What Lego set did you buy today?

Bought a 42062 Technic Container Yard from LEGO Shop at Home and got the two freebies (cavemen minifig set and build to learn set). I teach transportation at a university, and I'll use this set in class to depict the use of intermodal containers. It will go nicely with my Marrakech Triple-E and Maersk train. I also bought the Panama Canal set to build for class as well. My wife thinks I should hang the new UCS MF in my office as well when it comes out, but I'm trying to maintain a shred of professionalism in there. I already have my old Jabba the Hut vintage set in there from when I was a kid!

Bought a 42062 Technic Container Yard from LEGO Shop at Home and got the two freebies (cavemen minifig set and build to learn set). I teach transportation at a university, and I'll use this set in class to depict the use of intermodal containers. It will go nicely with my Marrakech Triple-E and Maersk train. I also bought the Panama Canal set to build for class as well. My wife thinks I should hang the new UCS MF in my office as well when it comes out, but I'm trying to maintain a shred of professionalism in there. I already have my old Jabba the Hut vintage set in there from when I was a kid!

*Maersk, not Marrakech!

1 hour ago, Lordoflego said:

Today on OfferUp. $70

would also be great if you guys could help identify them. Big technic is 8285, I see landspeeder but what about other 2 technic sets? Or the 'coast guard" city builds? Thanks. 

IMG_7536.JPG

IMG_7537.JPG

IMG_7538.JPG

IMG_7534.JPG

believe the yellow one is 8295

blue one should be 8273

Edited by ravenb99
  • Like 1

Just bought 3 copies of 75170 (The Phantom Mark II). Might buy more soon. I'm currently in the US on holiday, so I bought 3 of them from Walmart for $23.97 (Thanks Oregon for 0 sales tax). Compared to the UK RRP of £39.99, that's under half. I'll chuck the boxes and take the sets home with me. Might split them, might sell them whole. Not sure, but since they're very hard to get discounted in the UK (Smyths exclusive), it should be easy money.

• Like 1

I bought 24 Dimension packs (8 JW and 16 BTTF) for $50 on CL. 

I still find myself buying specific packs on the cheap for resale or to fulfill certain bundles/sets. About 8k in sales on the packs I purchased back in Feb...mostly level and team packs with enough fun packs to fulfill sets. Every dime reinvested for the most part. Have about 200 left.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

I still find myself buying specific packs on the cheap for resale or to fulfill certain bundles/sets. About 8k in sales on the packs I purchased back in Feb...mostly level and team packs with enough fun packs to fulfill sets. Every dime reinvested for the most part. Have about 200 left.

Congratulations. I was wrong in these :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerEyez said:

Found a Duplo Black Castle is a kid's consignment store for $35. Pics to follow when I get it built

Stop the presses, it's not a Black Castle, its a Knight' Castle and a Dark Tower.  Not totally complete.  Not the great deal I thought it was, but still some cool Duplo blocks for a good price for my daughter.

2 hours ago, LegoBro said:

I look occasionally on CL as well to see if there are any deals or opportunities to resell. I don't usually have any luck but this time I got lucky and scored. If these were any other of the lower selling packs I wouldn't have bought them.  You can't go wrong with BTTF and JW. These two were great sellers for me. 

8k is awesome! I bet you are very happy with the profit that you've made. I'm sure I have a least cleared 1k in profit since February but I need to calculate everything. I'm completely sold out of packs besides these 24 I just purchased. The gold rush on these packs were a great time and I enjoyed every minute of buying and selling these. I'm sure this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I'm glad that I was able to take part of it. 

Edited by legodelorean
  • Like 2

Started ordering wave 1 Architecture Skylines from Jet using the 15% deal for $17 a piece. First shipment of 3 Venice and 3 Berlin arrived with 3 Venice, 1 Berlin, and 2 US Capital Buildings. Both Capitals had warehouse UPC taped to them.

I thought it was premature to start buying up the US Capital, but for $18 i'm in for 2.  ?

• Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 0:58 PM, TigerEyez said:

Stop the presses, it's not a Black Castle, its a Knight' Castle and a Dark Tower.  Not totally complete.  Not the great deal I thought it was, but still some cool Duplo blocks for a good price for my daughter.

So does anybody have any black or dark gray Duplo blocks around they want to sell? Not much available in the US on BL. 

Did make this with the parts, though. My first MOC. 

IMG_4231.JPG

• Like 4

Does Lego store do this often?
Open box, all contents are there... selling for 500 VIP Pts.
Is it me or a crazy good deal?  Told my wife to grab it.
goKUX1-15079.jpg.e355db336c00f50a89c0aa50607b3d06.jpg

Weird price - don't they mean you buy it for full retail and you GET 500 VIP points? (So basically $25 back (aka 12.5% off) ?
  • Like 2

Timed this Kmart round of closing perfectly again. Stores that close first week of October hit 50% today and will drop 10% more each Thursday till closing.

I have to look into dates for the next round of stores. I believe the new 20+ close in December. Which would make the last Thursday of October 50% (give or take a week) I'll figure it out before then.

Everything 55% off (used 10% off and 25 back in points coupon)

ALSO if you use gift cards at a closing store they need paper (cannot scan from phone or manually type it in) I guess I'll save the GCs for the other store that's closing in 2 months.

de7ced8588470bc6344f9a9f4c24fa49.jpg

• Like 5