed area there.  I would go back just to stay in a castle themed hotel room when they open that section next year!

Today, after much research, I bought a used 7094 King’s Castle Siege that is complete, in great condition, has the instructions manuals and cost ~ $128 before shipping (~ $152 with shipping).  The dragon in that set is awesome! 

I lost out on sets on BrickLink after waiting too long to decide and the insanity of Ebay was not kind to me.  Victory is now mine and only $10 more than recent Ebay sales with shipping!

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 2

I have one of those TRU express's close to my town... so i've been bricktobering all their batman lego movie sets, and flipping them.   Overall, this weeks bricktober event has been a winner for me.  I heard in many areas they were sold out rather quickly, but these lingered in my area.  Haven't bought much over the last year, but deals like that I can't pass up.   So far, I purchased the following: Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter (got the promo), Hovertank & Yoda's Starfighter (priced matched online, got the promo and both sets are retiring soon), Twoface Double Demolition (they were selling it for 47.99 and I added a batman movie minifigure to take it over 50 which got me the promo), AT-ST & Carbon Freezing Chamber (Price matched online and got the last promo in the store)..

We'll keep one of the batman minifigure packs for ourselves since my son is a fan of that theme...   But, you can't beat spending around 230.00, yet selling 100.00 off with the promo as these are moving at 39.99 a pop on amazon.  By the end of it all, we added a lot of sets to our collection for a little over 130.00.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:33 PM, fossilrock said:

I have one of those TRU express's close to my town... so i've been bricktobering all their batman lego movie sets, and flipping them.   Overall, this weeks bricktober event has been a winner for me.  I heard in many areas they were sold out rather quickly, but these lingered in my area.  Haven't bought much over the last year, but deals like that I can't pass up.   So far, I purchased the following: Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter (got the promo), Hovertank & Yoda's Starfighter (priced matched online, got the promo and both sets are retiring soon), Twoface Double Demolition (they were selling it for 47.99 and I added a batman movie minifigure to take it over 50 which got me the promo), AT-ST & Carbon Freezing Chamber (Price matched online and got the last promo in the store)..

We'll keep one of the batman minifigure packs for ourselves since my son is a fan of that theme...   But, you can't beat spending around 230.00, yet selling 100.00 off with the promo as these are moving at 39.99 a pop on amazon.  By the end of it all, we added a lot of sets to our collection for a little over 130.00.

Yes, this week has been great, though it would have been nicer with some decent discounts at TRU.  I have bought a lot as well, with some for investment and finally grabbing the new Milano for me, some Elves sets for my daughter, and a couple of the sale SH/TLBM for the collection.  Clearing nearly $30 per pack makes for some good discount on a $50 purchase.

• Like 1