What Lego set did you buy today?

I think this must be what a box looks like when the flap is just ripped open instead of cutting seals

My first thought when I saw this was that it was strategically cut to try to steal the Minifigures. Then maybe a failed attempt to return them to the store. I'm going to go look at them anyway. At 60 bucks, even without the figures, it's still a decent buy. It will be something for my daughter and I to build.

Made a Fry's run for some cheap Lego.

2x town homes $20 each

y wing - $29

2x Milano ships $20 each

pizza truck - $8

1 ayesha's revenge - $15

Had to have my mummy fix so picked up the first two flicks for $6 plus they each have $8 off tickets to the new one :)

RenderedContent-A2A1F191-1AD5-467D-8268-5BC08C8F6E1E.JPG

RenderedContent-6C3B01BD-1F2F-44BC-A3C2-A84FECA3010A.JPG

• Like 6

Ha, yeah I wonder what the deal was with mechdragons really...did no kids want it or were there just way too many of them made? I recently sold the 2 I had, which I got for $30 and $20, for $60 each so it wasn't too bad.

I guess... if you think selling a set for 2/3 of RRP over a year after retirement is not too bad.

Walked into a local Intertoys and found in the clearance bin:

60109 - Fire Boat (RRP €79,99) for €30

75876 - Porsche 919 Hybrid and 917K Pit Lane (RRP €89,99) for €40

Both NISB with some minor shelf wear on the edges. Couldn't resist taking them. :) 

There were also some other sets like two boxes of 75149 - Resistance X-Wing for €40 and a 75152 Imperial Assault Hovertank for €20, but I left those in the bin.

Bought the following for investment over the past few days:

CL for $48.  Indiana Jones: 7197 Venice Canal Chase and 7198 Flying Plane Attack.  Both complete with instructions.  For some reason Indiana Jones sets are selling well since late last year.  ?

TRU, PM for $29.99 + tax, 75916 Dilophosaurus Ambush in near minty box.  Still have some to get additional discounts like 10% for using their credit card and hopefully a 20% coupon according to the manager.

DSC09264 - Resized.JPG

DSC09263 - Resized.JPG

DSC09268 - Resized.JPG

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 2