What Lego set did you buy today?

Got the 31052 Vacation Getaway from Target for $34.39.  It was on sale earlier this week when I ordered it but got an email that it was cancelled. Then I got an email this morning saying my order was ready for pickup at the store. Unexpected surprise.

I was happening to talk to some employees at Kmart, and one of them pointed out the the "Olaf summer fun" polybags they had were scanning BOGO free on their POS system.

Grabbed 10, plus a 41074 Azari and the Magical Bakery ($14.00 after additional 50% off clearance) and a Gali Uniter of Water ($7.00 after additional 50% off) and headed up.

Here is where the headache starts.

The sets scanned fine, I got them both and used $5 in points to get them around 60% off. Plus I got 15,000 points back from a coupon I had.

The polybags scanned as a BOGO offer, but the system wouldn't make the second one free. Ended up waiting 15 minutes as the manager attempted to get it to work, and he eventually just rang me up for five. Used a $5.00 off $10 and 2500 points to get 10 for around $13.50.

After tallying it all up I saved around 64%. Already sold the bakery on BL.

Not bad all in all. The employees were friendly and the store was a hell of a lot cleaner than the last times I had been there, almost on par with my local Walmart's. Really surprised I said that about Kmart.

• Like 3

I just picked up 4 of the technic Race Truck $40 each and 1 deep sea operations base $60 at toys r us. They split it into 2 separate orders for me so I could use the $25 gift card when you spend 100 and get 2 cops and robbers minifigures packs so each of my kids could get one. I did not even ask them to do this for me, my toys r us staff is very helpful and goes out of their way for customers. Too bad not all of yours does this.

my kids do help them bag their free sets also after they build theirs and come to most of the toys r us events so the staff look out for them.

• Like 6

I 'only' got 3 x IST & 3 x Trevi Fountain. However, I did order different stuff from them last week (and from others) so didn't want to go too crazy.

Still trying to keep (loosely) to a budget so couldn't go too mad also, plus starting to run out of space a bit. If I had a lot more space and was willing to bust what I comfortably allow myself to spend, I would have ordered lots more today. I don't blame people if they've gone mental buying loads because there were so many great deals to be had. I don't blame people one bit.