What Lego set did you buy today?

4 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Picked this up from the same guy I got the other ucs sets from. It was on hold when I picked up the others but the guy no showed. Paid $200, not a steal but still solid. Seems to be missing a few bits though. I may tear this one down and rebuild it, should be a fun one. 

004.JPG

You may have the best CL sellers in America.  Jealous of the deals you've gotten on complete sets. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

You may have the best CL sellers in America.  Jealous of the deals you've gotten on complete sets. 

This was rare and extremely lucky. I seem to get a lot of QARs and Harry Potter stuff on CL but never UCS bonanzas like this. 

The crazy thing is one guy beat me there and only bought the Yoda bust and 3724 Dragon the guy had for $200 bucks each. He left all these ships for me. 

22 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Picked this up from the same guy I got the other ucs sets from. It was on hold when I picked up the others but the guy no showed. Paid $200, not a steal but still solid. Seems to be missing a few bits though. I may tear this one down and rebuild it, should be a fun one. 

004.JPG

You should tear down and build all of them.  That's the lion's share of the fun.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

@marcandre nice pickup. You probably already know this but you can BL the visible red elements in dark red (they weren't made at the time the set was produced) for a nicer look IMO, if you decide to build it. Mine is still sitting in a box. 

I just got it to flip so I want to keep it original. I already don't have room for all my modulars so starting a ucs collection is out of the question. 

Turns out the one piece I'm missing is $75 (2440 hinge panel) so not sure what I'll do now.

Edited by marcandre

4 hours ago, marcandre said:

Depending on the missing elements and manual's condition, it's closer to a steal than a solid deal :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, marcandre said:

I just got it to flip so I want to keep it original. I already don't have room for all my modulars so starting a ucs collection is out of the question. 

Turns out the one piece I'm missing is $75 (2440 hinge panel) so not sure what I'll do now.

What colour is that part meant to be?

Edit: answered my own question. Light grey.

In the first instance I'd be tempted to contact the seller and just check to see if he has found that piece. 

Otherwise replace with dbg version with replacement sticker and just make that clear when you advertise for sale.

Someone looking to complete their Star Wars UCS display may not care too much about 1 piece and sticker being a substitution as it doesn't take away from the display value. If someone has to have it 100% correct then they can choose to find and buy that part. Still a bargain buy imho and plenty of meat left on the bone for resale.

Edited by Fenix_2k1
  • Like 3

I had planned on building one, but ended up selling all of my Imperial Star Destroyer 75055s except one (which I feel compelled to either keep NIB or sell) since they finally jumped up to the mid $200s on eBay.  So I have been looking for a used one or a 6211, and I finally was able to pick one up a 6211for a good price to build.  Excited to add this one to the building queue once I get the 3 parts that were missing!  

ISD 6211 .jpg

• Like 1

26 x batman Battle pod poly from TRU paid with 20% off GC
Dimensions gremlin packs $12 each & E.T. packs for $5 each from WM
IMG_3841.thumb.JPG.20433963338b3c2f661c4a7bc8c5c251.JPG

You finally cleared them out? I was surprised to see them there last week. Did you get the two I hit behind the Nexo knights?
  • Like 2