What Lego set did you buy today?

2 X 60104  City pass plane term

1 X 60169 City Cargo term

Tesco 2x2, On collection all 3 boxes damaged badly and sent in bags only.Full refund.?

Tesco need to address this Bag only packaging it must cost them a fortune in person power.

Collected from Argos.

2 X 60154 City Bus

2 X 60132 city Garage 

Both 50% off.   Collected,boxes in perfect condition.?

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Slatesbin said:

2 X 60104  City pass plane term

1 X 60169 City Cargo term

Tesco 2x2, On collection all 3 boxes damaged badly and sent in bags only.Full refund.1f621.png

Tesco need to address this Bag only packaging it must cost them a fortune in person power.

Collected from Argos.

2 X 60154 City Bus

2 X 60132 city Garage 

Both 50% off.   Collected,boxes in perfect condition.1f642.png

Hmmm... I've never had a problem with Tesco, but have had with LEGO recently so I suppose anybody can be unlucky wth any retailer these days. I'm pleased for you that Argos gave you good boxes, did you have to remove any stickers? I'm wondering if they keep the good stuff for collecting and send the crap out for delivery?

I got my 2x 60154 Bus Station at £19.99 each and 2x 60152 Sweeper/Excavator at £12.49 each from Amazon UK instead ;-)

A lot of retailers (even LEGO) have stopped supplying items in original LEGO factory boxes apart from Asda.

30 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Hmmm... I've never had a problem with Tesco, but have had with LEGO recently so I suppose anybody can be unlucky wth any retailer these days. I'm pleased for you that Argos gave you good boxes, did you have to remove any stickers? I'm wondering if they keep the good stuff for collecting and send the crap out for delivery?

I got my 2x 60154 Bus Station at £19.99 each and 2x 60152 Sweeper/Excavator at £12.49 each from Amazon UK instead ;-)

A lot of retailers (even LEGO) have stopped supplying items in original LEGO factory boxes apart from Asda.

I ordered a City Service station, pay on collection. 50% off a retired set was just about a good enough reason to shop at Argos.

When I arrived I asked to inspect it. The box had one big hole in it. I asked for another - the next was perfect. I was lucky they had two in stock as this set sold out in most stores within hours of the discount going live. Hit and miss with Argos all the way. Probably more hits, but in the wrong sense! 

Edited by Villager Chris

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Multiple 10704´s for 9 euros!

LOL - Snap! I bought some from a local Asda just now for £7.99 each and I only went in for sausages! This is one of the best sets for MOCs and parting out the rest. I would consider ordering these from Argos as the box condition doesn't matter. However, TRU can go to Hell!

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

LOL - Snap! I bought some from a local Asda just now for £7.99 each and I only went in for sausages! This is one of the best sets for MOCs and parting out the rest. I would consider ordering these from Argos as the box condition doesn't matter. However, TRU can go to Hell!

First time I have paid less than 1 cent per part for new Lego.

Is this only at selected Asdas?

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Lego17 said:
2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Is this only at selected Asdas?

I saw them at Asda Farnborough, 6 on the shelf so I grabbed them all even though one had a crushed corner. There's another 2 Asda stores near me, but they hardly stock any LEGO. Of course, deals like this are rarely national otherwise they'd be on the George website by now. I no longer make a habit of going to supermarkets for just LEGO, but I will pass along the aisle when I go in for other stuff so it's not a wasted trip.

37 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

The Argos sets only had the Bar Code stickers,one on each.Only ever collected from Argos and luckily all my orders have been near mint.

My C&C Tesco order was trashed all 3 boxes,could feel major damage through each of the delivery bags no need to even open.Someone at Tesco needs a rocket..

25 minutes ago, Phil B said:

What always surprises me the most about Ex's trips in his DeLorean is how pristine the boxes are.

WHAT IF...Exciter isn't actually going back in time to pick up his sets, but is actually traveling into the future/present to tell us about his purchases....?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Mr_Coat said:

WHAT IF...Exciter isn't actually going back in time to pick up his sets, but is actually traveling into the future/present to tell us about his purchases....?

What are you predicting, remakes?

22 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Mom and Pop probably don´t open up the shop between his visits.

They're open all year,, but they are no longer stocking new LEGO, so this will end at some point. :(

I've been holding out for this 25% off sale.

11 minutes ago, Mr_Coat said:

If Lego mainly sell Hero Factory and Agents in the future, I am quite happy to be living in the past. Surprised there was no Atlantis, I can still get them here.