What Lego set did you buy today?

Purchased the 42070 6x6 All Terrain Tow Truck for 108€ from a german department store chain, don't know if it was a price glitch, it isn't even released yet and the originial price from Lego is 250€. Still not quit sure what to think about that ?

Bought 2 Rebel Combat Frigate from Lego shop (bricks and mortar) for 50% off and as well as the free pig, also got 2 R3's thrown in as well. Assuming no Ashoka minifigure remake in short term this should be good for 100% return when this completely disappears.

52 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Bought 2 Rebel Combat Frigate from Lego shop (bricks and mortar) for 50% off and as well as the free pig, also got 2 R3's thrown in as well. Assuming no Ashoka minifigure remake in short term this should be good for 100% return when this completely disappears.

You'll make a good return on it because you got the pig, R3's and VIP points, be a while before the set itself makes a decent return on it's own though.

Then again, that seems to be one of my main buying tactics with LEGO Shop at Home this year.

Edited by Sprocket77

1 hour ago, Sprocket77 said:

You'll make a good return on it because you got the pig, R3's and VIP points, be a while before the set itself makes a decent return on it's own though.

Then again, that seems to be one of my main buying tactics with LEGO Shop at Home this year.

Breaking it out is probably the best way for this set in the short term (and maybe long term as well). The mini-figures sold separately today should allow me to break even.  Ashoka goes for about £35 alone. The ship on its own I've seen go for about £50.  Hence, £40 immediate return, and if you flip the Pig for another £15, then that's a 100% return.  Question is whether the set on it's own will get past RRP once this has completely disappeared.  Although the signs are good with my usual indicators to a set being a winner are good: 1) Not widely available - this is a TRU exclusive 2) not been discounted much 3) less than a year in production and 4) not overly hoarded (in my opinion) I honestly can't see this being as successful as the Ghost or Phantom and only good thing going for it are the Ashoka and agent Kallus mini-figures.  Hence, only have three.  Of which I will use one for MOCs and then see what happens in a years time with the other two.

A few recent buys:

75055 ISD used, complete for £57.50 - Already sold for £149.99.

75043 AT-AP, BNIB for £36

6210 Sail Barge BNISB for £100

A few 75099 Rey's Speeders for an average of about £6.50 each

7259 ARC-170 SF BNISB for £28.50

7669 Anakin's Jedi SF BNISB for £28.50

10174 UCS AT-ST BNIB for £214. Not sure whether to sell this or build it. I'm having a crisis of heart vs head. If I open and build it, it'll probably be worth about what I just paid for it, whereas I'm sure I can sell it for well into the £300s if I leave it in the sealed bags. Might sit on this for a little bit. 

Also just bought 75050 B-Wing for £50 (to build). Didn't buy it when it was out as I already had 6208, but have since changed my mind. Got 75105 MF BNIB (badly damaged box) for £60, not sure if I'll build or not since I have 7965, and got 75081 for £24, also to build. The tusken raider swings it, since I don't want to buy the new landspeeder, given that I already have 75052.

It was a pricing error at KARSTADT (german retailer) available for about half an hour yesterday.
My theory is they set both 42070 and 42069 at the price of 42069 by mistake.

I'm not sure how many of these are getting shipped though, but apparently some were lucky...image.thumb.png.430d48748559f54639c8901c77c01cd8.png

Edited by Feanor

Not all today, but in the last week at Wal-Mart:

2x 70909 Batcave Break-in: $20 each (!!!)

2x 75170 The Phantom: $17 each

1x 75152 Imperial Assault Hovertank: $17  

5x  75162 - Y-Wing Microfighter: $5 each

5x 75163 Krennic's Imperial Shuttle Microfighter: $5 each

5x 76071 Mighty Micros Spider-Man vs. Scorpion: $5 each

5x 76073 Mighty Micros Wolverine vs. Magneto: $5 each

K-mart:

1x 75170 Phantom:  Free

1x 75166 FO Transport Speeder Battle Pack: Free

Didn't buy (I know, I know, there's another thread for this.):  Multiples of pretty much every other set on Wal-Mart clearance from this round, with the exception of the Quad-Jumper, which I haven't seen on clearance (and wouldn't buy for $35 if I did).

• Like 2

On 7/19/2017 at 10:43 PM, Fenix_2k1 said:

To quote Monty Python "you lucky, lucky b^^^ard" This applies to both of the last 2 posts.

Those £9 Hulk vs Red Hulk arrived as Mighty Micro Spiderman vs Scorpions. Too good to be true eh. Lets see how they respond. Think I'll start writing my bad review now.

Edited by Sprocket77