What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy

It's happened again!

The single 70618 Destiny's Bounty I ordered for my display arrived this afternoon with... another one! I rang CS to mentione it and I'm only being billed for one. They said, "you can keep the other one and sorry for any inconvenience" ;-) No factory box, just both in one of there expandable boxes with lots of airbags.

It looks fantastic and could be one of the best ships ever designed by LEGO. I lived in Hong Kong for over 3 years and I loved to see the Chinese junks which this reminds me of.

Result!

Good it be a good investment? Probably ;-)

Just now, TabbyBoy said:

It's happened again!

The single 70618 Destiny's Bounty I ordered for my display arrived this afternoon with... another one! I rang CS to mentione it and I'm only being billed for one. They said, "you can keep the other one and sorry for any inconvenience" ;-) No factory box, just both in one of there expandable boxes with lots of airbags.

It looks fantastic and could be one of the best ships ever designed by LEGO. I lived in Hong Kong for over 3 years and I loved to see the Chinese junks which this reminds me of.

Result!

Smyths have listed it as the number two toy this Christmas, can't hurt it's appeal. 

49 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's happened again!

Result!

It's a great build. It could be a winner but it depends what the shelf life is.

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

It's a great build. It could be a winner but it depends what the shelf life is.

Being a LEGO movie set, I can't see it lasting for that long. I've got the free one anyway if I want to make a few quid down the line.

I decided to start using up the discounted TRU gift cards that I bought for 20% in June. Today I picked up the 70615 Fire Mech for $55 and got the Ninjago Bricktober Minifig set and a poster for free. I am torn between using the rest of my gift cards for Destiny's Bounty or the Old Fishing Store. Next week I can get the DB in store and pick up the Batman Minifigs. Decisions... decisions.

• Like 1

So I was browsing Shopgoodwill last night and I saw this lot

image.png

I was confused why there were so many bags 4,5,6,7 but nothing else earlier. I was trying to figure out what it was. Meanwhile I was also looking at this lot

image.png

It took me forever to realize that this lot was only half the Death Star (I was thinking the whole thing was in there) with bags 2 and 3 unopened and the other half was in the other lot.

• Like 3

Boston Craigslist buy $150. The ladys ad listed for a week or so with only 2 small pictures and a vague description of what was in the lot. I finally after a week or so inquired about more pictures and being smoke free. She got back to me with a 3rd  picture of the books which was sort of underwhelming. She said she was going to update the ad with more pictures and info on how nice the condition is.  Good thing I checked the updated ad with multiple pictures showing this was a must buy at 2am this morning. I immediately sent an email saying I'd take the lot and I'd drive the 1.5 hrs to pick up. I was sure  by the time I got up at 6am someone else would of sniped it. Well that didn't happen which was great. She replied that we could meet at a TRU. Turns out her 16 yea rold son wanted a computer for school. 

I see some nice stuff. I'm sure most isn't complete but I really just wanted the train.

20171006_123748_resized.jpg

20171006_123744_resized.jpg

20171006_123738_resized.jpg

• Like 8

So I was browsing Shopgoodwill last night and I saw this lot
image.png.8dafef9490f4bf16adee52114e9ee283.png
I was confused why there were so many bags 4,5,6,7 but nothing else earlier. I was trying to figure out what it was. Meanwhile I was also looking at this lot
image.png.fd769526f48f4b9bc252489ffb38c44d.png
It took me forever to realize that this lot was only half the Death Star (I was thinking the whole thing was in there) with bags 2 and 3 unopened and the other half was in the other lot.

That's my big complaint about shopgoodwill.com. They mix lots. I have one local that I can pick up at. But I don't want to buy 3x 20 lb lots because they decided to split a Hogwarts castle in to 3 different boxes. And then they pull the minifigs out and sell them in jumbled lot as well.
  • Like 1

Just bought Insult on Hoth (75098). Feel a bit dirty, but they came up on eBay, with some box damage, for £139.99. Still a couple there actually, as of posting this.

That was always the price at which I said to myself that I'd go for it. Puts it more in line with the standard non-UCS sets that this thing really is.

• Like 3