What Lego set did you buy today?

Mixed lot from CL that appears to have a Cloud City in it, what a score! Only about 10% of the way through it, haven't completed all the figs yet but I have enough of the unique parts to know its there - we will see how complete it is! Just hoping to unearth that full Boba. 

• Like 7

Mixed lot from CL that appears to have a Cloud City in it, what a score! Only about 10% of the way through it, haven't completed all the figs yet but I have enough of the unique parts to know its there - we will see how complete it is! Just hoping to unearth that full Boba. 

pics or it didn't happen

What I've found so far

2412d7d89565d399d8ea7a502d115e1e.jpg
  • Like 5

I bought the Silent Mary today from Disney online. Used the 25% off and first time cardholder to get $100 statement credit. Comes out to $85. Either going to hold or build as I've not decided yet. 

Do you by any chance know where is the offer for $100 statement credit? I'm thinking of taking advantage of this as well but I can only find on for $50 and the other for $200 (but requires $500 purchase)... perhaps it is gone? Or not on the main page?

Bought 2x Simpsons Houses and 2x Kwik-E-Marts from walmart Canada at 25% off (approx $132USD each).

A pair to build and a pair to resell down the road. I'm surprised I waited this long to pick these up to build as I am a huge Simpsons fan and originally intended these to be Day-1 purchases. 

Edited by eliminator

Rebel Combat Frigate for MOC parts (mini figures I will flip) for 30% off and a Saturn V. If this does really sell out and isn't replenished in stores, in the short term, I will look to flip if this gets close to £200 otherwise will keep for personal build. Also got 2 pig money banks and 2 R3 polybags as well as double VIP points.

• Like 2

Rebel Combat Frigate for MOC parts (mini figures I will flip) for 30% off and a Saturn V. If this does really sell out and isn't replenished in stores, in the short term, I will look to flip if this gets close to £200 otherwise will keep for personal build. Also got 2 pig money banks and 2 R3 polybags as well as double VIP points.

Also picked up a Frigate today. Used some points and discount gift card at TRU after the 30% off. Price matched a few Brickhedz Black Widows after I was required to show half the employees working there that LEGO is on their price match list (again). They did me a favor, since it was only a couple bucks below TRU RRP.

1 hour ago, LahH001 said:

From which store did you get R3 polybags? Westfield?

Bought 2x Simpsons Houses and 2x Kwik-E-Marts from walmart Canada at 25% off (approx $132USD each).
A pair to build and a pair to resell down the road. I'm surprised I waited this long to pick these up to build as I am a huge Simpsons fan and originally intended these to be Day-1 purchases. 

I kind of suspect a lot of people out there are doing the same thing. Always wanted the set, but never grabbed. Now they're scrambling or will when it's too late.

7 hours ago, Shewie said:

From which store did you get R3 polybags? Westfield?

Stratford.  They had a bunch leftover from the recent promo and were also selling some on the counter for £3.99 each.  The person who served me remembered I had two kids so popped a couple in my order.

Over the past few days I have had a lot of luck buying on CL.  After losing out on one Black Pearl, I found another used one for $130 that is complete with all of the minifigures (no instructions), for investment.  The Joshamee Gibbs minifigure is missing his hair, another victim of male pattern baldness no doubt. :)  I will get new hair for him.

Last night I got a used 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer complete with all the minfigures and instructions for $55.  I have always wanted this one for my personal collection!  The Darth Vader minifigure has one white arm with a black hand for some reason.  The pieces came separated into numbered bags according to the instructions.  The emperor hologram is definitely in bag 3!

In both cases the mother and her son were both very happy with the money they got.  It was a win, win scenario for everybody.

I will admit that I am envious of the awesome finds that many members post here, and now I get to post two of my own.

DSC09355 - Copy.JPG

DSC09356 - Copy.JPG

DSC09339 - Copy.JPG

DSC09340 - Copy.JPG

DSC09342 - Copy.JPG

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 8

Picked this up from the same guy I got the other ucs sets from. It was on hold when I picked up the others but the guy no showed. Paid $200, not a steal but still solid. Seems to be missing a few bits though. I may tear this one down and rebuild it, should be a fun one. 

004.JPG

• Like 6