What Lego set did you buy today?

I bought a used 7784 without the manual and had a terrible time trying to distinguish the parts and placement using the online instructions.  There is just too much of the same color to see each step clearly.  I setup an eBay search for "7784 instructions" and eventually snagged them for about $20.  If you can be patient you should be able to score them for a better price than Bricklink but I don't know what the impact to your resale value will be with or without the instructions.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I bought a used 7784 without the manual and had a terrible time trying to distinguish the parts and placement using the online instructions.  There is just too much of the same color to see each step clearly.  I setup an eBay search for "7784 instructions" and eventually snagged them for about $20.  If you can be patient you should be able to score them for a better price than Bricklink but I don't know what the impact to your resale value will be with or without the instructions.

Good idea, thanks, I'll be patient and keep an eye for a good price.  I didn't buy it with the intent to resell, but you never know.  If I can find the manuals for as cheap as you, I will certainly shoot the puck.

Guest TabbyBoy

C7 from LEGO Shop at Home for personal collection for £69.99. It arrived today with London Bus and freebie Batmobile polybag (I had Spiderman last week). If I lived near a LEGO store, I'd be popping in daily! But, they'll probably get more money off me than Asda!

13 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

C7 from LEGO Shop at Home for personal collection for £69.99. It arrived today with London Bus and freebie Batmobile polybag (I had Spiderman last week). If I lived near a LEGO store, I'd be popping in daily! But, they'll probably get more money off me than Asda!

I hope I get the Batman poly as well.  I got the Spiderman the other week as well.

Guest TabbyBoy

A shed load from Asda... again! ;-)

About a pallet load of Dr Who and Ecto1 sets (100 of each), 50x CLAAS XERION (Yes, I know it's Technic!)

Edited by TabbyBoy

2 piggy banks for $11.98 and 4 draculas for $4.99 each. I built the first piggy bank for my 3 year old and he's already scavenging around the house for loose change :) His big brother has yet to really understand that change = money so why not let the little guy have it? It was also double points so the $48 is more like $43...not bad IMO. 

• Like 2

I was away doing training today, which usually means a 2 hour drive from home. En route there's a shop that normally has retired sets floating on shelves a while as its so rural. Popped in on my way home for a look and found 4x 76021 Milano going for £58 and a 75054 for £116. Not amazing but still guaranteed profit. 

Guest TabbyBoy

Here's the last receipt when I went into my local branch this evening (I was doing the weekly shop anyway) and got one of the managers to order for me as there was a glitch when I tried ordering again from my iPad:

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 20.04.10.png

Asda: You need bigger limits than 10 per order, who do you think you are, LEGO?

No, it's not quite my biggest ever order, that was 99x Fire Brigades back in the good old days!

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Point 1: I am glad you are back, life is never dull with your crazy orders.

Point 2: You said no more Technic, remember?

I know, I know... But, it's the best value Technic set in years at that price, great looking and sold prices on eBay are already quite encouraging.

I'll now have more Dr Who sets than my "3x soon after EOL set not mentioned on here" ;-)

Just now, Ciglione said:

And then they say Brexit was bad for the UK. Domestic business is flourishing!

Let me reply to you again once I've offloaded it all.

8 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'll now have more Dr Who sets than my "3x soon after EOL set not mentioned on here" ;-)

Again... I thought you would not buy anymore City sets!?

10 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Let me reply to you again once I've offloaded it all.

I am not sure if your loss and benefits are taken into consideration when they are making the statistics for the UK.