What Lego set did you buy today?

48 minutes ago, marcandre said:

This popped up on CL for $100 so I picked it up. Not a steal by any means but a cool set to have. May be good trade bait at some point. He had the 50 years of trains for $150 but I passed on that for now. 

001.JPG

That is a steal. The train set is amazing too...don't regret it later, go and get it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, marcandre said:

What did you end up paying for it?

I'm still figuring that out as I traded some sets from my stockroom (nothing special) and some other non-Lego items plus cash. All on all, when all things considered I got it for less than what people are paying for used ones.

• Like 2

After my best ever Sweeps week (~$22 in points this week alone) I was able to buy the following using only Sweeps winnings (and a $10 surprise points on $50 offer):

598ce94b34f65_Screenshotfrom2017-08-1019-13-20.png.d5d862476c97965649faabadd4ba2820.png

Gift Card was 6% discounted, so total out of pocket was $15.58 after tax. 76% off for a set that came out just last week, not bad. Personal purchase, so I'm okay with it not being free :)

Thank you uncle Eddie!

• Like 6

That woman has been selling tons of sealed lego at crazy prices. I haven't touched any of it because I'm not into buying stolen merchandise. To each their own.

Sounds like a credit card fraud scam. They go to the store, buy the sets using a stolen credit card, and then sell the sets fast for a below retail price.