What Lego set did you buy today?

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I just collected my 9x 70618 Destinys Bounty and 39x 41175 Lava Dragon from Tesco via 3-for-2. This delicious ship is incredible value even at RRP and I really cleaned up on the 41176 Secret Market Places from last year so 41175 was certainly worth a punt at only £18.66 each vs RRP of £39.99. I don't know why, but I see a lot of appeal in the Elves sets with dragons.

Yes... I'm back! But, I being a lot more careful this time round.

It's OK, we knew you never left: :smile:

• Like 2

• Quacs unfeatured this topic
Guest TabbyBoy

Not bought as such, but I swapped another 4 of my Pet Shops for 4 Simpsons Houses. If the Simpsons Houses can sell for RRP after EOL, that should provide more profit than the Pet Shops.

I ordered 2x 41180 Elves Ragana's Castles for £39.97 each from Amazon yesterday - there's already £15-20 profit in these on eBay UK, but these will likely be for presents.

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Not bought as such, but I swapped another 4 of my Pet Shops for 4 Simpsons Houses. If the Simpsons Houses can sell for RRP after EOL, that should provide more profit than the Pet Shops.

I ordered 2x 41180 Elves Ragana's Castles for £39.97 each from Amazon yesterday - there's already £15-20 profit in these on eBay UK, but these will likely be for presents.

They were at Adsa to, until this morning. Amazon price matched.

I bought from Asda to help sell out. Then, of course, Amazon raised the price accordingly. Asda are also selling some Minecraft at decent prices. 

Guest TabbyBoy
35 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

They were at Adsa to, until this morning. Amazon price matched.

I bought from Asda to help sell out. Then, of course, Amazon raised the price accordingly. Asda are also selling some Minecraft at decent prices. 

That's why I didn't mention Asda. I hate HUKD as it keeps making "average" people snap up our bargains, you have to be very quick! However, it could be time to keep an eye on Asda prices as they are lagging behind with offers. I'll now add them as a homepage ;-)

12 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

That's why I didn't mention Asda. I hate HUKD as it keeps making "average" people snap up our bargains, you have to be very quick! However, it could be time to keep an eye on Asda prices as they are lagging behind with offers. I'll now add them as a homepage ;-)

I would always buy from the original retailer, rather than an Amazon price match, so that the stock sells out quicker. It will help to prevent dilution, and maybe more tax for the UK too! 

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Villager Chris said:

I would always buy from the original retailer, rather than an Amazon price match, so that the stock sells out quicker. It will help to prevent dilution, and maybe more tax for the UK too! 

Since Asda is owned by Walmart, do they pay their fair share of UK tax? Personally, even though I'm very patriotic, I still want the best bargains as our government is so wasteful anyway. I still grudge paying over £50K in tax every year! Off my soapbox now.... ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

I'm hoping@exciter1 doesn't send his henchmen out to get me, but I encroached on the far reaches of his territory today and picked up a few sets at the KMart in Grove City, OH.

He might have already cleaned out there, because there were no "easy" wins, but still walked away with 4x41097 Heartlake Hot Air Balloon for $9 each and 1x60092 Deep Sea Sub for $16, plus 2 Jungle ATV's.

Left 2x Battle of Takodana for $23.50 each, should I go back and get them? I was looking for retired sets to flip this Christmas hence skipped them ....

• Haha 1

I'm hoping[mention=5363]exciter1[/mention] doesn't send his henchmen out to get me, but I encroached on the far reaches of his territory today and picked up a few sets at the KMart in Grove City, OH.

He might have already cleaned out there, because there were no "easy" wins, but still walked away with 4x41097 Heartlake Hot Air Balloon for $9 each and 1x60092 Deep Sea Sub for $16, plus 2 Jungle ATV's.

Left 2x Battle of Takodana for $23.50 each, should I go back and get them? I was looking for retired sets to flip this Christmas hence skipped them ....

I have not traveled northwest for KMart deals.

10 hours ago, Phil B said:

I'm hoping@exciter1 doesn't send his henchmen out to get me, but I encroached on the far reaches of his territory today and picked up a few sets at the KMart in Grove City, OH.

Getting old .. the Takodana's turned out to be $29 each, so didn't take them. Did stop at a few rural WMs on my drive back, which resulted in NOTHING bought. Last WM turned out to be on the road to the soon-to-be-liquidating Hillsboro, OH, KMart, so popped in there. Wasn't much, but left with 2x 41175 Fire Dragon for $16 and 1x 70603 Ninjago Raid Zeppelin for $13. They didn't have any Jungle ATV poly's, but the Toy lady gave me a 30375 Sira's Adventurous Airglider instead. No problem :)

Hopefully this qualified me for $8 in points for spending $150 in November, plus the $15 in points which I should get for December (should KMart still be around by then).

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Bought a Winter Village Station at 25% off, and then some train track packs and the $15 Friends Winter car set to get myself over $55 to get the Nutcracker promo.  All this at LEGOLAND California.

How did you get it 25% off? Or was this due to VIP points?

I spent $40 on a bundle of used Lego on Facebook Marketplace. It included a pretty much complete with instructions 75051, 75101, 60067, 42036 (missing some stickers I believe) and what I think to be a partial set of Lego Friends 3061 (no instructions) but I found some of the printed parts match up, but not the minidoll.

In the process of re-building and making sure the pieces are there. Don't think I am missing too much but I think I might turn out okay for my first mini-flip.

• Like 1

Grand Emporium for £127.50. Stage 1 is of unknown completeness, and missing its instruction booklet, but stages 2 and 3 are still fully in sealed bags. I've checked and they are all there (and the instructions, but they're out of shot). I'll go through stage 1, find out what pieces are missing, bricklink them, then build the whole thing for myself.

G7bW4iU.jpg?1

• Like 4